|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, The Cures for Love : Chapter 1, The Cures for Love.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Corinna with in Amores 3:8 that Ovid finds especially hurtful?
(a) A new very handsome lover.
(b) Another poet.
(c) A soldier.
(d) Her husband.
2. Where is Ovid born?
(a) Outside the city of Rome.
(b) In the southern part of France.
(c) In Rome.
(d) In Greece.
3. How does Ovid feel about love charms and aphrodisiacs?
(a) One should avoid all such nasty tricks.
(b) Some are beneficial, others useless.
(c) They are an important tool to master.
(d) They can be useful when used with caution.
4. What kind of social life does Ovid recommend while trying to cure a love?
(a) Lock yourself away until you are cured.
(b) Always keep someone around and avoid seclusion.
(c) Go to social affairs to find a new love.
(d) Remove yourself from society to not run into your lover by accident.
5. What is Ovid's number one rule for getting over a love affair?
(a) No alcohol.
(b) Act happy.
(c) No leisure.
(d) Divert yourself with new love.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ovid say about Nape who is Corinna's handmaid?
2. Who does Ovid threaten with exposure if she denies him in Amores 2:8?
3. What advice does Ovid give involving your rivals in love?
4. What does Ovid suggest can keep passion strong?
5. What does Ovid do to defend his actions in Amores 1:7?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)