|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What drug is Goolrick taking?
2. What does Goolrick do the morning of the funeral?
(a) Digs his father's grave.
(b) Drives to a bar.
(c) Has a nervous breakdown.
(d) Calls a prostitute.
3. What does Dodo do that the other children cannot do?
(b) Smokes and drinks.
4. What caused Goolrick to end his relationship with his male lover?
(a) He was violent.
(b) He was dragged into his lover's divorce.
(c) He was not gay.
(d) He was an alcoholic.
5. What are the two wings in the insane asylum?
(a) The addicts and the insane.
(b) The medical staff and the insane.
(c) The drunks and the drug addicts.
(d) The depressed and the hyper.
Short Answer Questions
1. What could brother not figure out what to do with?
2. What does Teddy call to inform the family about?
3. What did the eighteen year old boy who lived in the neighborhood want that had belonged to Goolrick's father?
4. What therapy does the other person endure in the hospital?
5. What does Goolrick note about people in comas?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain what happened when Goolrick was a boy, when he was invited to a sleep over at the McClouds.
2. Describe why Goolrick was compelled to masturbate, in terms of how it made him feel and how it allowed him to escape.
3. Describe the creek and explain why it is "violently sexy".
4. Explain what Goolrick means by calling his brother "a sly one" (pg. 124).
5. Describe how brother comes out of the coma.
6. Explain that pageants of Mrs. Lackman's classes.
7. Explain Goolrick's story of his "real" parents.
8. Explain what happened the morning after Goolrick was molested.
9. Describe Goolrick's reply to George's threat.
10. Explain how cream was used to make butter in the classroom.
This section contains 1,039 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)