|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dodo do that the other children cannot do?
(c) Smokes and drinks.
2. To what does Goolrick compare his time at the hospital?
(b) The first weeks of grade school.
(d) The first few weeks of college.
3. Why did brother's wife hate Goolrick?
(a) She felt he was a drunk.
(b) She hated his drug use.
(c) She felt he was cruel to her husband.
(d) She thought he flirted with her.
4. What did Goolrick's godfather's wife bring to the family following Father's death?
(a) A ham.
(b) A new car.
5. What does Goolrick begin to carry with him?
(a) His medical card.
(b) A comb.
(c) A picture of his daughter.
(d) A razor blade.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of coat did mother have that she was proud of?
2. What did each person have to do each morning in the hospital?
3. How did Goolrick and his brother and sister know about the cocktail parties?
4. At what age did Goolrick begin having suicidal thoughts?
5. What does Goolrick do instead of suicide?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the situation that led to Goolrick's cutting behaviors.
2. Describe Goolrick's parents as he describes them by the end of the chapter.
3. Describe Goolrick's relationship with his male lover.
4. Describe details about the mental hospital.
5. Describe Goolrick's state of mind at this point in the novel.
6. Explain why Goolrick is somewhat of a star in the hospital.
7. Describe the area where Mother and Father are buried.
8. Explain how Mother died and Goolrick's actions at the time of her death.
9. Describe the circumstances that led to brother's CAT scan which revealed the aneurysm.
10. Describe how mother came to own a mink coat.
This section contains 887 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)