1. What didn't Esther water at the beginning of Chapter 1?
(c) Spirea bush.
(d) Lilac bush.
2. What year was it in Chapter 1?
3. How old was Esther at the beginning of the book?
4. What color roof was on Esther's house?
5. How many separate apartments were in Esther's house?
6. What was the name of Esther's governess?
(a) Miss Agnus.
(b) Miss Bertha.
(c) Miss Rachel.
(d) Miss Rebecca.
7. What was the name of the hill where Esther liked to go to look down on her hometown?
(a) Towering Hill.
(b) Castle Hill.
(c) Climbing Hill.
(d) Tournament Hill.
8. What river ran through the town where Esther lived?
9. What day of the week did Esther have piano lessons?
10. When did Hitler's armies march on Poland?
11. When did the Russians occupy Vilna?
12. What color curtains did Esther have in her bedroom in Chapter 1?
(b) Blue and white.
(d) Pink and white.
This section contains 2,892 words
(approx. 10 pages at 300 words per page)