|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, The Art of Love : Chapter 1, Book 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Ovid's family live?
(a) They all die young.
(b) They all live reasonably long lives.
(c) Ovid lives longer than all of his children.
(d) Ovid dies a young man before his talents have totally matured.
2. Which of the following does Ovid claim his writing will now be about?
(a) The ups and downs of passion.
(b) The joys of intimacy.
(c) How to snare the girl of your choice.
(d) How to take revenge on love.
3. Which member of the arguing pair squabbling for his attention does Ovid choose?
4. In Amores 3:11, Ovid claims, "Your morals turn me off, your body on." Which one does he say is likely to win out?
(a) His morals will her reform her.
(b) "Love" or her body.
(c) His distaste for her personality.
(d) His morals will decline to match his lust.
5. What does Ovid say women are expert at?
(a) Showing emotion they do not feel.
(b) Fleecing their lover for gifts.
(c) Denying the advances of calculating men.
(d) Pretending to be disinterested.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Amores 2:17, what attribute of Corinna does Ovid say keeps him enslaved?
2. What is the forte of the parrot that dies in Amores 2:6?
3. Why is Ovid's father against Ovid becoming a poet?
4. Whose baby does Ovid suppose Corinna is carrying when she tries to get an abortion?
5. How much focus does Ovid put on poetry when he finishes his education?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)