|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color curtains did Esther have in her bedroom in Chapter 1?
(b) Pink and white.
(d) Blue and white.
2. What nationality did Esther see in her mother's features?
3. What did Raya put on her skin to help prevent frostbite?
(b) Goose fat.
(c) Bear fat.
(d) Petroleum jelly.
4. What color were Svetlana's eyes?
5. How old was Boris?
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the prisoners given occasionally to eat as a special treat?
2. How old was Great-grandmother Reisa when she died?
3. What trees did Esther see along the river as the train left Vilna?
4. What river ran through the town where Esther lived?
5. About how long did the Rudomins and others travel before they were allowed off the train?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Esther see at night when there was no storm brewing?
2. What techniques did Raya learn for protecting herself in the Siberian winter?
3. What could Esther see from the top of Castle Hill?
4. Why did Esther's family get out of bed right foot forward?
5. What jobs were the prisoners who worked in the mines given?
6. What did the prisoners learn at a meeting at the beginning of Chapter 6?
7. What was the city of Vilna like?
8. What was a Siberian electrical storm like?
9. What news did the Rudomins learn from a soldier?
10. When Esther returned from taking the matchbox filled with jewels to her grandmother, who was at the door?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)