|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, The Amores : Chapter 2, Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Amores 2:3, who is Ovid trying to convince to help him as a go-between?
(a) Corinna's best friend.
(b) Corinna's sister.
(c) A messenger boy of Corinna's household.
(d) A eunoch keeper.
2. In Amores 2:6, what does the parrot show little interest in?
(d) Other birds.
3. What happens that Ovid regrets instantly in Amores 1:7?
(a) He has just broken up with his lover.
(b) He has just physically attacked his lover.
(c) He has just been caught by his lover's husband.
(d) He has just said hurtful things to his lover.
4. What does Ovid say about Nape who is Corinna's handmaid?
(a) She meddles in affairs that are not hers.
(b) She is easy to deceive.
(c) She has alterior motives.
(d) She is a great go-between.
5. What does Ovid's wife do when he is banished?
(a) Lobby for his return but stay in Rome.
(b) Annul the marriage.
(c) Accompany him in exile.
(d) Divorce him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What argument does Ovid make for his case in Amores 1:10?
2. What victory does Ovid celebrate in Amores 2:12?
3. Who is Ovid trying to persuade to stay away in Amores 1:13?
4. What is the horrible crime Ovid defines in Amores 2:2?
5. What career does Ovid's education meant to prepare him for?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)