|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the orphans' new guardians?
(a) Mr. and Mrs. Squalor.
(b) Mr. and Mrs. Smith.
(c) Mr. and Mrs. Green.
(d) Mr. and Mrs. Dark.
2. Jerome finds Klaus a bedroom he thinks will fit his interests, but what's wrong with it?
(a) The library isn't close to his bedroom.
(b) The library is filled with books about fashionable things.
(c) The library is empty.
(d) The library is filled magazines about plants.
3. When the Baudelaire children reach the Squalor penthouse apartment, what does the person who answers the door wear?
(a) Jogging pants.
(b) A robe.
(c) A pinstripe suit.
(d) A dress.
4. At the end of Chapter 4, how do the Baudelaire children feel about their situation?
5. According to Violet, which of their former guardians would have enjoyed eating salad?
(a) Aunt Josephine.
(b) Uncle Melvin.
(c) Count Olaf.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Squalor want to adopt the children?
2. Who does Violet tell the Squalors is Gunther's true identity?
3. What does Esme suggest to Gunther should be auctioned off at the In Auction?
4. According to the narrator, what does a nefarious disguise mean?
5. Who had been the Baudelaire orphans' first guardian?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)