|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the doorman's real job?
(a) A salesman.
(b) A basketball hero.
(c) A mayor.
(d) An actor.
2. What word does Gunther continue to use incorrectly?
(d) Thank you.
3. According to the narrator, what does a nefarious disguise mean?
(a) A phrase that means the disguise is stylish and in.
(b) A phrase that means she does not fool them one bit, no matter what she is wearing.
(c) A phrase that means ugly.
(d) A phrase that means he does not fool them one bit, no matter what he is wearing.
4. What do the Baudelaire children believe Gunther will try to do?
(a) Get his hands on their fortune.
(b) Hurt them.
(c) Kidnap them.
(d) Harm the Squalors.
5. Why does Esme believe that Gunther is who he claims to be?
(a) Because he shows her identification.
(b) Because Jerome supports it too.
(c) Because he tells her so.
(d) Because she checks his references.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who shows up at the onset of Chapter 4 dressed in a disguise?
2. While waiting for the Squalors to return from getting soda, what does Klaus do when someone talks to him?
3. What is one of the things the Baudelaire children are afraid has happened since Gunther arrived?
4. Which character is dressed in black riding boots, a pinstriped suit, and a monocle?
5. What does Esme yell down to the children after they decide they are okay?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)