|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Esme Squalor do for a living?
(a) She is the sixth most important financial advisor.
(b) She is the tenth most important financial advisor.
(c) She is the number one most important financial advisor.
(d) She is the most important school teacher.
2. While climbing the staircase, how often do Klaus and Violet take turns carrying Sunny?
(a) Every ten floors.
(b) Every three floors.
(c) Every other floor.
(d) Every five floors.
3. What two elements does the narrator use as references at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) Oxygen and aluminum.
(b) Aluminum and Helium.
(c) Hydrogen and oxygen.
(d) Hydrogen and Helium.
4. When the children first meet Mr. Squalor, what does he offer to get them?
(a) A martini.
(b) A bed.
(c) An orange.
(d) A slice of cake.
5. How could the Baudelaire children tell the clothes would dwarf them by comparison?
(a) The clothes are used.
(b) They try them on.
(c) The sizes are labeled too large.
(d) The Squalors say so.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the first few days in the penthouse, what happens once the Baudelaire children return to the penthouse?
2. What is Klaus's favorite place to visit in the city?
3. According to Mr. Squalor, what is his wife most attentive to?
4. According to the narrator, what is one good part of the Baudelaires' living with the Squalors?
5. Which character is dressed in black riding boots, a pinstriped suit, and a monocle?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)