|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Goolrick's brother when he had an aneurysm?
2. What did Goolrick purchase for his parents for which they never thanked him?
(a) A house.
3. What did mother make at the end of month when they were short on money?
(a) Grilled cheese.
(b) Poached salmon.
(c) Welsh rarebit.
(d) Cabbage soup.
4. What happened often to the boys when they played a game down by the river with rocks?
(a) They would die.
(b) They would accidentally drop rocks on their heads.
(c) They would be tattled on by the girls.
(d) They would be arrested.
5. Why did brother's wife hate Goolrick?
(a) She thought he flirted with her.
(b) She hated his drug use.
(c) She felt he was a drunk.
(d) She felt he was cruel to her husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. For how long did Goolrick's peaceful relationship with his sister-in-law last?
2. What disease does Goolrick's mother have?
3. What was the result of their game?
4. What does Dodo do that the other children cannot do?
5. What did Miss Nell do for herself each morning when she woke?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain what Goolrick means by calling his brother "a sly one" (pg. 124).
2. Describe how mother came to own a mink coat.
3. Describe what happened when Goolrick's brother refused to eat when they were children.
4. What does Goolrick mean when he says he has spent his life looking for the thing that will make him into whom he wants to be?
5. Explain what happens when Goolrick runs into the boys from school.
6. Explain what happens when Goolrick tells his mother about the blood when he goes to the bathroom.
7. Describe the creek and explain why it is "violently sexy".
8. Explain how Goolrick and his siblings coerce their mother into buying things, and how they pay for it.
9. Explain why Goolrick keeps his mother's necklace.
10. What does Goolrick make clear in this chapter about his grandmother?
This section contains 976 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)