|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, The Amores : Chapter 2, Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the forte of the parrot that dies in Amores 2:6?
(a) His beautiful plumage.
(b) Catching nuts.
(d) Swinging upside down.
2. What does Ovid compare resisting the powers of love to?
(a) A hermit closing his eyes to the world.
(b) A bird deciding not to fly.
(c) Fighting back the tide.
(d) A horse resisting its harness.
3. After the attempted abortion, what is Corinna's immediate state?
(a) Still pregnant.
(b) In danger for her life.
(c) Remorseful and depressed.
(d) Relieved and exhausted.
4. What does Ovid's wife do when he is banished?
(a) Annul the marriage.
(b) Accompany him in exile.
(c) Divorce him.
(d) Lobby for his return but stay in Rome.
5. In Amores 2:19, what does Ovid wish for in the end of Amores?
(a) A new lover.
(b) Corinna to separate from her husband so they could marry.
(c) Corinna's husband to present more of a challenge.
(d) The affair with Corinna to go on forever.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ovid do after his first marriage ends?
2. What happens that Ovid regrets instantly in Amores 1:7?
3. Who is Ovid accused of having an affair with in Amores 2:7?
4. What career does Ovid's education meant to prepare him for?
5. What does Ovid do to defend his actions in Amores 1:7?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)