|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, The Amores : Chapter 1, Book 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Macer?
(a) The wealthy merchant that sent him to school.
(b) Ovid's master of education.
(c) Ovid's father.
(d) Ovid's school fellow.
2. What does Ovid's wife do when he is banished?
(a) Annul the marriage.
(b) Lobby for his return but stay in Rome.
(c) Divorce him.
(d) Accompany him in exile.
3. What is one of the clear causes of Ovid's banishment from Rome?
(a) His speeches against the caesar.
(b) His affair with the Caesar's wife.
(c) His father's execution for treason.
(d) His scandalous and immoral poetry.
4. What does Ovid compare in Amores 1:9?
(a) Lovers and soldiers.
(b) Lovers and politicians.
(c) Lovers and spouses.
(d) Lovers and whores.
5. Who is Ovid trying to persuade to stay away in Amores 1:13?
(a) Aurora, the dawn.
(c) His father from visiting.
(d) Corinna's husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Ovid marry for the first time?
2. Why is Ovid's father against Ovid becoming a poet?
3. How does Ovid's first marriage end?
4. What does Ovid say about Nape who is Corinna's handmaid?
5. When Augustus's daughter Julia reaches adulthood, what does she gain notoriety for?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)