|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Lackman do to the young man who accidentally wets himself?
(a) Ridicules him.
(b) Allows him to go home.
(c) Changes him.
(d) Forces him to strip in front of other children.
2. What did George accuse Goolrick of saying?
(a) Crude comments against another boy.
(b) Crude comments about his mother.
(c) Crude comments about his girlfriend.
(d) Mean comments against his sister.
3. What does Goolrick suddenly hear as George is threatening him?
(a) Girl scouts.
(b) His brother.
(c) The church bells.
(d) His mother.
4. Why did the McClouds throw Goolrick out?
(a) His family thought they were better than everyone.
(b) He did drugs.
(c) He was drunk.
(d) He was gay.
5. What does Goolrick watch by the river that excites him?
(a) A woman being raped.
(b) A young man masturbating.
(c) Several people having sex with one another.
(d) A couple having sex.
6. What are the Goolrick children not allowed to say, much less eat?
7. What did brother once stick in Goolrick's forehead?
(a) A knife.
(b) A tack.
(c) A nail.
(d) A pencil.
8. What allowed the family to begin going to the beach for three weeks a year?
(a) Father's new job.
(b) Father's retirement.
(c) Mother's new job.
(d) A family inheritance.
9. What does Mother do after Goolrick goes to college?
(a) Kills his lover.
(b) Betrays his lover.
(c) Befriends his lover.
(d) Tells his father he is gay.
10. What did Goolrick's father do in one of the pageants?
(a) He was the flag.
(b) He was a soldier.
(c) He was a president.
(d) He was Martha Washington.
11. What happened to the cream?
(a) It would separate.
(b) It would coagulate.
(c) It would spoil.
(d) It would melt.
12. What feature of Father do many notice?
(a) His lips.
(b) His hands.
(c) His body.
(d) His eyes.
13. What did the children do with the jars of cream?
(a) Open them.
(b) Freeze them.
(c) Seal them.
(d) Shake them.
14. When Goolrick was hospitalized, what did his aunt think caused his breakdown?
(a) His mother's breast cancer.
(b) His addiction.
(c) His breakup with his lover.
(d) His car accident.
15. Why is George Hazelwood the leader of the gang?
(a) He is powerful.
(b) He is intelligent.
(c) He is rich.
(d) He is fat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What costume did Goolrick and his brother love as children?
2. What did Lackman bake for Butter Day?
3. What does Goolrick do with the girl next door?
4. What hors d'oeuvres did Goolrick make the adults?
5. What does Goolrick begin to obsess about?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)