|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Carson want to know the last time the four moons were in alignment?
(a) To predict the next alignment.
(b) To understand the eclipse factors.
(c) To date the photo they found on the space station.
(d) To determine the effect on the brachyids.
2. When a space station is found, what do they see?
(a) Open hatches, and two sets of characters on the hull.
(b) Lights are on and the orbit is steady.
(c) The orbit is decaying and it is smaller than Kosmik.
(d) The orbit is decaying and the shuttle is damaged.
3. Who is on board the Ashley Tee when it leaves to investigate?
(a) Terry and Janet.
(b) Janet and Hutch.
(c) Hutch and Terry.
(d) Hutch and Frank.
4. What do they find that is priceless?
(a) The computers.
(b) A collection of consoles.
(c) A photograph.
(d) An alphanumeric keyboard.
5. How many members does Hutch manage to get aboard the shuttle?
6. What does Hutch realize the next morning?
(a) They will run out of food.
(b) The Alpha shuttle can keep them warm until rescue arrives.
(c) They have no water.
(d) They will not make it until rescue arrives.
7. What does Melanie reveal to them when they disclose how they crashed on arrival?
(a) That she monitored their mission from the start.
(b) That she heard their transmission right away.
(c) That the black disk 'telescopes' are common knowledge.
(d) That there are eight such telescopes in an array in the same orbit.
8. At what level of advancement is the technology on the space station?
(b) Overly advanced.
(d) Beyond their capabilities.
9. What is Orikon?
(a) A city on Quraqua lost to the terraforming.
(b) A reference on one of the tablets.
(c) A city on Nok that had a monorail.
(d) A city on a newly discovered planet.
10. What does Hutch realize about each event of discontinuity?
(a) They are foretold in legend.
(b) They are entirely random.
(c) They are separated by a thousand years.
(d) The are linked to stars.
11. What has happened to the crew members?
(a) They are still belted in their seats.
(b) They were overcome by an invader.
(c) They escaped in the last shuttle.
(d) They were afflicted by a disease.
12. What translation does Maggie send Henry?
(a) "Seek us by the light of the horgon's eye".
(b) "Seek and you shall be rewarded by horgon",
(c) Seeking Horgon will open the eye of the seeker".
(d) "Horgon will reward those who seek his eye".
13. Who does Carson ask to remain in the shuttle when they land on Beta Pacifica III?
14. What does the Academy mandate Henry, Hutch, George and Maggie to do?
(a) Trace the source of the discontinuities.
(b) Trace the source of an energy field discovered.
(c) Take Wincklemann and find the source of the radio signals from Beta Pacifica.
(d) Trace the location of the Wincklemann.
15. What 'insurance' does Hutch take out against their mission being canceled?
(a) She lies about the urgency of departure.
(b) She creates a false log.
(c) She creates a communication malfunction.
(d) She leaves early.
Short Answer Questions
1. What similarity does Hutch grasp about the discontinuities?
2. What does Hutch finally realize?
3. What does Jake find just before the brachyids attack him?
4. What does Truscott want to find before any further exploration is done?
5. Why are there regulations regarding a transdimentional jump?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)