|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Goolrick's brother claim to do in one day?
(a) Learn all the state capitals.
(b) Learn to read.
(c) Learn to subtract.
(d) Learn to add.
2. What did Goolrick fantasize about his parents?
(a) They were aliens.
(b) They would die.
(c) They kidnapped him as a child.
(d) They were not his real parents.
3. What did the children do with the jars of cream?
(a) Freeze them.
(b) Open them.
(c) Seal them.
(d) Shake them.
4. What did Goolrick hope his new object would provide for him?
(d) A girlfriend.
5. Whom does Goolrick wonder about, in terms of how she went on making herself breakfast, even after she knew what happened?
(a) His mother.
(b) His sister.
(c) His aunt.
(d) His grandmother.
6. What can Goolrick smell in George's shirt?
(b) Wood smoke.
7. What happened to the cream?
(a) It would spoil.
(b) It would melt.
(c) It would separate.
(d) It would coagulate.
8. What did Lackman bake for Butter Day?
9. What did brother once stick in Goolrick's forehead?
(a) A pencil.
(b) A knife.
(c) A nail.
(d) A tack.
10. What does George threaten to do?
(a) Rape Goolrick's mother.
(b) Kill Goolrick's sister.
(c) Shoot Goolrick.
(d) Cut off Goolrick's ear.
11. Why was town an exciting place?
(a) There were other people.
(b) There were lots of drug addicts.
(c) There were often fights.
(d) It was a big city.
12. Why is George Hazelwood the leader of the gang?
(a) He is fat.
(b) He is intelligent.
(c) He is rich.
(d) He is powerful.
13. What is the final question of the chapter?
(a) "How did I go on?"
(b) "Why did I go on?"
(c) "How did they go on?"
(d) "What did they go on?"
14. What does mother threaten to do?
(a) Tell his father.
(b) Throw him out.
(c) Kill his lover.
(d) Call the police and institutionalize Goolrick.
15. What word do the Goolrick's use instead of fabrics?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Goolrick do in both his grandmother's houses?
2. For which holidays were pageants held?
3. What does Goolrick watch by the river that excites him?
4. What did Elizabeth Taylor say about her eyes?
5. How many classes were taught at the school where Goolrick went to kindergarten?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)