|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What disease does Goolrick's mother have?
(a) Lyme Disease.
(c) Ulcerative Colitis.
2. What did this person say was the basis for the suicide attempt?
(a) The mediocrity of life.
(b) The death of his daughter.
(c) The suffering on the human spirit.
(d) The pain of divorce.
3. How does the other person try suicide?
(a) She tried to hang herself.
(b) She overdosed.
(c) He drove his car off a cliff.
(d) He slits his wrists and his throat.
4. What did the eighteen year old boy who lived in the neighborhood want that had belonged to Goolrick's father?
(a) His carport.
(b) His house.
(c) His dog.
(d) His bed.
5. What does Goolrick note about the young man in the glass room?
(a) He is talkative.
(b) He is violent.
(c) He is angry.
(d) He is deep in despair.
Short Answer Questions
1. What primary emotion does Goolrick find himself feeling following his father's death?
2. What ruined mother's blue and green striped dress?
3. What does Teddy call to inform the family about?
4. What does Goolrick do to steady his nerves that evening?
5. How did Goolrick and his brother and sister know about the cocktail parties?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how mother came to own a mink coat.
2. Explain why Goolrick's sister-in-law claims to hate him.
3. Describe details about the mental hospital.
4. Explain why Goolrick's parents were so angry with him for writing his first book.
5. Describe how Goolrick's friend attempted suicide.
6. Describe Goolrick's relationship with his male lover.
7. Explain who Sam Weller is, and what happens to him.
8. Describe the area where Mother and Father are buried.
9. Explain the situation when Teddy calls.
10. Describe Goolrick's parents as he describes them by the end of the chapter.
This section contains 909 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)