|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What medical situation is occurring with his brother's wife at the time of his illness?
(a) She has Fibromyalsia.
(b) She is dying of breast cancer.
(c) She is in labor.
(d) She is pregnant.
2. At what age did Goolrick begin having suicidal thoughts?
3. To what does Goolrick compare his time at the hospital?
(c) The first weeks of grade school.
(d) The first few weeks of college.
4. What does Goolrick admit his mother never showed him?
5. What was mother known for?
(a) Her kindness.
(b) Her artistic ability.
(c) Her smile.
(d) Her wit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Goolrick's godfather's wife bring to the family following Father's death?
2. Why is Goolrick a star in the hospital?
3. For how long did Goolrick's peaceful relationship with his sister-in-law last?
4. What caused Goolrick to cry at the hospital?
5. Where did Goolrick's brother serve when he was in the military?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the situation that led to Goolrick's cutting behaviors.
2. Describe the game Goolrick and his brother used to play as children, and the consequences.
3. Describe the dinner at Judy Judy's, including her collection, and the food, as well as the people attending.
4. Explain what Goolrick means when he talks about the mystery of how most people carry on.
5. Explain why Goolrick is surprised at his emotions following his father's death.
6. Explain the young man who joins the ward while Goolrick is there.
7. Describe Goolrick's parents as he describes them by the end of the chapter.
8. Describe how Goolrick's friend attempted suicide.
9. Explain why Goolrick is somewhat of a star in the hospital.
10. Describe Goolrick's relationship with his female lover.
This section contains 909 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)