|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, The Amores : Chapter 2, Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are many of the instructions Ovid gives his lover in the fourth poem of Amores Book I?
(a) What living independently means.
(b) How to hold off an interested man.
(c) What to say to appear coy.
(d) Secret signals for them to communicate.
2. What does Ovid say about Nape who is Corinna's handmaid?
(a) She is easy to deceive.
(b) She is a great go-between.
(c) She meddles in affairs that are not hers.
(d) She has alterior motives.
3. What keeps Ovid from writing the epic poem about warfare he sets out to write?
(a) He feels the topic too lofty for his verse.
(b) Cupid shoots him with an arrow.
(c) It is the topic of caesars and leaders, and he is but a man.
(d) He must write something the people of Rome want to read.
4. Which of the following best characterizes Ovid's poetry?
(a) Undercuts the regime in power.
(b) None of the above.
(c) Is bucolic and pastoral.
(d) Shows toleration for marital infidelity.
5. Which of the following best characterizes Ovid's lover in the fourth poem of Amores Book I?
(a) A brazen woman with no regard for the opinion of those around her.
(b) Already a willing accomplice.
(c) A chaste woman resisting her feelings.
(d) An impassioned naive girl.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Amores 2:4, what type of woman does Ovid express a preference for?
2. What do people say about Ovid's speeches?
3. What is the forte of the parrot that dies in Amores 2:6?
4. Who is Ovid accused of having an affair with in Amores 2:7?
5. Which of the following could be a quote from Amores 1:8?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)