|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What medical situation is occurring with his brother's wife at the time of his illness?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) She has Fibromyalsia.
(c) She is dying of breast cancer.
(d) She is in labor.
2. What didn't anyone during Goolrick's childhood drink?
3. What did Goolrick's godfather's wife bring to the family following Father's death?
(a) A new car.
(d) A ham.
4. What does Goolrick note about the young man in the glass room?
(a) He is talkative.
(b) He is deep in despair.
(c) He is angry.
(d) He is violent.
5. What does Goolrick note men and women had in his childhood?
(a) Cocktails and hairdos.
(b) Drugs and rock and roll.
(c) Cocktails and music.
(d) Hairdos and nice clothing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dodo try to get Goolrick to do to her?
2. What does Mother need to stop doing in order to get well?
3. What does Goolrick do to steady his nerves that evening?
4. What caused Goolrick to end his relationship with his female lover?
5. What was one of the rules for Goolrick's mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the situation that led to Goolrick's cutting behaviors.
2. Explain why Goolrick is surprised at his emotions following his father's death.
3. Describe Goolrick's state of mind at this point in the novel.
4. Explain what Goolrick meant when he said "things took on a magical quality" (pg 104).
5. Describe how mother came to own a mink coat.
6. Describe the situation when Goolrick tried to help his mother with a wound on her elbow.
7. Describe the area where Mother and Father are buried.
8. Describe how Goolrick's friend attempted suicide.
9. Explain Goolrick's initial reaction to his friend's attempt, and his later reactions.
10. Describe Goolrick's relationship with his female lover.
This section contains 921 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)