|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 14, how much longer did Esther believe that the potatoes in their cellar would last?
(a) 6 weeks.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 1 week.
(d) 1 month.
2. Where had the doctor in Rubtsovsk lived before coming to the village?
(b) St. Petersburg.
3. What was Zaya's occupation?
(b) School teacher.
(c) Piano teacher.
4. What jewelry did Great-grandmother Reisa always wear?
5. Why didn't a mother knit a sweater for her daughter, but instead had Esther knit it?
(a) She didn't have time.
(b) She didn't know how to knit.
(c) She didn't want her daughter to see her knitting.
(d) She had lost most of one hand.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Grandfather used to give the child whose flowers looked the best?
2. What did Raya use to make goulash for Esther's 12th birthday party?
3. What year was it in Chapter 1?
4. What mountains did Esther's father believe that he saw while they were traveling on the train?
5. Who was one of the actors in the American movie Esther saw in Chapter 10?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)