|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Goolrick's parents bring with them when they came down for brother's surgery?
2. What drug is Goolrick taking?
3. What is wrong with Aunt Dodo?
(a) She is deaf.
(b) She is paralyzed.
(c) She is blind.
(d) She is mentally handicapped.
4. How long does Goolrick spend in the hospital?
(a) Eight weeks.
(b) Twelve weeks.
(c) Six months.
(d) Three weeks.
5. What primary emotion does Goolrick find himself feeling following his father's death?
Short Answer Questions
1. What didn't anyone during Goolrick's childhood drink?
2. To what does Goolrick compare his time at the hospital?
3. Why is Goolrick a star in the hospital?
4. What was mother known for?
5. Why did brother's wife hate Goolrick?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain who Sam Weller is, and what happens to him.
2. Explain how Mother died and Goolrick's actions at the time of her death.
3. Describe Goolrick's relationship with his male lover.
4. Describe the dinner at Judy Judy's, including her collection, and the food, as well as the people attending.
5. Describe mother's appearance.
6. Describe Goolrick's parents as he describes them by the end of the chapter.
7. Explain what Goolrick meant when he said "things took on a magical quality" (pg 104).
8. Describe the event with mother's blue and green striped dress.
9. Explain what Goolrick means when he talks about the mystery of how most people carry on.
10. Describe the game Goolrick and his brother used to play as children, and the consequences.
This section contains 931 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)