|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was town an exciting place?
(a) It was a big city.
(b) There were lots of drug addicts.
(c) There were other people.
(d) There were often fights.
2. What does Mother say is wrong with Goolrick when he complains of blood in his stools?
(a) It was something he drank.
(b) It is the flu.
(c) It was something he ate.
(d) It was his fault for letting father molest him.
3. What does George threaten to do?
(a) Kill Goolrick's sister.
(b) Shoot Goolrick.
(c) Rape Goolrick's mother.
(d) Cut off Goolrick's ear.
4. Why is George Hazelwood the leader of the gang?
(a) He is powerful.
(b) He is fat.
(c) He is rich.
(d) He is intelligent.
5. What did Goolrick's father do in one of the pageants?
(a) He was a president.
(b) He was a soldier.
(c) He was the flag.
(d) He was Martha Washington.
6. What did Goolrick's father stop doing nearly entirely?
(a) Touching him.
(b) Having sex with his wife.
(c) Speaking to him.
(d) Telling him he loved him.
7. Why did the McClouds throw Goolrick out?
(a) His family thought they were better than everyone.
(b) He was drunk.
(c) He did drugs.
(d) He was gay.
8. What hors d'oeuvres did Goolrick make the adults?
(a) Cream cheese dip.
(b) Shrimp balls.
9. How did the family give others Christmas presents?
(a) They stole them.
(b) They had the children donate old items they no longer wanted.
(c) They bought them.
(d) They made them.
10. What did the family do with letters to Santa?
(a) Shredded them.
(b) Took them to school.
(c) Mailed them.
(d) Burned them.
11. What did Goolrick give a speech about at graduation?
(a) University life in the nineties.
(b) University life in the sixties.
(c) University life in the seventies.
(d) University life in the eighties.
12. How many classes were taught at the school where Goolrick went to kindergarten?
13. What does Roy practice on Goolrick?
14. How does Goolrick get home that day?
(a) He walks.
(b) He calls his mother.
(c) He rides his bike.
(d) He takes the bus.
15. What are the Goolrick children not allowed to say, much less eat?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Goolrick the first May Day play?
2. What did Goolrick do in both his grandmother's houses?
3. What is wrong with Mrs. Lackman's son?
4. What did Goolrick's parents never buy for him?
5. When does Goolrick first fall in love?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)