|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Esther smell when they got to Rubtsovsk?
(b) Roasted meat.
(c) Roasted sunflower seeds.
2. How many nights did the Jewish men pray with Samuel before the police ordered them to stop?
3. What color dress did Grandmother Anna wear when she and Esther went to the village?
4. What color did Great-grandmother Reisa always wear?
5. What did some girls bring the prisoners who slept in the schoolroom?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long was Esther allowed to lay on a straw mattress when she was sick?
2. What did Solomon die from?
3. About how long did the Rudomins and others travel before they were allowed off the train?
4. During the first night in the schoolroom, what time did the prisoners hear a knock at the window?
5. On what day of the week were people allowed to go to the village?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Esther describe her Great-grandmother Reisa?
2. What did Grandmother and Mrs. Kaftal like to talk about?
3. Why didn't Samuel come home one night after work?
4. What did Esther and her grandmother buy in Rubtsovsk?
5. What was a Siberian electrical storm like?
6. What was the city of Vilna like?
7. Why did Esther say that history was taught in Rubtsovsk with some curious omissions?
8. Why were the prisoners called for a meeting in Chapter 5?
9. How did Great-grandmother Reisa die?
10. What did Esther see at night when there was no storm brewing?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)