|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Lackman do to the young man who accidentally wets himself?
(a) Allows him to go home.
(b) Changes him.
(c) Ridicules him.
(d) Forces him to strip in front of other children.
2. What does Goolrick begin to obsess about?
(a) His friends.
(b) His mental state.
(c) His health.
(d) His finances.
3. What does Goolrick think was the ultimate goal of Butter Day?
(a) For the children to learn.
(b) For the children to have a day off.
(c) For Mrs. Lackman to receive free butter.
(d) For the store to sell cream.
4. What happened to the cream?
(a) It would coagulate.
(b) It would separate.
(c) It would spoil.
(d) It would melt.
5. For which holidays were pageants held?
(a) Easter and Christmas.
(b) Easter and May Day.
(c) Washington's Birthday and May Day.
(d) New Years and Valentine's Day.
6. What allowed the family to begin going to the beach for three weeks a year?
(a) Father's retirement.
(b) Mother's new job.
(c) Father's new job.
(d) A family inheritance.
7. What does Goolrick smell on the man?
(d) Cigar smoke.
8. How did Goolrick's mother use to pay for movies?
(a) She would ask her husband for money.
(b) She would sell drugs.
(c) She would sell poems.
(d) She would charge it.
9. What didn't Goolrick attend that most other children attended?
(a) Dance school.
(b) Military school.
(c) Boarding school.
10. What did the young man eventually become in life?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) A felon.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A judge.
11. What did Goolrick think the man was doing at first?
(a) Punishing him.
(c) Tickling him.
(d) Having a seizure.
12. What does Goolrick admit about his childhood?
(a) He remembers all of it.
(b) He despised it.
(c) He remembers little of it.
(d) He loved it.
13. What word do the Goolrick's use instead of fabrics?
14. What does Mother do after Goolrick goes to college?
(a) Tells his father he is gay.
(b) Kills his lover.
(c) Befriends his lover.
(d) Betrays his lover.
15. What does Goolrick suddenly hear as George is threatening him?
(a) The church bells.
(b) His mother.
(c) His brother.
(d) Girl scouts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Goolrick's father stop doing nearly entirely?
2. Who molested Goolrick?
3. What did Goolrick give a speech about at graduation?
4. What did the children eat with the newly made butter?
5. What did George accuse Goolrick of saying?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)