|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the first night in the schoolroom, what time did the prisoners hear a knock at the window?
(a) 4 a.m.
(b) 11 p.m.
(c) 3 a.m.
(d) 10 p.m.
2. What did Esther smell when they got to Rubtsovsk?
(a) Roasted sunflower seeds.
(d) Roasted meat.
3. What did Samuel give to Esther and Grandmother Anna to trade in Rubtsovsk?
(b) Leather shoes.
(c) Silk shirt.
4. What were the prisoners given occasionally to eat as a special treat?
(c) Soup with bits of meat.
5. What design was on the wallpaper in Esther's room?
(b) Geometric design.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nationality did Esther see in her mother's features?
2. Who raced after the truck that took Esther, her parents, and grandparents to the train?
3. What didn't Esther water at the beginning of Chapter 1?
4. What bird did Esther see as she and her grandmother began their walk to the village?
5. How many Russian soldiers brought Esther's father to the house with his hands tied behind his back?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)