|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Goolrick's father stop doing nearly entirely?
(a) Touching him.
(b) Speaking to him.
(c) Telling him he loved him.
(d) Having sex with his wife.
2. What did George accuse Goolrick of saying?
(a) Crude comments about his mother.
(b) Mean comments against his sister.
(c) Crude comments against another boy.
(d) Crude comments about his girlfriend.
3. What happened to brother at college?
(a) He was valedictorian.
(b) He graduated.
(c) He was kicked out.
(d) He was killed.
4. How long has Goolrick lived alone?
(b) Twenty five years.
(c) Sixty years.
(d) Five years.
5. What word do the Goolrick's use instead of fabrics?
6. Why is George Hazelwood the leader of the gang?
(a) He is fat.
(b) He is rich.
(c) He is intelligent.
(d) He is powerful.
7. Whom does Goolrick tell the following morning?
(a) His aunt.
(b) His grandmother.
(c) His father.
(d) His mother.
8. Who molested Goolrick?
(a) His uncle.
(b) His father.
(c) His grandfather.
(d) His brother.
9. What does Goolrick watch by the river that excites him?
(a) Several people having sex with one another.
(b) A woman being raped.
(c) A young man masturbating.
(d) A couple having sex.
10. What happened to Grandmother's Canton plates?
(a) Mother broke them as a child.
(b) Brother broke them as a child.
(c) Father broke them as a child.
(d) Sister broke them as a child.
11. Who saved George's life that day?
(a) Iona Freeland.
(b) Kathleen McKenna.
(c) Judy Garland.
(d) Jennifer Dench.
12. What feature of Father do many notice?
(a) His lips.
(b) His eyes.
(c) His body.
(d) His hands.
13. What allowed the family to begin going to the beach for three weeks a year?
(a) A family inheritance.
(b) Mother's new job.
(c) Father's new job.
(d) Father's retirement.
14. What is the final question of the chapter?
(a) "Why did I go on?"
(b) "How did I go on?"
(c) "How did they go on?"
(d) "What did they go on?"
15. What are the Goolrick children not allowed to say, much less eat?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Goolrick do with the girl next door?
2. What does Goolrick note about celebrities?
3. What did Goolrick's parents never buy for him?
4. Whom does Goolrick meet on his way into town?
5. What does Goolrick do to his sister's friend that causes him to orgasm?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)