|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, The Amores : Chapter 3, Book 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ovid compare in Amores 1:9?
(a) Lovers and whores.
(b) Lovers and politicians.
(c) Lovers and soldiers.
(d) Lovers and spouses.
2. What does Ovid's wife do when he is banished?
(a) Divorce him.
(b) Annul the marriage.
(c) Lobby for his return but stay in Rome.
(d) Accompany him in exile.
3. In Amores 9B, which of the following does Ovid prefer?
(a) To be alone.
(b) To be dead.
(c) To sleep peacefully every night.
(d) To be deceived by a mistress.
4. What class is Ovid considered?
(a) Fifth or the lowest class.
(b) First class or the elite.
(c) Second class.
(d) Third class.
5. In Amores 2:6, what does the parrot show little interest in?
(a) Other birds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What keeps Ovid and Corinna apart in Amores 3:10?
2. What keeps Ovid from writing the epic poem about warfare he sets out to write?
3. What does Ovid notice has changed in his lover when he kisses her in Amores 2:5?
4. What advice does Ovid overhear a person giving Corinna in Amores 1:8?
5. According to Ovid, what happens when people resist the powers of love?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)