|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, The Cures for Love : Chapter 1, The Cures for Love.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Ovid's target audience when writing The Art of Love Book 3?
(a) Ordinary women.
(b) Young women that are first starting their adult lives.
(c) Everyone who will listen.
(d) Beautiful women in order to keep control of their affairs.
2. Which of the following best characterizes Ovid's motivation for his manual on how to subdue love?
(a) Subversiveness to morality.
(b) Vengeance against love.
(c) Pity toward the unlucky in love.
(d) Generosity to mankind.
3. What does Ovid say regarding drinking while trying to cure love?
(a) Entertain yourself with drink instead of love.
(b) Do not drink or drown your wits. Nothing in between.
(c) Do not drink.
(d) Drink when you are with a different potential love.
4. What does Ovid say that soldiers have that he does not?
(a) An attractive physique.
(b) A mean streak.
(c) A selfish ego.
5. Which of the following best summarizes a lot of Ovid's advice in The Art of Love book 3?
(a) Men are simple and easily controlled.
(b) Know yourself and make the most of how you are.
(c) Love is a game to be played.
(d) Make use of youth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Ovid use to describe the best time to end a love affair?
2. What does Ovid say about women wearing the expensive color purple?
3. Why does Ovid berate the writing tablet in Amores 1:12?
4. In Amores 9B, which of the following does Ovid prefer?
5. What does Ovid say is true of love?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)