|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Goolrick's brother claim to do in one day?
(a) Learn to read.
(b) Learn to add.
(c) Learn all the state capitals.
(d) Learn to subtract.
2. What did the children do with the jars of cream?
(a) Open them.
(b) Seal them.
(c) Freeze them.
(d) Shake them.
3. What can Goolrick smell in George's shirt?
(d) Wood smoke.
4. What does Goolrick think was the ultimate goal of Butter Day?
(a) For the children to learn.
(b) For the store to sell cream.
(c) For Mrs. Lackman to receive free butter.
(d) For the children to have a day off.
5. What does Roy practice on Goolrick?
6. Why was town an exciting place?
(a) It was a big city.
(b) There were lots of drug addicts.
(c) There were often fights.
(d) There were other people.
7. When does Goolrick first fall in love?
(a) He is an adult.
(b) He is a senior in high school.
(c) He is in college.
(d) He is thirteen.
8. What costume did Goolrick and his brother love as children?
(a) Jester costumes.
(b) Angel costumes.
(c) Cowboy costumes.
(d) Indian costumes.
9. What did the young man eventually become in life?
(a) A felon.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A judge.
(d) A teacher.
10. How did Goolrick's mother use to pay for movies?
(a) She would sell poems.
(b) She would ask her husband for money.
(c) She would charge it.
(d) She would sell drugs.
11. When Goolrick was hospitalized, what did his aunt think caused his breakdown?
(a) His addiction.
(b) His mother's breast cancer.
(c) His car accident.
(d) His breakup with his lover.
12. How old was Goolrick when he was molested?
13. What excuse did the Goolrick children use to convince their parents to buy them things?
(a) They threatened to run away.
(b) They said they wanted it.
(c) They said their friends had it.
(d) They said they needed it for school.
14. Whom does Goolrick tell the following morning?
(a) His aunt.
(b) His mother.
(c) His grandmother.
(d) His father.
15. What does Goolrick smell on the man?
(a) Cigar smoke.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Goolrick's parents never buy for him?
2. What did Goolrick think the man was doing at first?
3. What does George threaten to do?
4. What does Goolrick note about celebrities?
5. What feature of Father do many notice?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)