|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of hat did Grandmother Anna wear on the train?
(a) Turban cloche.
(b) Tilt straw hat.
(c) Pillbox with feathers.
(d) Garbo slouch hat.
2. What did some of the native Siberian men drink?
3. What time were the prisoners forced to get up their first morning at the gypsum mines?
(a) 6:30 a.m.
(b) 6 a.m.
(c) 5:30 a.m.
(d) 5 a.m.
4. What day of the week did Esther have piano lessons?
5. How far was the gypsum mine from the village?
(a) 8 kilometers.
(b) 11 kilometers.
(c) 12 kilometers.
(d) 5 kilometers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color gloves did Grandmother Anna wear on the train?
2. What was the name of Esther's governess?
3. How fast was the train traveling that Esther and her family were on?
4. How many Russian soldiers brought Esther's father to the house with his hands tied behind his back?
5. What year was it in Chapter 1?
This section contains 157 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)