|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, The Amores : Chapter 3, Book 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Amores 2:3, who is Ovid trying to convince to help him as a go-between?
(a) A messenger boy of Corinna's household.
(b) Corinna's sister.
(c) A eunoch keeper.
(d) Corinna's best friend.
2. In Amores 2:10, how does Ovid say he would like to die?
(a) Murdered tragically by a jealous husband.
(b) Peacefully in bed.
(c) By the hand of his beloved.
(d) In a mid-coital act.
3. How long does Ovid's family live?
(a) Ovid lives longer than all of his children.
(b) Ovid dies a young man before his talents have totally matured.
(c) They all die young.
(d) They all live reasonably long lives.
4. What is the problem Ovid gives his lover instructions about in the fourth poem of Amores Book I?
(a) His lover is being courted by a powerful man.
(b) None of the above.
(c) His lover wants to run away from her home with him.
(d) His lover is with her husband at a party.
5. What does Ovid say that soldiers have that he does not?
(a) A selfish ego.
(c) An attractive physique.
(d) A mean streak.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Ovid give for his impotence in Amores 3:7?
2. Why does Corinna's hair fall out?
3. Who is Ovid telling to turn a blind eye about the affairs of his lover in Amores 2:2?
4. What does Ovid define as his natural weapons in Amores 2:1?
5. Who does the poet overhear speaking with Corinna in Amores 1:8?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)