|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Lackman do to the young man who accidentally wets himself?
(a) Ridicules him.
(b) Allows him to go home.
(c) Forces him to strip in front of other children.
(d) Changes him.
2. How did Goolrick's mother use to pay for movies?
(a) She would sell poems.
(b) She would sell drugs.
(c) She would ask her husband for money.
(d) She would charge it.
3. What did the children eat with the newly made butter?
(c) Fresh bread.
4. What did Mrs. Lackman bring for the young man the following day?
(b) A diaper.
(c) A high chair.
5. Who saved George's life that day?
(a) Kathleen McKenna.
(b) Jennifer Dench.
(c) Judy Garland.
(d) Iona Freeland.
6. What does Mother say is wrong with Goolrick when he complains of blood in his stools?
(a) It was his fault for letting father molest him.
(b) It is the flu.
(c) It was something he ate.
(d) It was something he drank.
7. What word do the Goolrick's use instead of fabrics?
8. What is the final question of the chapter?
(a) "How did I go on?"
(b) "What did they go on?"
(c) "Why did I go on?"
(d) "How did they go on?"
9. What does Goolrick grow to despise?
(a) The taste of bourbon.
(b) The smell of burning hair.
(c) The casual touch of strangers.
(d) The touch of loved ones.
10. Who molested Goolrick?
(a) His uncle.
(b) His father.
(c) His grandfather.
(d) His brother.
11. What did Goolrick give a speech about at graduation?
(a) University life in the nineties.
(b) University life in the seventies.
(c) University life in the eighties.
(d) University life in the sixties.
12. What does Goolrick admit about his childhood?
(a) He remembers little of it.
(b) He despised it.
(c) He remembers all of it.
(d) He loved it.
13. What does George pull out from his pocket?
(a) A gun.
(c) A switchblade.
14. What did brother want mother to say before he ate his dinner?
(a) "Eat your lunch cowboy."
(b) "Chief say eat."
(c) "Howdy stranger."
(d) "God commands you to eat."
15. What does Goolrick say in response?
(a) "I seriously doubt it"
(b) "You won't do that"
(c) "Go away"
(d) "I don't believe you"
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Goolrick think the man was doing at first?
2. What does George threaten to do?
3. What did Lackman bake for Butter Day?
4. What day was bridge day?
5. What does mother threaten to do?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)