• Esther was ten years old the morning Russian soldiers came for her and her family.
• Before the Russians arrived, Esther had to run and take a matchbox of her mother's jewelry to her grandmother.
• When Esther returned, he Russians were at the door with her father who was still dressed in his pajamas.
• The Russians ordered Esther and her family to sit on the floor.
• The Russians read the charges against the family and denounced them as capitalists.
• Esther and her parents were told to pack.
• Esther didn't know what to pack, and she attempted to take a little bit of everything including family photo albums.
• Her mother refused to let her take the albums and she helped Esther finish packing.
• After packing, Esther and her parents were loaded onto a truck.
• As they drove off, Esther could her her maternal grandmother calling after them.
• Her paternal...
This section contains 3,407 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)