|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, The Art of Love : Chapter 2, Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What spectacle does Ovid watch in Amores 3:2?
(a) The forum.
(b) The gods fighting for influence.
(c) Chariot races.
2. What does Ovid compare in Amores 1:9?
(a) Lovers and whores.
(b) Lovers and soldiers.
(c) Lovers and politicians.
(d) Lovers and spouses.
3. What does Ovid object to and says cools his passion?
(a) His lover continuing relations with her husband.
(b) His lover wearing too much makeup.
(c) His lover taunting him.
(d) His lover asking for gifts.
4. Which of the following could be a quote from Amores 1:8?
(a) "But never stay angry too long. A festering quarrel can make permanent enemies."
(b) "Stop worshipping genius, try generosity just for a change."
(c) "A certain bitch, snake, hag."
(d) All of the above.
5. What does Ovid bid farewell to at the end of Amores book 3?
(a) Elegies of love.
(c) Sweet moments of passion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What argument does Ovid make for his case in Amores 1:10?
2. What warning does Ovid give about practicing infidelity?
3. What does Ovid suggest in important in keeping a lover?
4. Why did Daedalus make wings for himself and his son?
5. What happens that Ovid regrets instantly in Amores 1:7?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)