|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, The Amores : Chapter 3, Book 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times does Ovid marry?
2. What does Ovid do after his first marriage ends?
(a) Finishes his education.
(c) Spends time with Macer.
(d) All the above.
3. In Amores 3:3, what does Ovid say pretty girls should get away with?
(b) Being in public with their lovers.
(c) Coloring their hair as much as they want.
(d) Dressing inappropriately.
4. What does Ovid constantly get distracted by while in the arena?
(a) An incomplete verse he has left.
(b) Pretty women passing by.
(c) The girl who accompanies him.
(d) Thoughts of Corinna.
5. What does Ovid compare in Amores 1:9?
(a) Lovers and politicians.
(b) Lovers and whores.
(c) Lovers and spouses.
(d) Lovers and soldiers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the poet overhear speaking with Corinna in Amores 1:8?
2. In Amores 2:10, how does Ovid say he would like to die?
3. What does Ovid do to defend his actions in Amores 1:7?
4. In Amores 9B, which of the following does Ovid prefer?
5. What time period does Ovid live in?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)