|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Elizabeth Taylor say about her eyes?
(a) They were just gray.
(b) They were black.
(c) They were lavender.
(d) They were just green.
2. What word do the Goolrick's use instead of fabrics?
3. What does Mrs. Lackman do to the young man who accidentally wets himself?
(a) Changes him.
(b) Ridicules him.
(c) Allows him to go home.
(d) Forces him to strip in front of other children.
4. What did George accuse Goolrick of saying?
(a) Crude comments about his girlfriend.
(b) Crude comments about his mother.
(c) Mean comments against his sister.
(d) Crude comments against another boy.
5. Whom does Goolrick meet on his way into town?
(a) His sister.
(b) His brother.
(c) Boys from school.
(d) His mother.
6. What did Goolrick's father do in one of the pageants?
(a) He was a soldier.
(b) He was a president.
(c) He was the flag.
(d) He was Martha Washington.
7. What does Goolrick watch by the river that excites him?
(a) A woman being raped.
(b) Several people having sex with one another.
(c) A couple having sex.
(d) A young man masturbating.
8. What did Goolrick do in both his grandmother's houses?
(a) Stole money from drawers.
(b) Peed on the carpet.
(c) Set the curtains on fire.
(d) Killed the cat.
9. What feature of Father do many notice?
(a) His lips.
(b) His body.
(c) His eyes.
(d) His hands.
10. What does Goolrick do with the girl next door?
(a) Ties her up.
(b) Has sex.
(c) Tries to molest her.
(d) Kisses her.
11. Why did the McClouds throw Goolrick out?
(a) He was drunk.
(b) He was gay.
(c) He did drugs.
(d) His family thought they were better than everyone.
12. What does Goolrick grow to despise?
(a) The smell of burning hair.
(b) The casual touch of strangers.
(c) The touch of loved ones.
(d) The taste of bourbon.
13. What does mother threaten to do?
(a) Tell his father.
(b) Call the police and institutionalize Goolrick.
(c) Kill his lover.
(d) Throw him out.
14. What happened to Grandmother's Canton plates?
(a) Sister broke them as a child.
(b) Father broke them as a child.
(c) Brother broke them as a child.
(d) Mother broke them as a child.
15. What allowed the family to begin going to the beach for three weeks a year?
(a) A family inheritance.
(b) Mother's new job.
(c) Father's retirement.
(d) Father's new job.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Roy practice on Goolrick?
2. Who molested Goolrick?
3. What does Goolrick admit about his childhood?
4. What happened to the cream?
5. What did Goolrick's brother claim to do in one day?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)