|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the surname of the woman who made clothes for the wives of the factory directors?
2. In Chapter 12, how many times did Esther say that she saw Deanna Durbin in a movie?
3. How many children came to Esther's birthday party in Vilna?
4. When was Esther's birthday?
5. What color dress did Anya lend Esther for the masquerade?
6. When Esther and her mother moved to a new hut in Chapter 17, what was the name of the couple's baby?
7. What did it cost to see the American movie?
(a) 1 ruble.
(b) 4 rubles.
(c) 3 rubles.
(d) 2 rubles.
8. What color dress did the belle of the masquerade wear?
9. What paper did the Rudomins use to write to Samuel?
(a) An old newspaper.
(b) An old homework paper of Esther's.
(c) They wrote on the back of his letter.
(d) They bought paper.
10. What was Vanya's occupation before he was sent to Siberia?
11. What was made in one of the new factories that was built in Rubtsovsk?
(b) Auto parts.
(c) Heating units.
(d) Tin cans.
12. What time did Esther's escort pick her up for the masquerade?
13. What movie did Esther see that starred Deanna Durbin?
(a) Every Sunday.
(b) 100 Men and a Girl.
(c) Three Smart Girls.
(d) Can't Help Singing.
14. Where did the woman and her daughter come from who wanted Esther to make sweaters from unused wool?
15. What type of earrings did Marya wear?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 14, how much longer did Esther believe that the potatoes in their cellar would last?
2. What payment was a woman willing to pay Esther to make two sweaters from unused wool?
3. Where did Marya Nikolayevna live before she moved to Rubtsovsk?
4. What did Esther study for the declamation contest?
5. What was Vanya the bum's last name?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)