|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What game were the patients required to play each day?
2. What does the green and blue dress symbolize to Goolrick?
(a) The end of marriage.
(c) Lost perfection.
3. What did the eighteen year old boy who lived in the neighborhood want that had belonged to Goolrick's father?
(a) His dog.
(b) His carport.
(c) His house.
(d) His bed.
4. What did Goolrick's parents bring with them when they came down for brother's surgery?
5. Why does Goolrick fly first class to see his brother?
(a) He can receive free drinks.
(b) He is wealthy.
(c) He needs the extra room.
(d) He is fed a meal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dodo do that the other children cannot do?
2. At what age did most people start smoking in Virginia, according to Goolrick?
3. What happens when Goolrick's left arm is too damaged to cut?
4. What drug is Goolrick taking?
5. Why is Goolrick happy the door is always locked?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how the patients beat the addicts in volleyball.
2. Describe details about the mental hospital.
3. Describe the game Goolrick and his brother used to play as children, and the consequences.
4. Describe the environment Goolrick experienced as a child.
5. Explain what Goolrick meant when he said "things took on a magical quality" (pg 104).
6. Describe how mother came to own a mink coat.
7. Describe the area where Mother and Father are buried.
8. Explain who Sam Weller is, and what happens to him.
9. Describe Goolrick's parents as he describes them by the end of the chapter.
10. Explain why Goolrick is somewhat of a star in the hospital.
This section contains 858 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)