|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Esme know Gunther/Count Olaf?
(a) Olaf is Jerome's cousin.
(b) He was her neighbor.
(c) He was her acting teacher.
(d) They went to school together.
2. What does Esme yell down to the children after they decide they are okay?
(a) That she's glad to be done with them.
(b) That they're not okay.
(c) That orphans are no longer "in."
(d) That she would miss them.
3. What is one of the things the Baudelaire children are afraid has happened since Gunther arrived?
(a) Something dreadful has happened to Esme.
(b) Something dreadful has happened to the doorman.
(c) Something dreadful has happened to Mr. Poe.
(d) Something dreadful has happened to the Quagmires.
4. What do the Baudelaire children believe Gunther will try to do?
(a) Get his hands on their fortune.
(b) Hurt them.
(c) Kidnap them.
(d) Harm the Squalors.
5. What is Violet's idiosyncrasy?
(a) Tying up her hair and crossing her eyes.
(b) Tying up her hair and praying.
(c) Tying up her hair and screaming at people.
(d) Tying up her hair with a ribbon when she is inventing something.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 4, how do the Baudelaire children feel about their situation?
2. What does Esme suggest to Gunther should be auctioned off at the In Auction?
3. After Esme pushes the Up button for the ersatz elevator, what do the Baudelaires discover in the middle of the elevator shaft?
4. Which direction does Klaus suggest the Baudelaires climb to get out of the elevator shaft?
5. Who does Violet tell the Squalors is Gunther's true identity?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)