|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, The Art of Love : Chapter 2, Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the problem Ovid gives his lover instructions about in the fourth poem of Amores Book I?
(a) His lover is being courted by a powerful man.
(b) His lover wants to run away from her home with him.
(c) His lover is with her husband at a party.
(d) None of the above.
2. What is Ovid hoping will happen as he waits outside the door in Amores 1:6?
(a) Corinna's husband to leave.
(b) Corinna to come home.
(c) Corinna to answer him.
(d) The doorbolt to slide free.
3. Which member of the arguing pair squabbling for his attention does Ovid choose?
4. Who is arguing about Ovid in Amores 3:1?
(a) Fate and Duty.
(b) Corinna and Lucinda.
(c) Elegy and Tragedy.
(d) Elegy and Corinna.
5. In the fifth poem of Amores Book I, what time of day is it?
(a) Siesta time.
(c) Late at night.
(d) Late morning.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who appears to Ovid abruptly in the middle of The Art of Love book 2?
2. What does Ovid ask Corinna to do in Amores 3:14?
3. What does Ovid say is true of love?
4. In Amores 1:6, what activity is Ovid engaged in?
5. What reasons doe his partner give for Ovid's impotence?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)