|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Including Esther, how many children walked together to school in a convoy?
2. What disease ran rampant during the Rudomins' second summer in Siberia?
(c) Yellow fever.
(d) Dengue fever.
3. What was Zaya's occupation?
(a) Piano teacher.
(c) School teacher.
4. What American movie did Esther see in Chapter 10?
(a) For Whom the Bell Tolls.
(b) Charlie's Aunt.
(c) The Best Years of Our Lives.
5. To what job was Raya transferred in Chapter 18?
(b) Field work.
6. What type of earrings did Marya wear?
7. What did it cost to see the American movie?
(a) 3 rubles.
(b) 2 rubles.
(c) 1 ruble.
(d) 4 rubles.
8. How many rubles did Esther have to have for her school lunch?
9. What would there be to eat sometimes when Raya spent time with Uncle Yozia and Aunt Zaya?
(b) Smoked beef.
(d) Smoked red fish.
10. What was Natasha's baby given when she cried?
(a) Rag soaked in sugar water to suck on.
(b) Wooden toy.
11. Where did Uncle Yozia and his wife Zaya live before they moved to Rubtsovsk?
12. What was Marya's husband's occupation?
(d) Army officer.
13. What did Esther take to sell to get money in Chapter 14?
14. What color wool did Esther use to make a sweater for a little girl?
15. Where did the woman and her daughter come from who wanted Esther to make sweaters from unused wool?
Short Answer Questions
1. What instrument did Svetlana play?
2. How long did the Rudomins have to wait in line to use the public bath?
3. In Chapter 17, when was it announced that there was going to be a declamation contest?
4. What day of the week did the children of Rubtsovsk have to gather to haul bricks?
5. Who was one of the actors in the American movie Esther saw in Chapter 10?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)