|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Marya's husband's occupation?
(b) Army officer.
2. What color hair did the boy who was Esther's first love have?
3. What was Uncle Yozia's occupation?
4. What type of earrings did Marya wear?
5. What American movie did Esther see in Chapter 10?
(b) Charlie's Aunt.
(c) For Whom the Bell Tolls.
(d) The Best Years of Our Lives.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of fur did Marya wear?
2. What was the name of the heroine in the piece that Esther studied for the declamation contest?
3. What did Esther earn when she knit a sweater for a little girl?
4. What did Esther study for the declamation contest?
5. What instrument did Shurik play?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Ivan Petrovich?
2. What did Samuel say in his first letter?
3. What was the reason that Svetlana didn't like Esther?
4. How did Grandmother Anna and Raya react when Esther told them she lost a 30-ruble note?
5. How did Esther have to sleep when they moved away from Yosif's house?
6. During the second Summer Esther spent in Siberia, who was her and the other girls' super-heroine?
7. How did Raisa Nikitovna respond when Esther asked permission to enter the declamation contest?
8. How did the children of Rubtsovsk help their parents with the fuel needed to heat their homes?
9. Why didn't Esther do well at the declamation contest?
10. What job did the children in Rubtsovsk have to perform on Sunday?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)