|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What group of people did Esther see in Rubtsovsk?
2. What day of the week did Esther have piano lessons?
3. What color did Great-grandmother Reisa always wear?
4. How tall was Esther's grandmother?
(a) 4 ft. 11 in.
(b) 5 ft. 2 in.
(c) 5 ft.
(d) 5 ft. 6 in.
5. What did Esther wash her hair with in Chapter 4?
(a) Water from a puddle.
(b) Water from the river.
6. What river ran through the town where Esther lived?
7. What jewelry did Great-grandmother Reisa always wear?
8. What did Solomon die from?
(b) Ulcerated liver.
9. Where did Esther's father believe that they were traveling through?
10. What bird did Esther see as she and her grandmother began their walk to the village?
11. What did Esther smell when they got to Rubtsovsk?
(c) Roasted sunflower seeds.
(d) Roasted meat.
12. What did Esther's mother give her to take to her grandmother?
(d) Photo albums.
13. Where had the doctor in Rubtsovsk lived before coming to the village?
(d) St. Petersburg.
14. About how long did the Rudomins and others travel before they were allowed off the train?
(a) 5 weeks.
(b) About 4 weeks.
(c) 7 weeks.
(d) About 6 weeks.
15. After Uncle David called, what did Esther's father wear when he went to Esther's grandfather's apartment?
(a) Business suit.
(c) Slacks and a dress shirt.
(d) Dressing gown.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color dress did Grandmother Anna wear when she and Esther went to the village?
2. What did Grandmother Anna take to trade in Rubtsovsk?
3. How long did it take before Esther and her grandmother were allowed to go to the village?
4. What year was it in Chapter 1?
5. What was the name of the hill where Esther liked to go to look down on her hometown?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)