|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, The Amores : Chapter 2, Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Amores 2:19, what does Ovid wish for in the end of Amores?
(a) A new lover.
(b) Corinna's husband to present more of a challenge.
(c) The affair with Corinna to go on forever.
(d) Corinna to separate from her husband so they could marry.
2. What victory does Ovid celebrate in Amores 2:12?
(a) None of the above.
(b) The return of his health.
(c) Corinna in his arms.
(d) The publication of his poems.
3. Who is Augustus?
(a) All of the above.
(b) A man of immense wealth and influence.
(c) Ovid's great uncle.
(d) Caesar of Rome.
4. How many times does Ovid marry?
5. What is the implied reason that Ovid does not have a military career?
(a) Ovid did not want to become a soldier.
(b) There is a medical reason he was unable to serve.
(c) He is too ambitious politically.
(d) His father is wealthy enough to buy him out of the duty.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ovid's first marriage end?
2. What does Ovid compare in Amores 1:9?
3. In Amores 2:14, what practice does Ovid say could cause mankind to be extinct?
4. What is one of the clear causes of Ovid's banishment from Rome?
5. What keeps Ovid from writing the epic poem about warfare he sets out to write?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)