|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ruined mother's blue and green striped dress?
(a) A stain.
(b) A tear.
(d) A cigarette burn.
2. What does the family pretend Mother is dying from, to avoid reality?
(a) Heart failure.
(b) Breast cancer.
(c) Colon cancer.
(d) Stomach ulcers.
3. What does Goolrick begin to carry with him?
(a) A razor blade.
(b) His medical card.
(c) A picture of his daughter.
(d) A comb.
4. What did Miss Nell do for herself each morning when she woke?
(a) She did her nails.
(b) Made herself a strong martini.
(c) Made herself breakfast in bed.
(d) She had her hair done.
5. What does Goolrick believe decides human emotion?
(b) Personal choice.
(c) Human reactions to pain.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Goolrick's brother when he had an aneurysm?
2. Why does Goolrick fly first class to see his brother?
3. How long did Goolrick spend high, having random anonymous sexual encounters before he was suicidal?
4. How long does Goolrick spend in the hospital?
5. What is the last contact Goolrick has with Dodo?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain why Goolrick's parents were so angry with him for writing his first book.
2. Why did Goolrick write "The End of the World As We Know It"?
3. Describe the dinner at Judy Judy's, including her collection, and the food, as well as the people attending.
4. Explain what happened when Goolrick was a boy, when he was invited to a sleep over at the McClouds.
5. Explain that pageants of Mrs. Lackman's classes.
6. Explain what happened the morning after Goolrick was molested.
7. Describe the creek and explain why it is "violently sexy".
8. Explain what happens when Goolrick runs into the boys from school.
9. Explain why Goolrick's sister-in-law claims to hate him.
10. Explain the title of this chapter, "Such Charming Hands."
This section contains 1,060 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)