|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has Goolrick lived alone?
(a) Twenty five years.
(b) Sixty years.
(d) Five years.
2. Whom does Goolrick meet on his way into town?
(a) His sister.
(b) Boys from school.
(c) His brother.
(d) His mother.
3. What happened to the cream?
(a) It would melt.
(b) It would separate.
(c) It would spoil.
(d) It would coagulate.
4. What can Goolrick smell in George's shirt?
(a) Wood smoke.
5. How did Goolrick's mother use to pay for movies?
(a) She would charge it.
(b) She would sell poems.
(c) She would sell drugs.
(d) She would ask her husband for money.
6. What happened to brother at college?
(a) He was kicked out.
(b) He was killed.
(c) He graduated.
(d) He was valedictorian.
7. How does Goolrick get home that day?
(a) He rides his bike.
(b) He walks.
(c) He takes the bus.
(d) He calls his mother.
8. What allowed the family to begin going to the beach for three weeks a year?
(a) A family inheritance.
(b) Mother's new job.
(c) Father's new job.
(d) Father's retirement.
9. What did Lackman bake for Butter Day?
10. What did the young man eventually become in life?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) A judge.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A felon.
11. What does Mrs. Lackman do to the young man who accidentally wets himself?
(a) Changes him.
(b) Ridicules him.
(c) Forces him to strip in front of other children.
(d) Allows him to go home.
12. What does Mother say is wrong with Goolrick when he complains of blood in his stools?
(a) It was something he drank.
(b) It was something he ate.
(c) It was his fault for letting father molest him.
(d) It is the flu.
13. What word do the Goolrick's use instead of fabrics?
14. What did Goolrick fantasize about his parents?
(a) They would die.
(b) They kidnapped him as a child.
(c) They were aliens.
(d) They were not his real parents.
15. What did Goolrick's brother claim to do in one day?
(a) Learn to subtract.
(b) Learn all the state capitals.
(c) Learn to add.
(d) Learn to read.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the Goolrick children not allowed to say, much less eat?
2. What does Goolrick begin to obsess about?
3. What did Goolrick's father do in one of the pageants?
4. What costume did Goolrick and his brother love as children?
5. When does Goolrick first fall in love?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)