|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, The Art of Love : Chapter 3, Book 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What advice does Ovid give involving your rivals in love?
(a) Oil the door for them.
(b) Do not expose your rivals.
(c) All of the above.
(d) Let yourself be cheated on.
2. What are many of the instructions Ovid gives his lover in the fourth poem of Amores Book I?
(a) What living independently means.
(b) What to say to appear coy.
(c) How to hold off an interested man.
(d) Secret signals for them to communicate.
3. Which of the following is NOT a position held by Ovid in Amores 3?
(a) It is my poetry and not me that deserves the beauties in my bed.
(b) I'm not the fool I was.
(c) We eternally chafe at restrictions and covet whatever's forbidden.
(d) Let me cling to my foolish illusions.
4. Which of the following best describes the nature of The Art of Love Book 1?
(a) A how-to manual about seducing women.
(b) Suggestions on how to find a soul mate.
(c) A rancorous tirade of a bittered lover.
(d) A collection of observations about love.
5. What does Ovid ask Corinna to do in Amores 3:14?
(a) Be faithful.
(b) Sleep with him one last night.
(c) For her to be discreet and hide her other affairs from him.
(d) None of the above.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of the clear causes of Ovid's banishment from Rome?
2. In Amores 2:9, what does Ovid argue that he should quit?
3. What is the first thing Ovid recommends that women in search of love to do?
4. What sort of physique does Ovid say that men consumed by love have?
5. What is the forte of the parrot that dies in Amores 2:6?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)