|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Goolrick suddenly hear as George is threatening him?
(a) His brother.
(b) His mother.
(c) The church bells.
(d) Girl scouts.
2. How did the family give others Christmas presents?
(a) They stole them.
(b) They had the children donate old items they no longer wanted.
(c) They bought them.
(d) They made them.
3. What does Mother say is wrong with Goolrick when he complains of blood in his stools?
(a) It was his fault for letting father molest him.
(b) It was something he ate.
(c) It was something he drank.
(d) It is the flu.
4. What did Goolrick do at age thirteen for a local paper?
(a) A book review.
(b) A photograph.
(c) A news story.
(d) An interview.
5. What happened to brother at college?
(a) He was valedictorian.
(b) He graduated.
(c) He was killed.
(d) He was kicked out.
6. What is wrong with Mrs. Lackman's son?
(a) He is bipolar.
(b) He is manic depressive.
(c) He is a sociopath.
(d) He is schizophrenic.
7. What does Goolrick do with the girl next door?
(a) Tries to molest her.
(b) Kisses her.
(c) Ties her up.
(d) Has sex.
8. What does Goolrick grow to despise?
(a) The smell of burning hair.
(b) The casual touch of strangers.
(c) The touch of loved ones.
(d) The taste of bourbon.
9. What did Goolrick do in both his grandmother's houses?
(a) Set the curtains on fire.
(b) Killed the cat.
(c) Stole money from drawers.
(d) Peed on the carpet.
10. Why did the McClouds throw Goolrick out?
(a) His family thought they were better than everyone.
(b) He was gay.
(c) He was drunk.
(d) He did drugs.
11. What did Elizabeth Taylor say about her eyes?
(a) They were just gray.
(b) They were black.
(c) They were lavender.
(d) They were just green.
12. How old was Goolrick when he was molested?
13. What word do the Goolrick's use instead of fabrics?
14. When Goolrick was hospitalized, what did his aunt think caused his breakdown?
(a) His breakup with his lover.
(b) His car accident.
(c) His addiction.
(d) His mother's breast cancer.
15. What did Goolrick fantasize about his parents?
(a) They were not his real parents.
(b) They would die.
(c) They were aliens.
(d) They kidnapped him as a child.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the students have to bring on Butter Day?
2. What did Goolrick's father do in one of the pageants?
3. Whom does Goolrick tell the following morning?
4. What is the final question of the chapter?
5. What happened to Grandmother's Canton plates?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)