|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, The Amores : Chapter 3, Book 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time period does Ovid live in?
(a) The second century.
(b) The 1500s.
(c) During the reign of Julius Caesar.
(d) Around the time of Christ.
2. Who does the poet overhear speaking with Corinna in Amores 1:8?
(a) Dipsas the witch.
(b) Corinna's maid.
(c) Another man who wants to be her lover.
(d) Corinna's husband.
3. How does Ovid's first marriage end?
(a) His father casts out his wife after catching her in an affair.
(b) None of the above.
(c) He loses his wife and child in childbirth.
(d) Divorce after only a couple years.
4. What problem does Ovid have in Amores 2:10?
(a) He has two lovers and he cannot choose whom he prefers.
(b) Corinna's husband suspects their affair.
(c) He is too tired to respond to his lovers advances.
(d) He suspects Corinna is about to leave him.
5. To whom is Ovid speaking in Amores 1:6 as he sits outside the door?
(a) The Porter.
(b) His lover.
(d) The gods.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reasons doe his partner give for Ovid's impotence?
2. What is the problem Ovid gives his lover instructions about in the fourth poem of Amores Book I?
3. In Amores 2:3, who is Ovid trying to convince to help him as a go-between?
4. What is one of the clear causes of Ovid's banishment from Rome?
5. What career does Ovid's education meant to prepare him for?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)