|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What could brother not figure out what to do with?
(a) His pen.
(b) His shoe.
(c) His glasses.
(d) His shirt.
2. What did Goolrick read to his brother's wife in the church?
(c) Newspaper articles.
(d) The Bible.
3. What was mother known for?
(a) Her smile.
(b) Her artistic ability.
(c) Her wit.
(d) Her kindness.
4. What does Dodo try to get Goolrick to do to her?
(a) Kill her.
(b) Kiss her.
(c) Tie her up.
(d) Make love to her.
5. Where did Goolrick meet the male lover he discusses in "Summer of our Suicides"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Goolrick believe decides human emotion?
2. What is wrong with Aunt Dodo?
3. Why is Goolrick happy the door is always locked?
4. What does Goolrick do in the early morning the day following his mother's death?
5. How old was Goolrick's brother when he had an aneurysm?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Goolrick's parents as he describes them by the end of the chapter.
2. Describe the game Goolrick and his brother used to play as children, and the consequences.
3. Describe the environment Goolrick experienced as a child.
4. Explain the situation that led to Goolrick's cutting behaviors.
5. Describe how brother comes out of the coma.
6. Describe the circumstances that led to brother's CAT scan which revealed the aneurysm.
7. Explain why Goolrick's sister-in-law claims to hate him.
8. Explain Goolrick's initial reaction to his friend's attempt, and his later reactions.
9. Explain why Goolrick is somewhat of a star in the hospital.
10. Describe mother's appearance.
This section contains 898 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)