|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Goolrick do every night when he returns to his apartment in New York?
(a) Plays spades.
(b) Plays computer games.
(c) Plays gin.
(d) Plays solitaire.
2. What drug is Goolrick taking?
3. What seems surprising to Goolrick about the differences in human beings?
(a) They can be so mundane.
(b) They can be so cruel.
(c) They can be so similar.
(d) They can be so vastly different.
4. What does Goolrick believe decides human emotion?
(a) Personal choice.
(d) Human reactions to pain.
5. What was mother's table always covered in?
(b) A layer of powder.
(d) Alcohol bottles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of coat did mother have that she was proud of?
2. What does Judy collect?
3. Why does Goolrick fly first class to see his brother?
4. How does she suggest they win at the game against the other patients?
5. What does brother ask about when he finally wakes from his coma?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain why Goolrick's sister-in-law claims to hate him.
2. Explain what Goolrick meant when he said "things took on a magical quality" (pg 104).
3. Explain the situation that led to Goolrick's cutting behaviors.
4. Describe the dinner at Judy Judy's, including her collection, and the food, as well as the people attending.
5. Describe the event with mother's blue and green striped dress.
6. Describe the situation when Goolrick tried to help his mother with a wound on her elbow.
7. Explain what Goolrick means when he talks about the mystery of how most people carry on.
8. Explain how Mother died and Goolrick's actions at the time of her death.
9. Explain why Goolrick is somewhat of a star in the hospital.
10. Describe Dodo.
This section contains 996 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)