|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Violet, what is the devil's tongue?
(a) A special brand of sneakers.
(b) A knot.
(c) A curse on the Quagmires.
(d) A new "in" dance.
2. What does Klaus realize about the elevators in the apartment building and the penthouse?
(a) Two pair of elevator doors are outside the penthouse.
(b) The elevators are being secretly used.
(c) Elevators are on every floor.
(d) Blue elevators are on floors 1, 5, and 18.
3. What do the Baudelaires discover at the end of their chain of ties, curtain pulls, and extension cords?
(a) A cage of snakes.
(c) The Quagmires.
(d) Esme's pet.
4. What is one of the things the Baudelaire children are afraid has happened since Gunther arrived?
(a) Something dreadful has happened to the Quagmires.
(b) Something dreadful has happened to the doorman.
(c) Something dreadful has happened to Mr. Poe.
(d) Something dreadful has happened to Esme.
5. What is Violet's idiosyncrasy?
(a) Tying up her hair and praying.
(b) Tying up her hair and crossing her eyes.
(c) Tying up her hair with a ribbon when she is inventing something.
(d) Tying up her hair and screaming at people.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 4, how do the Baudelaire children feel about their situation?
2. What does Esme make the Baudelaires carry up to their penthouse apartment?
3. What bothers the children about Esme's demeanor as they head to the In Auction?
4. Which direction does Klaus suggest the Baudelaires climb to get out of the elevator shaft?
5. What does Esme suggest to Gunther should be auctioned off at the In Auction?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)