|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Goolrick and his brother and sister know about the cocktail parties?
(a) They were usually working the party.
(b) They were told by their parents.
(c) They were often spying.
(d) They were told by their friends.
2. How many hands are in Goolrick's hallucination about suicide?
3. For how long did Goolrick's peaceful relationship with his sister-in-law last?
(a) Their lifetime.
(b) Two years.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Six months.
4. What did Goolrick find had infested his parents' home when he visited his father?
5. What did Goolrick's godfather's wife bring to the family following Father's death?
(b) A ham.
(c) A new car.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the result of their game?
2. Why does Goolrick fly first class to see his brother?
3. Who saves Goolrick's life by calling him one night, unexpectedly?
4. What caused Goolrick to end his relationship with his male lover?
5. Why did brother's wife hate Goolrick?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how mother came to own a mink coat.
2. Describe Goolrick's relationship with his male lover.
3. Explain how Mother died and Goolrick's actions at the time of her death.
4. Explain what Goolrick meant when he said "things took on a magical quality" (pg 104).
5. Describe the event with mother's blue and green striped dress.
6. Describe the circumstances that led to brother's CAT scan which revealed the aneurysm.
7. Describe Goolrick's state of mind at this point in the novel.
8. Explain how the patients beat the addicts in volleyball.
9. Describe how brother comes out of the coma.
10. Explain the situation that led to Goolrick's cutting behaviors.
This section contains 980 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)