|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the narrator, what does the phrase "dwarfed by comparison" not have to deal with?
(a) The phrase doesn't have anything to do with dogs.
(b) The phrase doesn't have anything to do with comparisons.
(c) The phrase doesn't have anything to do with children.
(d) The phrase doesn't have anything to do with dwarves.
2. According to the narrator, which of the two elements he mentions is a gas?
3. What type of ice cream does the narrator at the beginning of Chapter 1 state you may be nervous about eating?
(a) Expired ice cream.
(b) Vanilla ice cream.
(c) Prune ice cream.
(d) Chocolate ice cream.
4. Toward the end of chapter two, what does Esme find out from a phone call is suddenly "in."
(a) Hot dogs.
5. Each morning, who takes the children to places in town?
(a) Mr. Poe.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 1, what two words does the narrator say the book will show the difference between?
2. When the Baudelaire children reach the Squalor penthouse apartment, what does the person who answers the door wear?
3. What do the Baudelaire children believe Gunther will try to do?
4. According to the narrator, what would you probably see at the front of a chemistry class?
5. Who slides down the banister first and laughs?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)