|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During their first few days with the Squalors, whom do the Baudelaires scarcely see?
(b) Jerome Squalor.
(c) Mr. Poe.
(d) Esme Squalor.
2. What does Esme Squalor do for a living?
(a) She is the most important school teacher.
(b) She is the sixth most important financial advisor.
(c) She is the number one most important financial advisor.
(d) She is the tenth most important financial advisor.
3. On the way home from Café Salmonella, what does the taxicab pass that makes the children remember their parents?
(a) The mall.
(b) The Fish District.
(c) The circus.
(d) The beach.
4. What does Violet hope the new guardians will have for her when she gets to the apartment?
(d) A separate bedroom.
5. According to the narrator, what is an alternative meaning of 'mixed bag"?
(a) Placing a plastic bag in the bowl and stirring it around.
(b) Placing a plastic bag in the bowl and mixing it with food.
(c) Placing a plastic bag and mixing it with cake batter.
(d) Placing a plastic bag in the bowl and tossing it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the buildings made of where Café Salmonella is located?
2. According to Mr. Squalor, what is one thing the children can do to save breath?
3. What does Isadora Quagmire have in her notebook?
4. After arriving home from Café Salmonella, what kinds of noises do the children hear as they climb the stairs to the penthouse?
5. During their dinner at Café Salmonella, what does Jerome tell the children he can't stand?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)