|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color did Great-grandmother Reisa always wear?
2. How many separate apartments were in Esther's house?
3. What territory were the prisoners in when the train stopped?
4. What nationality did Esther see in her mother's features?
5. What jewelry did Great-grandmother Reisa always wear?
6. What design was on the wallpaper in Esther's room?
(d) Geometric design.
7. How many Jewish men gathered in the hut to pray with Samuel after he learned that his father died?
8. What did Samuel give to Esther and Grandmother Anna to trade in Rubtsovsk?
(a) Leather shoes.
(c) Silk shirt.
9. What year was it in Chapter 1?
10. How many days of mourning did Grandmother observe stretched out on the nari after Solomon died?
11. When did the Russians occupy Vilna?
12. When was a pact made to give all Polish citizens amnesty?
(a) October 2.
(b) September 15.
(c) July 30.
(d) August 12.
13. When Esther had a bad cough, when did the doctor believe Esther could go back to school?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) 2 months.
14. In Chapter 5, Esther said that her skirts had grown shorter. By how many inches did Esther's skirts become shorter?
(a) Almost 2 inches.
(b) 3/4 inch.
(c) 1/2 inch.
(d) Almost an inch.
15. What time were the prisoners forced to get up their first morning at the gypsum mines?
(a) 6:30 a.m.
(b) 6 a.m.
(c) 5 a.m.
(d) 5:30 a.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much did an egg cost in Rubtsovsk?
2. What mountains did Esther's father believe that he saw while they were traveling on the train?
3. What color were Svetlana's eyes?
4. How many people were packed into the railroad car?
5. What color dress did Grandmother Anna wear when she and Esther went to the village?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)