|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many grams of bread were the Polish slave laborers given?
2. What territory were the prisoners in when the train stopped?
3. How wide were the beds in the barracks where the former prisoners were to stay?
(a) 90 inches.
(b) 60 inches.
(c) 80 inches.
(d) 70 inches.
4. What grade did Esther enter school in Russia?
5. How old was Boris?
6. How many openings provided light and air in the railroad car the Rudomins were put into?
7. How many Jewish men gathered in the hut to pray with Samuel after he learned that his father died?
8. How long was Esther allowed to lay on a straw mattress when she was sick?
(a) 12 hours.
(b) 2 days.
(c) 1 day.
(d) 3 days.
9. How much did an egg cost in Rubtsovsk?
(a) 5 rubles.
(b) 10 rubles.
(c) 20 rubles.
(d) 15 rubles.
10. What day of the week did Esther have piano lessons?
11. What did Samuel give to Esther and Grandmother Anna to trade in Rubtsovsk?
(a) Silk shirt.
(b) Leather shoes.
12. Where did Esther's father believe that they were traveling through?
13. What illness caused Esther to spend a few days alone in the room they all shared?
(b) Chicken Pox.
14. What was the name of Esther's governess?
(a) Miss Rachel.
(b) Miss Bertha.
(c) Miss Agnus.
(d) Miss Rebecca.
15. How old was Great-grandmother Reisa when she died?
Short Answer Questions
1. How were the prisoners to march to the village?
2. What did Esther's mother give her to take to her grandmother?
3. How old was Esther at the beginning of the book?
4. What was Esther's father's occupation?
5. What year was it in Chapter 1?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)