|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does George pull out from his pocket?
(a) A switchblade.
(d) A gun.
2. What feature of Father do many notice?
(a) His hands.
(b) His eyes.
(c) His lips.
(d) His body.
3. Why was town an exciting place?
(a) There were often fights.
(b) There were lots of drug addicts.
(c) It was a big city.
(d) There were other people.
4. What did brother once stick in Goolrick's forehead?
(a) A knife.
(b) A nail.
(c) A tack.
(d) A pencil.
5. What did Goolrick's grandfather do to earn a medal?
(a) Fought in the war.
(b) Saved a family from a burning building.
(c) Helped cure yellow fever.
(d) Died in the war.
6. What does Goolrick begin to obsess about?
(a) His finances.
(b) His friends.
(c) His mental state.
(d) His health.
7. Why did the McClouds throw Goolrick out?
(a) His family thought they were better than everyone.
(b) He was gay.
(c) He was drunk.
(d) He did drugs.
8. What did the children do with the jars of cream?
(a) Open them.
(b) Seal them.
(c) Shake them.
(d) Freeze them.
9. What did the students have to bring on Butter Day?
10. Who molested Goolrick?
(a) His brother.
(b) His father.
(c) His grandfather.
(d) His uncle.
11. What costume did Goolrick and his brother love as children?
(a) Cowboy costumes.
(b) Angel costumes.
(c) Jester costumes.
(d) Indian costumes.
12. What does Goolrick note about celebrities?
(a) They are kinder than most people.
(b) Their heads are bigger than those of normal people.
(c) They are smaller than most people.
(d) They are rude.
13. When does Goolrick first fall in love?
(a) He is a senior in high school.
(b) He is in college.
(c) He is an adult.
(d) He is thirteen.
14. What did Goolrick do in both his grandmother's houses?
(a) Killed the cat.
(b) Stole money from drawers.
(c) Peed on the carpet.
(d) Set the curtains on fire.
15. Whom does Goolrick tell the following morning?
(a) His father.
(b) His aunt.
(c) His mother.
(d) His grandmother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the family do with letters to Santa?
2. What did Goolrick's brother claim to do in one day?
3. Who woke to see the molestation?
4. What allowed the family to begin going to the beach for three weeks a year?
5. What did Goolrick think the man was doing at first?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)