|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, The Cures for Love : Chapter 1, The Cures for Love.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the implied reason that Ovid does not have a military career?
(a) His father is wealthy enough to buy him out of the duty.
(b) Ovid did not want to become a soldier.
(c) There is a medical reason he was unable to serve.
(d) He is too ambitious politically.
2. What does Ovid's wife do when he is banished?
(a) Divorce him.
(b) Lobby for his return but stay in Rome.
(c) Accompany him in exile.
(d) Annul the marriage.
3. Which member of the arguing pair squabbling for his attention does Ovid choose?
4. What victory does Ovid celebrate in Amores 2:12?
(a) None of the above.
(b) The return of his health.
(c) Corinna in his arms.
(d) The publication of his poems.
5. What does Ovid compare resisting the powers of love to?
(a) A hermit closing his eyes to the world.
(b) A horse resisting its harness.
(c) Fighting back the tide.
(d) A bird deciding not to fly.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Amores 2:4, what type of woman does Ovid express a preference for?
2. In Amores 2:17, what attribute of Corinna does Ovid say keeps him enslaved?
3. What does Ovid recommend as a powerful tool historically used to get over a love?
4. Which of the following could be a quote from Amores 1:8?
5. Why does Corinna's hair fall out?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)