|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many classes were taught at the school where Goolrick went to kindergarten?
2. What did the young man eventually become in life?
(a) A judge.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) A felon.
3. Whom does Goolrick tell the following morning?
(a) His aunt.
(b) His mother.
(c) His father.
(d) His grandmother.
4. What did Goolrick's father do in one of the pageants?
(a) He was the flag.
(b) He was a president.
(c) He was Martha Washington.
(d) He was a soldier.
5. Who woke to see the molestation?
(a) Goolrick's brother.
(b) Goolrick's grandmother.
(c) Goolrick's mother.
(d) Goolrick's father.
6. What are the Goolrick children not allowed to say, much less eat?
7. Who are Sonny and Blanche?
(a) Goolrick's in-laws.
(b) Goolrick's aunt and uncle.
(c) Goolrick's made up Jewish parents.
(d) Goolrick's parents.
8. What does George pull out from his pocket?
(a) A gun.
(b) A switchblade.
9. What does Goolrick say in response?
(a) "You won't do that"
(b) "I seriously doubt it"
(c) "I don't believe you"
(d) "Go away"
10. What did the children do with the jars of cream?
(a) Freeze them.
(b) Seal them.
(c) Shake them.
(d) Open them.
11. What did Goolrick do at age thirteen for a local paper?
(a) A photograph.
(b) A news story.
(c) A book review.
(d) An interview.
12. What does Goolrick begin to obsess about?
(a) His mental state.
(b) His friends.
(c) His finances.
(d) His health.
13. What did Elizabeth Taylor say about her eyes?
(a) They were black.
(b) They were just gray.
(c) They were lavender.
(d) They were just green.
14. What hors d'oeuvres did Goolrick make the adults?
(a) Cream cheese dip.
(b) Shrimp balls.
15. What does Goolrick think was the ultimate goal of Butter Day?
(a) For the children to learn.
(b) For the store to sell cream.
(c) For Mrs. Lackman to receive free butter.
(d) For the children to have a day off.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Goolrick do with the girl next door?
2. What does Roy practice on Goolrick?
3. What is the final question of the chapter?
4. Whom does Goolrick wonder about, in terms of how she went on making herself breakfast, even after she knew what happened?
5. What was Goolrick the first May Day play?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)