|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, The Amores : Chapter 1, Book 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ovid say about Nape who is Corinna's handmaid?
(a) She is a great go-between.
(b) She meddles in affairs that are not hers.
(c) She is easy to deceive.
(d) She has alterior motives.
2. What social trouble plagues the upper classes of Rome?
(a) Adultery has grown to outrageous proportions.
(b) Religiosity is at an all time low.
(c) No one wants to lead or govern.
(d) Politics are seeped with treason.
3. When Augustus's daughter Julia reaches adulthood, what does she gain notoriety for?
(a) Her ability as an orator.
(c) Her subversive political nature.
(d) Marrying the caesar who is her stepfather.
4. In the fifth poem of Amores Book I, what time of day is it?
(a) Siesta time.
(c) Late morning.
(d) Late at night.
5. What is the problem Ovid gives his lover instructions about in the fourth poem of Amores Book I?
(a) His lover wants to run away from her home with him.
(b) His lover is with her husband at a party.
(c) His lover is being courted by a powerful man.
(d) None of the above.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ovid do to defend his actions in Amores 1:7?
2. Who is Augustus?
3. What does Ovid's wife do when he is banished?
4. Who does the poet overhear speaking with Corinna in Amores 1:8?
5. Which of the following best characterizes Ovid's poetry?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)