|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What allowed the family to begin going to the beach for three weeks a year?
(a) Mother's new job.
(b) Father's new job.
(c) A family inheritance.
(d) Father's retirement.
2. What does Goolrick grow to despise?
(a) The taste of bourbon.
(b) The casual touch of strangers.
(c) The touch of loved ones.
(d) The smell of burning hair.
3. What did Goolrick do at age thirteen for a local paper?
(a) An interview.
(b) A book review.
(c) A photograph.
(d) A news story.
4. How long has Goolrick lived alone?
(b) Twenty five years.
(c) Five years.
(d) Sixty years.
5. When does Goolrick first fall in love?
(a) He is thirteen.
(b) He is an adult.
(c) He is in college.
(d) He is a senior in high school.
6. What didn't Goolrick attend that most other children attended?
(a) Boarding school.
(b) Dance school.
(c) Military school.
7. What did the students have to bring on Butter Day?
8. What does Goolrick do to his sister's friend that causes him to orgasm?
(a) Touches her finger.
(b) Makes love to her.
(c) Kisses her.
(d) Touches her breast.
9. Who are Sonny and Blanche?
(a) Goolrick's made up Jewish parents.
(b) Goolrick's in-laws.
(c) Goolrick's parents.
(d) Goolrick's aunt and uncle.
10. What did the children eat with the newly made butter?
(c) Fresh bread.
11. What is wrong with Mrs. Lackman's son?
(a) He is a sociopath.
(b) He is schizophrenic.
(c) He is manic depressive.
(d) He is bipolar.
12. What hors d'oeuvres did Goolrick make the adults?
(b) Cream cheese dip.
(d) Shrimp balls.
13. What happened to Grandmother's Canton plates?
(a) Brother broke them as a child.
(b) Sister broke them as a child.
(c) Mother broke them as a child.
(d) Father broke them as a child.
14. What can Goolrick smell in George's shirt?
(c) Wood smoke.
15. How did Goolrick's mother use to pay for movies?
(a) She would charge it.
(b) She would ask her husband for money.
(c) She would sell poems.
(d) She would sell drugs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Goolrick think the man was doing at first?
2. Who saved George's life that day?
3. What was Goolrick the first May Day play?
4. What does Goolrick watch by the river that excites him?
5. How does Goolrick get home that day?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)