|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, The Amores : Chapter 2, Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Ovid's family live?
(a) They all die young.
(b) Ovid lives longer than all of his children.
(c) Ovid dies a young man before his talents have totally matured.
(d) They all live reasonably long lives.
2. What better part of himself does Ovid refer to in Amores 1:15?
(a) His love.
(b) His daughter.
(c) His poetry.
(d) His lover.
3. What does Ovid define as his natural weapons in Amores 2:1?
(a) Poetry and soft words.
(b) Threats and entreaties.
(c) Looks and prowess.
(d) Expressions and entreaties.
4. In Amores 2:19, what does Ovid wish for in the end of Amores?
(a) Corinna to separate from her husband so they could marry.
(b) The affair with Corinna to go on forever.
(c) A new lover.
(d) Corinna's husband to present more of a challenge.
5. Which of the following best characterizes Ovid's poetry?
(a) None of the above.
(b) Shows toleration for marital infidelity.
(c) Undercuts the regime in power.
(d) Is bucolic and pastoral.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Ovid threaten with exposure if she denies him in Amores 2:8?
2. Why does Corinna's hair fall out?
3. What social trouble plagues the upper classes of Rome?
4. After the attempted abortion, what is Corinna's immediate state?
5. Who does the poet overhear speaking with Corinna in Amores 1:8?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)