|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the other person's suicide attempt do for Goolrick?
(a) Makes him jealous.
(b) Makes him frightened of death.
(c) Makes him feel guilty for his desires.
(d) Opens the door for his own.
2. What does Goolrick note about people in comas?
(a) They are not attractive.
(b) They are attractive.
(c) They talk a lot.
(d) They look like they are sleeping.
3. What was mother's table always covered in?
(c) Alcohol bottles.
(d) A layer of powder.
4. What medical situation is occurring with his brother's wife at the time of his illness?
(a) She is dying of breast cancer.
(b) She is in labor.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) She has Fibromyalsia.
5. Why did this person survive?
(a) The air conditioning in the room was high enough to congeal the blood.
(b) The air conditioning in the room was high enough to slow heartbeat.
(c) The air conditioning in the room was high enough to slow breathing.
(d) The car died before it reached the cliff.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Goolrick's godfather's wife bring to the family following Father's death?
2. What happens when Goolrick's left arm is too damaged to cut?
3. What does Goolrick begin to carry with him?
4. What does Judy collect?
5. To what does Goolrick compare his time at the hospital?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how the patients beat the addicts in volleyball.
2. Explain why Goolrick is somewhat of a star in the hospital.
3. Describe Goolrick's relationship with his male lover.
4. Explain the young man who joins the ward while Goolrick is there.
5. Explain the situation that led to Goolrick's cutting behaviors.
6. Describe details about the mental hospital.
7. Describe the area where Mother and Father are buried.
8. Explain why Goolrick's sister-in-law claims to hate him.
9. Describe the dinner at Judy Judy's, including her collection, and the food, as well as the people attending.
10. Explain the situation when Teddy calls.
This section contains 985 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)