|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, The Amores : Chapter 2, Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Macer?
(a) The wealthy merchant that sent him to school.
(b) Ovid's father.
(c) Ovid's school fellow.
(d) Ovid's master of education.
2. In Amores 2:5, what does Ovid witness his lover doing?
(a) Saying bad things about him.
(b) Having an affair with another man.
(c) Lying to avoid him.
(d) Making love to her husband.
3. Why does Ovid berate the writing tablet in Amores 1:12?
(a) His chalk verses are rubbed off.
(b) None of the above.
(c) It is not big enough to hold everything he wants to say.
(d) Corinna returns it to him, saying she cannot meet him today.
4. How much focus does Ovid put on poetry when he finishes his education?
(a) He nurtures his poetic talent on the side while studying for a lucrative career.
(b) He continues to study it diligently even though he does not think he would ever use it.
(c) He focuses all his attention on poetry.
(d) He has given up all hope of becoming a poet and does not think of it at all.
5. To whom is Ovid speaking in Amores 1:6 as he sits outside the door?
(a) The gods.
(b) His lover.
(c) The Porter.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the third poem of Amores, what promise does Ovid make?
2. What does Ovid define as his natural weapons in Amores 2:1?
3. In Amores 2:19, what does Ovid wish for in the end of Amores?
4. In Amores 2:14, what practice does Ovid say could cause mankind to be extinct?
5. What does Ovid object to and says cools his passion?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)