|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what is Goolrick addicted?
(a) Saline solution.
(b) Nasal spray.
(d) Cough syrup.
2. At what age did most people start smoking in Virginia, according to Goolrick?
3. How old was Goolrick's brother when he had an aneurysm?
4. Why did Goolrick like to go to the homes of other people?
(a) They had electricity.
(b) They had fancy cars.
(c) They had alcohol.
(d) They had televisions.
5. What therapy does the other person endure in the hospital?
(a) Shock therapy.
(b) Social therapy.
(c) Water therapy.
(d) Medicational therapy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dodo do that the other children cannot do?
2. To what does Goolrick compare his time at the hospital?
3. What caused Goolrick to cry at the hospital?
4. What was the result of their game?
5. How does the other person try suicide?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Goolrick's relationship with his female lover.
2. Describe the situation when Goolrick tried to help his mother with a wound on her elbow.
3. Describe Goolrick's state of mind at this point in the novel.
4. Describe the area where Mother and Father are buried.
5. Describe the dinner at Judy Judy's, including her collection, and the food, as well as the people attending.
6. Explain the young man who joins the ward while Goolrick is there.
7. Describe how brother comes out of the coma.
8. Describe how mother came to own a mink coat.
9. Describe the event with mother's blue and green striped dress.
10. Describe Goolrick's relationship with his male lover.
This section contains 984 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)