Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the psychiatrist in the hospital?
(a) She is suicidal.
(b) She is an addict.
(c) She is a doctor.
(d) She is violent.
2. What did Goolrick's godfather's wife bring to the family following Father's death?
(a) A new car.
(b) A ham.
3. Why did this person survive?
(a) The air conditioning in the room was high enough to slow heartbeat.
(b) The car died before it reached the cliff.
(c) The air conditioning in the room was high enough to congeal the blood.
(d) The air conditioning in the room was high enough to slow breathing.
4. What are the two wings in the insane asylum?
(a) The medical staff and the insane.
(b) The drunks and the drug addicts.
(c) The depressed and the hyper.
(d) The addicts and the insane.
5. To what does Goolrick compare his time at the hospital?
(b) The first few weeks of college.
(c) The first weeks of grade school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the family pretend Mother is dying from, to avoid reality?
2. What singer did brother sing to Goolrick when he claimed he had broken his new stereo?
3. What does Goolrick do the morning of the funeral?
4. What was one of the rules for Goolrick's mother?
5. What did Miss Nell do for herself each morning when she woke?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the area where Mother and Father are buried.
2. Describe Goolrick's reply to George's threat.
3. Describe Goolrick's relationship with his male lover.
4. Describe the creek and explain why it is "violently sexy".
5. Explain the situation when Teddy calls.
6. Explain Goolrick's story of his "real" parents.
7. Explain what happened the morning after Goolrick was molested.
8. Explain how Goolrick and his siblings coerce their mother into buying things, and how they pay for it.
9. Describe what happened when Goolrick's brother refused to eat when they were children.
10. Explain what Goolrick meant when he said "things took on a magical quality" (pg 104).
This section contains 1,055 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)