|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What similarity does Hutch grasp about the discontinuities?
(a) They all make room for new life.
(b) They seem to happen in multiples of eight.
(c) They seem to be irregular and unpredictable.
(d) They all happen to viable civilizations.
2. What does Melanie's diary note about even the transmitter of the telescope that had been damaged?
(a) It was of unknown material.
(b) It was huge.
(c) It was self repairing.
(d) It appeared to be organic.
3. What does Hutch realize about each event of discontinuity?
(a) The are linked to stars.
(b) They are foretold in legend.
(c) They are separated by a thousand years.
(d) They are entirely random.
4. Why does Carson want to know the last time the four moons were in alignment?
(a) To understand the eclipse factors.
(b) To date the photo they found on the space station.
(c) To determine the effect on the brachyids.
(d) To predict the next alignment.
5. How many days are spent exploring the Oz before leaving?
6. How many days must they wait yet when the pumps give out?
7. Who is on board the Ashley Tee when it leaves to investigate?
(a) Hutch and Frank.
(b) Hutch and Terry.
(c) Terry and Janet.
(d) Janet and Hutch.
8. What kind of creature do they encounter on the planet?
(a) Something similar to a crab.
(b) Something similar to a cockroach.
(c) Something similar to a deer.
(d) Something similar to a rat.
9. What becomes unstable after collision with it?
(a) Their hull.
(b) Their power plant.
(c) Their communications.
(d) Their demeanors.
10. How many members does Hutch manage to get aboard the shuttle?
11. How many people gather for the memorial held for Jake, George and Maggie?
12. Why are there regulations regarding a transdimentional jump?
(a) To avoid possible backwash.
(b) To monitor flight plans.
(c) To enable control over the flights.
(d) To reduce the number of trips taken.
13. How long will it be before the Ashley Tee arrives?
(a) Twelve days.
(b) Eleven days.
(c) Fourteen days.
(d) Thirteen days.
14. What does the anomaly look like?
(a) A group of ships.
(b) A cloud.
(c) A ship.
(d) A red giant.
15. What does Hutch realize the next morning?
(a) The Alpha shuttle can keep them warm until rescue arrives.
(b) They will run out of food.
(c) They will not make it until rescue arrives.
(d) They have no water.
Short Answer Questions
1. What occupies Hutch's mind?
2. What comes out of their mouths and is used in attack?
3. How large is it?
4. What is Maggie worried about?
5. What treatment must a physician administer to enable this guide to return?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)