|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color were Esther's curtains that she made from hospital gauze?
2. What colors were the first collar and cuff set that Esther made?
(a) Blue and pink.
(b) Yellow and green.
(c) Lavender and gray.
(d) White and red.
3. What skill did Esther learn from Natasha?
4. What instrument did Shurik play?
5. What was the name of the boy who Esther had a crush upon?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was one of Raya's favorite Russian writers?
2. What color dress did the belle of the masquerade wear?
3. What did Esther take to sell to get money in Chapter 14?
4. What was a troupe of actors from a repertory company performing in Rubtsovsk?
5. What color was the skirt that Marya wanted Esther to use to make a sweater?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was Esther's birthday celebrated in Vilna?
2. What was the boy who was interested in Esther like?
3. How did Esther have to sleep when they moved away from Yosif's house?
4. How did the children of Rubtsovsk help their parents with the fuel needed to heat their homes?
5. What was the reason that Svetlana didn't like Esther?
6. Why didn't Esther do well at the declamation contest?
7. Why did Raya wish she had admitted that it was her brother who knocked on her door their last day in Vilna?
8. How did Esther try to attract the attention of Yuri?
9. How did Raisa Nikitovna respond when Esther asked permission to enter the declamation contest?
10. How did Grandmother Anna and Raya react when Esther told them she lost a 30-ruble note?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)