|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Hitler's armies march on Poland?
2. What grade did Esther enter school in Russia?
3. Approximately how many people were taken to the gypsum mines?
4. What month was it when the prisoners got off the train?
5. How many weeks had the Rudomins been traveling when Esther's father spied mountains?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) 8 weeks.
(c) 5-6 weeks.
(d) 3-4 weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where had the doctor in Rubtsovsk lived before coming to the village?
2. What territory were the prisoners in when the train stopped?
3. How many people lived in the hut where the Rudomins moved after Nina became pregnant?
4. What did Solomon die from?
5. How many Jewish men gathered in the hut to pray with Samuel after he learned that his father died?
Short Essay Questions
1. What could Esther see from the top of Castle Hill?
2. Describe Esther's house.
3. What techniques did Raya learn for protecting herself in the Siberian winter?
4. How did everyone help Esther prepare herself for school?
5. How did Great-grandmother Reisa die?
6. What was a Siberian electrical storm like?
7. How did Esther describe her Great-grandmother Reisa?
8. What was the city of Vilna like?
9. What jobs were the Poles assigned?
10. Why did Esther refuse to go to nursery school when she was four?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)