|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Goolrick note men and women had in his childhood?
(a) Cocktails and hairdos.
(b) Drugs and rock and roll.
(c) Cocktails and music.
(d) Hairdos and nice clothing.
2. What does the psychiatrist say about addicts?
(a) They are lonely.
(b) They are not intelligent.
(c) They have no sense of limits.
(d) They are in misery.
3. At what age did Goolrick begin having suicidal thoughts?
4. What does Judy collect?
5. What does Goolrick suffer from?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Goolrick note about people in comas?
2. What did mother often eat for breakfast?
3. What does Goolrick note about the young man in the glass room?
4. What does Goolrick admit those in the hospital still feel?
5. What caused Goolrick to end his relationship with his male lover?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the game Goolrick and his brother used to play as children, and the consequences.
2. Describe Dodo.
3. Describe Goolrick's relationship with his female lover.
4. Describe how brother comes out of the coma.
5. Describe the area where Mother and Father are buried.
6. Describe how mother came to own a mink coat.
7. Describe Goolrick's parents as he describes them by the end of the chapter.
8. Explain why Goolrick is surprised at his emotions following his father's death.
9. Describe details about the mental hospital.
10. Describe the environment Goolrick experienced as a child.
This section contains 876 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)