|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, The Art of Love : Chapter 3, Book 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following could be a quote from Amores 1:8?
(a) "But never stay angry too long. A festering quarrel can make permanent enemies."
(b) "A certain bitch, snake, hag."
(c) All of the above.
(d) "Stop worshipping genius, try generosity just for a change."
2. What sort of physique does Ovid say that men consumed by love have?
(a) Thin and haggard.
(b) Fit and hard.
(c) Soft and friendly.
(d) Sickly and tremelous.
3. What does Ovid tell women about youth?
(a) It is overrated.
(b) It is fleeting and so you should enjoy it.
(c) Do not marry during your youth.
(d) It is the time to learn technique.
4. What does Ovid say that soldiers have that he does not?
(a) A mean streak.
(c) An attractive physique.
(d) A selfish ego.
5. Does Ovid have children?
(a) Yes, he had eight children from his various marriages.
(b) Yes, he had one daughter from his second marriage.
(c) He had several stepchildren.
(d) Yes, he and his third wife had two children.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Ovid say is an appropriate time to make a definitive bold move on a girl?
2. Who does the poet overhear speaking with Corinna in Amores 1:8?
3. How does Ovid feel about deception to girls?
4. Why does Ovid berate the writing tablet in Amores 1:12?
5. Why does Corinna's hair fall out?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)