|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 and Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people were crammed into the schoolroom to sleep?
2. How many years after Esther arrived in Rubtsovsk, did it become a town of some industrial importance?
3. What was the name of the hill where Esther liked to go to look down on her hometown?
(a) Climbing Hill.
(b) Tournament Hill.
(c) Castle Hill.
(d) Towering Hill.
4. During the first night in the schoolroom, what time did the prisoners hear a knock at the window?
(a) 4 a.m.
(b) 3 a.m.
(c) 10 p.m.
(d) 11 p.m.
5. Later, how many Polish people did Esther learn were deported as "class enemies"?
(a) More than a million.
(c) A little less than a million.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Esther at the beginning of the book?
2. How many people were packed into the railroad car?
3. How many huts were near the gypsum mine?
4. How far was the gypsum mine from the village?
5. What didn't Esther water at the beginning of Chapter 1?
This section contains 159 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)