|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, The Art of Love : Chapter 1, Book 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ovid encourage at parties?
(a) Ambiguous phrases that make the girl feel they are for her.
(b) Befriending the girl's escort.
(c) All of the above.
(d) Let the girl see passion in your eyes.
2. Who does the poet overhear speaking with Corinna in Amores 1:8?
(a) Corinna's maid.
(b) Corinna's husband.
(c) Dipsas the witch.
(d) Another man who wants to be her lover.
3. How many times does Ovid marry?
4. What story does Ovid tell in Amores 3:6 in hopes of winning sympathy?
(a) The death of Tibullus.
(b) The story of the Caesar's own marriage.
(c) The story of a river that fell in love.
(d) The story of Achilles.
5. What does Ovid say that soldiers have that he does not?
(a) A mean streak.
(c) A selfish ego.
(d) An attractive physique.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Ovid threaten with exposure if she denies him in Amores 2:8?
2. What sort of physique does Ovid say that men consumed by love have?
3. What history of sexuality does Ovid give to the theater?
4. What problem does Ovid have in Amores 2:10?
5. Which of the following best characterizes the leadership of the Roman Empire during Ovid's life?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)