|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, The Amores : Chapter 3, Book 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Ovid accused of having an affair with in Amores 2:7?
(a) A young virgin.
(b) Corinna's lady maid.
(c) Every woman he sees.
(d) Corinna's best friend.
2. What does Ovid say about Nape who is Corinna's handmaid?
(a) She has alterior motives.
(b) She meddles in affairs that are not hers.
(c) She is a great go-between.
(d) She is easy to deceive.
3. Which of the following best characterizes the leadership of the Roman Empire during Ovid's life?
(a) They are from Gaul.
(b) They are wealthy merchants able to buy their way into power.
(c) They are the strongest men in the country.
(d) They combine political and military leadership.
4. What does Ovid do to defend his actions in Amores 1:7?
(a) Criticise's his lover's attitude.
(b) Explains love drives one to irrational actions.
(c) Explains all lovers take risks.
(d) Cite instances of physical abuse in the gods.
5. In Amores 2:17, what attribute of Corinna does Ovid say keeps him enslaved?
(a) Her good heart.
(b) Her passion for him.
(c) Her beauty.
(d) Her innocence.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Ovid born?
2. What reasons doe his partner give for Ovid's impotence?
3. In Amores 3:11, Ovid claims, "Your morals turn me off, your body on." Which one does he say is likely to win out?
4. What does Ovid's wife do when he is banished?
5. What better part of himself does Ovid refer to in Amores 1:15?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)