|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, The Art of Love : Chapter 3, Book 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the fifth poem of Amores Book I, what time of day is it?
(b) Late at night.
(c) Siesta time.
(d) Late morning.
2. What is Ovid angry at in Amores 3:6?
(a) His muse.
(b) A small river barring his way to meet a lover.
(c) The gods.
(d) The institution of marriage.
3. What does Ovid recommend women pay great attention to?
(a) Determining if a potential lover is sincere or a player.
(b) The wealth of her suitor.
(c) The other women surrounding a potential lover.
(d) The passion of a lover.
4. Which of the following best represents Ovid's recommendations for makeup?
(a) Some is good, but do not wearn too much.
(b) Young women should not wear it but older women should.
(c) Makeup only detracts from natural beauty and is gross to touch.
(d) Use plenty so it will not wear off during the day.
5. What did Vulcan gain by catching Venus and Mars together and exposing them?
(a) It overwhelms his wife with guilt and makes an enemy of Mars.
(b) Nothing. It worsens his lot and he regrets it in the end.
(c) It separates the lovers but he also loses his wife.
(d) It humiliates the lovers into fidelity.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Ovid suggest is a bad idea?
2. Who is Ovid accused of having an affair with in Amores 2:7?
3. Whose baby does Ovid suppose Corinna is carrying when she tries to get an abortion?
4. What is the problem Ovid gives his lover instructions about in the fourth poem of Amores Book I?
5. When Augustus's daughter Julia reaches adulthood, what does she gain notoriety for?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)