|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Goolrick suffer from?
2. What did Miss Nell do for herself each morning when she woke?
(a) Made herself breakfast in bed.
(b) Made herself a strong martini.
(c) She had her hair done.
(d) She did her nails.
3. For how long did Goolrick's peaceful relationship with his sister-in-law last?
(a) Six months.
(b) Their lifetime.
(c) Two years.
(d) Ten years.
4. What does Goolrick do instead of suicide?
(a) He begins to weep.
(b) He enters a mental institution.
(c) He begins to knit.
(d) He begins to cut himself.
5. Where did Goolrick meet the male lover he discusses in "Summer of our Suicides"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was mother known for?
2. What does Goolrick do to steady his nerves that evening?
3. Why did Goolrick like to go to the homes of other people?
4. What does the family pretend Mother is dying from, to avoid reality?
5. What did Goolrick purchase for his parents for which they never thanked him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the situation when Teddy calls.
2. Explain how the patients beat the addicts in volleyball.
3. Describe Dodo.
4. Describe how brother comes out of the coma.
5. Explain who Sam Weller is, and what happens to him.
6. Explain why Goolrick is somewhat of a star in the hospital.
7. Describe the area where Mother and Father are buried.
8. Describe the dinner at Judy Judy's, including her collection, and the food, as well as the people attending.
9. Describe details about the mental hospital.
10. Explain what Goolrick means when he talks about the mystery of how most people carry on.
This section contains 936 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)