|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Marya's husband's occupation?
(d) Army officer.
2. To what job was Raya transferred in Chapter 18?
(a) Field work.
3. How much money did Esther's Uncle Ben send?
4. How much money was Esther able to get when she sold something in Chapter 14?
(a) 25 rubles.
(b) 30 rubles.
(c) 20 rubles.
(d) 15 rubles.
5. What colors were the first collar and cuff set that Esther made?
(a) Yellow and green.
(b) Blue and pink.
(c) Lavender and gray.
(d) White and red.
6. What color were Anna Semyonovna's eyes?
7. Why didn't a mother knit a sweater for her daughter, but instead had Esther knit it?
(a) She didn't know how to knit.
(b) She had lost most of one hand.
(c) She didn't want her daughter to see her knitting.
(d) She didn't have time.
8. What was Vanya's occupation before he was sent to Siberia?
9. What skill did Esther learn from Natasha?
10. What time did Esther's escort pick her up for the masquerade?
11. What type of earrings did Marya wear?
12. What payment was a woman willing to pay Esther to make two sweaters from unused wool?
(c) Rocking chair.
13. What day of the week did the children of Rubtsovsk have to gather to haul bricks?
14. What did Esther study for the declamation contest?
(a) A sonnet to the Soviet people.
(b) An Ode to Russian soldiers.
(c) An Ode to Stalin.
(d) Pushkin's Eugene Onegin.
15. What did Raya use to make goulash for Esther's 12th birthday party?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 18, what color shoes did a man give Esther?
2. What American movie did Esther see in Chapter 10?
3. What color dress did Anya lend Esther for the masquerade?
4. How far did Esther have to walk to attend her new school in Chapter 18?
5. How many rubles did Esther have to have for her school lunch?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)