|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Goolrick do that he can never forgive himself for when his mother dies?
(a) He has a fight with her as she is dying.
(b) He leaves her alone to die.
(c) He is drunk when she dies.
(d) He condemns her.
2. What does the other person's suicide attempt do for Goolrick?
(a) Makes him frightened of death.
(b) Makes him feel guilty for his desires.
(c) Opens the door for his own.
(d) Makes him jealous.
3. What kind of coat did mother have that she was proud of?
(a) A mink coat.
(b) A bear coat.
(c) A sable coat.
(d) A leather coat.
4. At what age did Goolrick begin having suicidal thoughts?
5. Why did brother's wife hate Goolrick?
(a) She felt he was a drunk.
(b) She felt he was cruel to her husband.
(c) She hated his drug use.
(d) She thought he flirted with her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did this person survive?
2. What singer did brother sing to Goolrick when he claimed he had broken his new stereo?
3. What did this person say was the basis for the suicide attempt?
4. How long does Goolrick spend in the hospital?
5. What does Goolrick note men and women had in his childhood?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe mother's appearance.
2. Describe Dodo.
3. Describe the situation when Goolrick tried to help his mother with a wound on her elbow.
4. Describe how Goolrick's friend attempted suicide.
5. Explain why Goolrick is somewhat of a star in the hospital.
6. Explain the situation that led to Goolrick's cutting behaviors.
7. Describe Goolrick's relationship with his female lover.
8. Explain how the patients beat the addicts in volleyball.
9. Describe the game Goolrick and his brother used to play as children, and the consequences.
10. Describe the event with mother's blue and green striped dress.
This section contains 976 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)