|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Goolrick note men and women had in his childhood?
(a) Cocktails and music.
(b) Drugs and rock and roll.
(c) Cocktails and hairdos.
(d) Hairdos and nice clothing.
2. How long did Goolrick spend high, having random anonymous sexual encounters before he was suicidal?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Three years.
(c) Six months.
(d) Five years.
3. What did Goolrick find had infested his parents' home when he visited his father?
4. What caused Goolrick to end his relationship with his male lover?
(a) He was not gay.
(b) He was an alcoholic.
(c) He was dragged into his lover's divorce.
(d) He was violent.
5. What is wrong with Aunt Dodo?
(a) She is paralyzed.
(b) She is mentally handicapped.
(c) She is deaf.
(d) She is blind.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Goolrick do on his thirty-fifth birthday?
2. How did Goolrick and his brother and sister know about the cocktail parties?
3. What does Judy collect?
4. Who saves Goolrick's life by calling him one night, unexpectedly?
5. What does Teddy call to inform the family about?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the environment Goolrick experienced as a child.
2. Describe the game Goolrick and his brother used to play as children, and the consequences.
3. Explain why Goolrick's sister-in-law claims to hate him.
4. Explain how the patients beat the addicts in volleyball.
5. Describe the area where Mother and Father are buried.
6. Describe details about the mental hospital.
7. Explain who Sam Weller is, and what happens to him.
8. Describe the event with mother's blue and green striped dress.
9. Describe the circumstances that led to brother's CAT scan which revealed the aneurysm.
10. Explain why Goolrick is somewhat of a star in the hospital.
This section contains 931 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)