|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, The Art of Love : Chapter 3, Book 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose baby does Ovid suppose Corinna is carrying when she tries to get an abortion?
(b) Her other lover's.
(c) Her husband's.
(d) He doesn't know.
2. In Amores 2:19, what does Ovid wish for in the end of Amores?
(a) Corinna to separate from her husband so they could marry.
(b) The affair with Corinna to go on forever.
(c) A new lover.
(d) Corinna's husband to present more of a challenge.
3. What does Ovid say is true of love?
(a) Love is an art and requires natural talent.
(b) Love is a game and should not be taken seriously.
(c) Once mastered, love is as natural as breathing.
(d) Lovers get less pleasure than pain. They should steel their hearts for hardship.
4. After the attempted abortion, what is Corinna's immediate state?
(a) Still pregnant.
(b) Relieved and exhausted.
(c) In danger for her life.
(d) Remorseful and depressed.
5. What does Ovid say about Nape who is Corinna's handmaid?
(a) She meddles in affairs that are not hers.
(b) She is a great go-between.
(c) She is easy to deceive.
(d) She has alterior motives.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Ovid suggest is a bad idea?
2. When does Ovid say is an appropriate time to make a definitive bold move on a girl?
3. What advice does Ovid give involving your rivals in love?
4. What does Ovid recommend doing with things you intend to do for your lover regardless?
5. How does Ovid feel about love charms and aphrodisiacs?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)