|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How tall was Esther's grandmother?
(a) 5 ft. 6 in.
(b) 5 ft. 2 in.
(c) 5 ft.
(d) 4 ft. 11 in.
2. What street did Esther live on in Vilna?
(a) Spokojna Avenue.
(b) Kolska Avenue.
(c) Tatarska Avenue.
(d) Pogulanka Avenue.
3. What bird did Esther see as she and her grandmother began their walk to the village?
4. How many openings provided light and air in the railroad car the Rudomins were put into?
5. When did the Russians occupy Vilna?
6. What did Solomon die from?
(b) Ulcerated liver.
7. What month did the snows begin?
8. How many Russian soldiers brought Esther's father to the house with his hands tied behind his back?
9. What color did Great-grandmother Reisa always wear?
10. What mountains did Esther's father believe that he saw while they were traveling on the train?
(b) Abakan Range.
11. What grade did Esther enter school in Russia?
12. On what day of the week were people allowed to go to the village?
13. How many years after Esther arrived in Rubtsovsk, did it become a town of some industrial importance?
14. What was the name of Esther's governess?
(a) Miss Agnus.
(b) Miss Rachel.
(c) Miss Bertha.
(d) Miss Rebecca.
15. What did some of the native Siberian men drink?
Short Answer Questions
1. What color gloves did Grandmother Anna wear on the train?
2. How many nights did the Jewish men pray with Samuel before the police ordered them to stop?
3. When did Hitler's armies march on Poland?
4. What river ran through the town where Esther lived?
5. Where did Esther's father believe that they were traveling through?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)