|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, The Art of Love : Chapter 3, Book 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ovid's first marriage end?
(a) He loses his wife and child in childbirth.
(b) His father casts out his wife after catching her in an affair.
(c) Divorce after only a couple years.
(d) None of the above.
2. What does Ovid bid farewell to at the end of Amores book 3?
(a) Elegies of love.
(c) Sweet moments of passion.
3. What happens that Ovid regrets instantly in Amores 1:7?
(a) He has just said hurtful things to his lover.
(b) He has just physically attacked his lover.
(c) He has just broken up with his lover.
(d) He has just been caught by his lover's husband.
4. What history of sexuality does Ovid give to the theater?
(a) A group rape of Sabine girls by Roman soldiers.
(b) The rape of slaves on stage for audiences to see.
(c) Erotic performances.
(d) The favorite place of the upper class to find lovers.
5. What keeps Ovid from writing the epic poem about warfare he sets out to write?
(a) He feels the topic too lofty for his verse.
(b) It is the topic of caesars and leaders, and he is but a man.
(c) Cupid shoots him with an arrow.
(d) He must write something the people of Rome want to read.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Ovid accused of having an affair with in Amores 2:7?
2. Why did Daedalus make wings for himself and his son?
3. What does Ovid say about women wearing the expensive color purple?
4. What does Ovid notice has changed in his lover when he kisses her in Amores 2:5?
5. Why is Ovid's father against Ovid becoming a poet?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)