|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dodo try to get Goolrick to do to her?
(a) Tie her up.
(b) Kiss her.
(c) Kill her.
(d) Make love to her.
2. Who else tried to commit suicide that Goolrick knew?
(a) His brother.
(b) His father.
(c) His wife.
(d) A bookie friend.
3. What does Goolrick admit those in the hospital still feel?
(a) A sense of competitiveness.
(b) A sense of dignity.
(c) A sense of anger.
(d) A sense of righteousness.
4. What did mother often eat for breakfast?
(b) Cottage cheese.
5. Who saves Goolrick's life by calling him one night, unexpectedly?
(a) His brother.
(b) His mother.
(c) The police.
(d) A psychotherapist friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Goolrick's godfather's wife bring to the family following Father's death?
2. What was mother known for?
3. For how long did Goolrick's peaceful relationship with his sister-in-law last?
4. What does Goolrick note about people in comas?
5. How old was Goolrick's brother when he had an aneurysm?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how Mother died and Goolrick's actions at the time of her death.
2. Describe how brother comes out of the coma.
3. Describe the dinner at Judy Judy's, including her collection, and the food, as well as the people attending.
4. Describe Goolrick's relationship with his female lover.
5. Explain the young man who joins the ward while Goolrick is there.
6. Describe Goolrick's relationship with his male lover.
7. Explain the situation that led to Goolrick's cutting behaviors.
8. Describe Goolrick's parents as he describes them by the end of the chapter.
9. Describe the game Goolrick and his brother used to play as children, and the consequences.
10. Describe Goolrick's state of mind at this point in the novel.
This section contains 915 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)