|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ruined mother's blue and green striped dress?
(a) A tear.
(c) A stain.
(d) A cigarette burn.
2. What did the eighteen year old boy who lived in the neighborhood want that had belonged to Goolrick's father?
(a) His dog.
(b) His bed.
(c) His house.
(d) His carport.
3. What does Dodo do that the other children cannot do?
(b) Smokes and drinks.
4. What did mother make at the end of month when they were short on money?
(a) Cabbage soup.
(b) Grilled cheese.
(c) Poached salmon.
(d) Welsh rarebit.
5. What did Goolrick purchase for his parents for which they never thanked him?
(b) A house.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the other person try suicide?
2. What did Goolrick's godfather's wife bring to the family following Father's death?
3. Why did Goolrick like to go to the homes of other people?
4. What does the green and blue dress symbolize to Goolrick?
5. What does Goolrick do every night when he returns to his apartment in New York?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the environment Goolrick experienced as a child.
2. Explain why Goolrick's parents were so angry with him for writing his first book.
3. Explain how the patients beat the addicts in volleyball.
4. Describe Goolrick's state of mind at this point in the novel.
5. Describe Goolrick's relationship with his female lover.
6. Describe Goolrick's parents as he describes them by the end of the chapter.
7. Describe Dodo.
8. Describe the area where Mother and Father are buried.
9. Describe mother's appearance.
10. Explain why Goolrick is somewhat of a star in the hospital.
This section contains 865 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)