|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Elizabeth Taylor say about her eyes?
(a) They were just green.
(b) They were lavender.
(c) They were just gray.
(d) They were black.
2. What did the young man eventually become in life?
(a) A felon.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A judge.
3. What did Goolrick think the man was doing at first?
(a) Tickling him.
(c) Having a seizure.
(d) Punishing him.
4. What did Goolrick's father do in one of the pageants?
(a) He was a soldier.
(b) He was Martha Washington.
(c) He was a president.
(d) He was the flag.
5. What does Mother do after Goolrick goes to college?
(a) Tells his father he is gay.
(b) Kills his lover.
(c) Betrays his lover.
(d) Befriends his lover.
6. Whom does Goolrick tell the following morning?
(a) His aunt.
(b) His father.
(c) His mother.
(d) His grandmother.
7. What can Goolrick smell in George's shirt?
(b) Wood smoke.
8. What does George pull out from his pocket?
(c) A switchblade.
(d) A gun.
9. What did brother want mother to say before he ate his dinner?
(a) "God commands you to eat."
(b) "Eat your lunch cowboy."
(c) "Howdy stranger."
(d) "Chief say eat."
10. What did Goolrick fantasize about his parents?
(a) They would die.
(b) They were aliens.
(c) They kidnapped him as a child.
(d) They were not his real parents.
11. How long has Goolrick lived alone?
(a) Sixty years.
(b) Twenty five years.
(d) Five years.
12. Whom does Goolrick meet on his way into town?
(a) Boys from school.
(b) His mother.
(c) His brother.
(d) His sister.
13. What is the final question of the chapter?
(a) "How did they go on?"
(b) "Why did I go on?"
(c) "How did I go on?"
(d) "What did they go on?"
14. What word do the Goolrick's use instead of fabrics?
15. What didn't Goolrick attend that most other children attended?
(b) Military school.
(c) Boarding school.
(d) Dance school.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Goolrick when he was molested?
2. What did the children do with the jars of cream?
3. What costume did Goolrick and his brother love as children?
4. What does Goolrick admit about his childhood?
5. What did the family do with letters to Santa?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)