|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, The Art of Love : Chapter 3, Book 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Ovid give for his impotence in Amores 3:7?
(b) No reason.
2. What social trouble plagues the upper classes of Rome?
(a) Politics are seeped with treason.
(b) Adultery has grown to outrageous proportions.
(c) No one wants to lead or govern.
(d) Religiosity is at an all time low.
3. Which of the following best summarizes a lot of Ovid's advice in The Art of Love book 3?
(a) Know yourself and make the most of how you are.
(b) Make use of youth.
(c) Men are simple and easily controlled.
(d) Love is a game to be played.
4. After the attempted abortion, what is Corinna's immediate state?
(a) Relieved and exhausted.
(b) Still pregnant.
(c) In danger for her life.
(d) Remorseful and depressed.
5. What advice does Ovid overhear a person giving Corinna in Amores 1:8?
(a) How to make herself more attractive.
(b) How to use love for financial advantage.
(c) That she had better no entertain any other lovers.
(d) How to end the relationship with Ovid.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is a statement that Ovid makes?
2. Which of the following best describes the nature of The Art of Love Book 1?
3. What does Ovid NOT recommend doing with your hair to appear attractive to women?
4. What trait does Ovid teach as important in the winning of the girl of one's choice?
5. How does Ovid's first marriage end?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)