|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 18, what color shoes did a man give Esther?
(c) Navy blue.
2. What colors were the first collar and cuff set that Esther made?
(a) Lavender and gray.
(b) Blue and pink.
(c) Yellow and green.
(d) White and red.
3. What was a troupe of actors from a repertory company performing in Rubtsovsk?
4. In Chapter 17, when was it announced that there was going to be a declamation contest?
5. What was one of the gifts that Esther received for her 12th birthday?
Short Answer Questions
1. What movie did Esther see that starred Deanna Durbin?
2. How much money was Esther able to get when she sold something in Chapter 14?
3. What type of building housed the village library?
4. What color dress did Anya lend Esther for the masquerade?
5. What instrument did Shurik play?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where was the only place that Esther forgot the cold and Siberia?
2. How did Raisa Nikitovna respond when Esther asked permission to enter the declamation contest?
3. During the second Summer Esther spent in Siberia, who was her and the other girls' super-heroine?
4. What was the boy who was interested in Esther like?
5. Why did Esther believe at first that Svetlana was a snob?
6. Why didn't Esther do well at the declamation contest?
7. Who were Uncle Yozia and Zaya?
8. Who was Ivan Petrovich?
9. How did Esther get a pair of shoes?
10. Why was it so difficult to walk on the steppe in the Spring?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)