|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, The Art of Love : Chapter 3, Book 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ovid do after his first marriage ends?
(a) All the above.
(c) Spends time with Macer.
(d) Finishes his education.
2. In Amores 2:3, who is Ovid trying to convince to help him as a go-between?
(a) Corinna's sister.
(b) A eunoch keeper.
(c) Corinna's best friend.
(d) A messenger boy of Corinna's household.
3. What is the implied reason that Ovid does not have a military career?
(a) He is too ambitious politically.
(b) Ovid did not want to become a soldier.
(c) There is a medical reason he was unable to serve.
(d) His father is wealthy enough to buy him out of the duty.
4. Which of the following can best be said about Ovid?
(a) Poetry is they only thing he was admired for.
(b) He enjoys some time with the reputation of being a good statesman and excellent poet.
(c) He never will have had a satisfactory political career.
(d) His success is due soley to his family's wealth.
5. How does Ovid feel about deception to girls?
(a) There is no danger from the gods.
(b) All of the above.
(c) They are cheats and so deserve to be cheated.
(d) They are just falling into traps they have set themselves.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Amores 2:15, what item does Ovid wish he was?
2. What is the forte of the parrot that dies in Amores 2:6?
3. What does Ovid say women are expert at?
4. Who inspires Ovid to write this long poem for women?
5. When does Ovid employ flattery to keep a lover?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)