|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many members does Hutch manage to get aboard the shuttle?
2. What kind of creature do they encounter on the planet?
(a) Something similar to a deer.
(b) Something similar to a crab.
(c) Something similar to a cockroach.
(d) Something similar to a rat.
3. What is the purpose of the mission led by Harvey Sills?
(a) To recover Maggie's body.
(b) To investigate the deaths.
(c) To create a video log of the creatures.
(d) To eradicate the brachyids.
4. How many moons are in orbit around Beta Pac III?
5. Who is the first to cross after Hutch secures a cable to the abandoned space station?
6. How long will the flight take?
(a) Five weeks and two days.
(b) Two weeks and five days.
(c) Four weeks and five days.
(d) Seven weeks and three days.
7. What translation does Maggie send Henry?
(a) "Horgon will reward those who seek his eye".
(b) "Seek us by the light of the horgon's eye".
(c) Seeking Horgon will open the eye of the seeker".
(d) "Seek and you shall be rewarded by horgon",
8. What is Henry most interested in?
(a) Retiring in peace.
(b) Writing his memoirs.
(c) Documenting his travels.
(d) Making new friends.
9. What timing does Carson believe ir right for the wave and Earth?
(a) That it coincides with Sodom and Gomorrah.
(b) That it coincides with the second coming of Christ.
(c) That it coincides with Noah's time.
(d) That it coincides with the original arrival of Christ.
10. What is unusual about this trip for Jake?
(a) He has a chance to explore alone.
(b) He is trusted by his colleagues.
(c) It is his first solo pilot flight.
(d) It is his first time on an unknown world.
11. How long will it be before the Ashley Tee arrives?
(a) Twelve days.
(b) Thirteen days.
(c) Fourteen days.
(d) Eleven days.
12. What is Orikon?
(a) A city on Quraqua lost to the terraforming.
(b) A reference on one of the tablets.
(c) A city on a newly discovered planet.
(d) A city on Nok that had a monorail.
13. What connection do Frank and Hutch discuss regarding discontinuities?
(a) Their connection to the stars.
(b) Their ability to predict them via moon cycles.
(c) Their question as to who starts them and when.
(d) Their connection to earth.
14. What revelation do these calculations lead Frank to?
(a) Another alignment is not due for several hundred years.
(b) The discontinuities are all eight thousand years apart.
(c) The discontinuities are done.
(d) Another alignment is due soon.
15. What system does Hutch calculate in on the path of the wave?
(c) COL 1148.
Short Answer Questions
1. What message does the Wincklemann get from the Academy while waiting to leave?
2. Who goes to get the shuttle when Jake no longer answers?
3. What does Truscott want to find before any further exploration is done?
4. What does Hutch realize about each event of discontinuity?
5. What do they use to create the cube like structures on their own Oz?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)