|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What feature of Father do many notice?
(a) His lips.
(b) His body.
(c) His hands.
(d) His eyes.
2. What excuse did the Goolrick children use to convince their parents to buy them things?
(a) They said their friends had it.
(b) They threatened to run away.
(c) They said they wanted it.
(d) They said they needed it for school.
3. Whom does Goolrick wonder about, in terms of how she went on making herself breakfast, even after she knew what happened?
(a) His grandmother.
(b) His aunt.
(c) His mother.
(d) His sister.
4. What does Goolrick think was the ultimate goal of Butter Day?
(a) For the children to have a day off.
(b) For the children to learn.
(c) For Mrs. Lackman to receive free butter.
(d) For the store to sell cream.
5. What are the Goolrick children not allowed to say, much less eat?
6. How long has Goolrick lived alone?
(a) Five years.
(b) Sixty years.
(c) Twenty five years.
7. What happened to Grandmother's Canton plates?
(a) Sister broke them as a child.
(b) Father broke them as a child.
(c) Mother broke them as a child.
(d) Brother broke them as a child.
8. What does Goolrick say in response?
(a) "You won't do that"
(b) "I don't believe you"
(c) "Go away"
(d) "I seriously doubt it"
9. How many classes were taught at the school where Goolrick went to kindergarten?
10. What does Goolrick begin to obsess about?
(a) His mental state.
(b) His friends.
(c) His health.
(d) His finances.
11. What did the children do with the jars of cream?
(a) Open them.
(b) Shake them.
(c) Seal them.
(d) Freeze them.
12. What does mother threaten to do?
(a) Throw him out.
(b) Kill his lover.
(c) Tell his father.
(d) Call the police and institutionalize Goolrick.
13. What did the students have to bring on Butter Day?
14. Who are Sonny and Blanche?
(a) Goolrick's in-laws.
(b) Goolrick's aunt and uncle.
(c) Goolrick's parents.
(d) Goolrick's made up Jewish parents.
15. For which holidays were pageants held?
(a) Easter and Christmas.
(b) Washington's Birthday and May Day.
(c) Easter and May Day.
(d) New Years and Valentine's Day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Roy practice on Goolrick?
2. What does Mother do after Goolrick goes to college?
3. What can Goolrick smell in George's shirt?
4. What happened to brother at college?
5. What did the young man eventually become in life?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)