|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, The Art of Love : Chapter 2, Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is advice that Ovid gives?
(a) To be loved you must show yourself lovable.
(b) All of the above.
(c) Build an enduring mind.
(d) Keep clear of quarrels and recriminations.
2. What does Ovid object to and says cools his passion?
(a) His lover continuing relations with her husband.
(b) His lover wearing too much makeup.
(c) His lover taunting him.
(d) His lover asking for gifts.
3. What does Ovid suggest in important in keeping a lover?
(a) Catering to her whims.
(b) Maintaining dignity and pride.
(c) Having authority in the relationship.
(d) None of the above.
4. What does Ovid ask Corinna to do in Amores 3:14?
(a) None of the above.
(b) For her to be discreet and hide her other affairs from him.
(c) Sleep with him one last night.
(d) Be faithful.
5. What does Ovid say about Nape who is Corinna's handmaid?
(a) She has alterior motives.
(b) She meddles in affairs that are not hers.
(c) She is easy to deceive.
(d) She is a great go-between.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of gifts does Ovid say you should give to keep your lover?
2. Who is arguing about Ovid in Amores 3:1?
3. How does the competitor Ovid support do in the competition?
4. Who is Corinna with in Amores 3:8 that Ovid finds especially hurtful?
5. Who is Ovid trying to persuade to stay away in Amores 1:13?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)