|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Esther take to sell to get money in Chapter 14?
2. What was the name of the other girl at Esther's new school who didn't quite fit in with the other children?
3. What instrument did Svetlana play?
4. What color hair did the boy who was Esther's first love have?
5. Including Esther, how many children walked together to school in a convoy?
Short Answer Questions
1. What would there be to eat sometimes when Raya spent time with Uncle Yozia and Aunt Zaya?
2. What color were Esther's curtains that she made from hospital gauze?
3. What American movie did Esther see in Chapter 10?
4. In Chapter 17, when was it announced that there was going to be a declamation contest?
5. What was Zaya's occupation?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did all heads turn when Marya Nikolayevna made her appearance?
2. How did Esther try to attract the attention of Yuri?
3. What did Samuel say in his first letter?
4. What work did Uncle Yozia find for Esther?
5. How was Esther's birthday celebrated in Vilna?
6. How did Grandmother Anna and Raya react when Esther told them she lost a 30-ruble note?
7. What was the reason that Svetlana didn't like Esther?
8. Who were Uncle Yozia and Zaya?
9. What was a chiffarobe?
10. How did Esther measure Marya for a sweater?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)