|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, The Amores : Chapter 3, Book 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Amores 2:3, who is Ovid trying to convince to help him as a go-between?
(a) Corinna's best friend.
(b) A messenger boy of Corinna's household.
(c) Corinna's sister.
(d) A eunoch keeper.
2. What does the dream interpreter say Ovid's dream means?
(a) That he should focus on his writing.
(b) That he is a puppet of the gods.
(c) That his lover will soon leave him.
(d) That he mocks love.
3. What advice does Ovid overhear a person giving Corinna in Amores 1:8?
(a) That she had better no entertain any other lovers.
(b) How to use love for financial advantage.
(c) How to make herself more attractive.
(d) How to end the relationship with Ovid.
4. When Augustus's daughter Julia reaches adulthood, what does she gain notoriety for?
(a) Her ability as an orator.
(b) Marrying the caesar who is her stepfather.
(c) Her subversive political nature.
5. Which of the following best characterizes the leadership of the Roman Empire during Ovid's life?
(a) They are from Gaul.
(b) They are the strongest men in the country.
(c) They combine political and military leadership.
(d) They are wealthy merchants able to buy their way into power.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which member of the arguing pair squabbling for his attention does Ovid choose?
2. What does Ovid compare in Amores 1:9?
3. How long does Ovid's family live?
4. In Amores 2:11, who is traveling?
5. In Amores 2:4, what type of woman does Ovid express a preference for?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)