|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many classes were taught at the school where Goolrick went to kindergarten?
2. What happened to brother at college?
(a) He was valedictorian.
(b) He was kicked out.
(c) He was killed.
(d) He graduated.
3. Whom does Goolrick wonder about, in terms of how she went on making herself breakfast, even after she knew what happened?
(a) His mother.
(b) His sister.
(c) His grandmother.
(d) His aunt.
4. What did Lackman bake for Butter Day?
5. What hors d'oeuvres did Goolrick make the adults?
(c) Cream cheese dip.
(d) Shrimp balls.
6. Whom does Goolrick meet on his way into town?
(a) His mother.
(b) Boys from school.
(c) His brother.
(d) His sister.
7. What did George accuse Goolrick of saying?
(a) Crude comments about his girlfriend.
(b) Crude comments against another boy.
(c) Mean comments against his sister.
(d) Crude comments about his mother.
8. What is the final question of the chapter?
(a) "What did they go on?"
(b) "How did they go on?"
(c) "How did I go on?"
(d) "Why did I go on?"
9. What did Goolrick fantasize about his parents?
(a) They were aliens.
(b) They were not his real parents.
(c) They kidnapped him as a child.
(d) They would die.
10. What is wrong with Mrs. Lackman's son?
(a) He is a sociopath.
(b) He is schizophrenic.
(c) He is bipolar.
(d) He is manic depressive.
11. What did Goolrick give a speech about at graduation?
(a) University life in the nineties.
(b) University life in the seventies.
(c) University life in the sixties.
(d) University life in the eighties.
12. What happened to Grandmother's Canton plates?
(a) Brother broke them as a child.
(b) Mother broke them as a child.
(c) Father broke them as a child.
(d) Sister broke them as a child.
13. What excuse did the Goolrick children use to convince their parents to buy them things?
(a) They said their friends had it.
(b) They said they needed it for school.
(c) They said they wanted it.
(d) They threatened to run away.
14. What does Mother say is wrong with Goolrick when he complains of blood in his stools?
(a) It was his fault for letting father molest him.
(b) It was something he drank.
(c) It is the flu.
(d) It was something he ate.
15. What did Elizabeth Taylor say about her eyes?
(a) They were just green.
(b) They were black.
(c) They were just gray.
(d) They were lavender.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who saved George's life that day?
2. What did Goolrick do at age thirteen for a local paper?
3. What did Goolrick think the man was doing at first?
4. What happened to the cream?
5. What was Goolrick the first May Day play?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)