|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Goolrick's father stop doing nearly entirely?
(a) Touching him.
(b) Having sex with his wife.
(c) Speaking to him.
(d) Telling him he loved him.
2. What does Mother say is wrong with Goolrick when he complains of blood in his stools?
(a) It was his fault for letting father molest him.
(b) It was something he drank.
(c) It was something he ate.
(d) It is the flu.
3. What can Goolrick smell in George's shirt?
(c) Wood smoke.
4. What allowed the family to begin going to the beach for three weeks a year?
(a) A family inheritance.
(b) Father's retirement.
(c) Father's new job.
(d) Mother's new job.
5. What did Goolrick fantasize about his parents?
(a) They were not his real parents.
(b) They were aliens.
(c) They would die.
(d) They kidnapped him as a child.
6. What happened to brother at college?
(a) He was killed.
(b) He was kicked out.
(c) He was valedictorian.
(d) He graduated.
7. What does George threaten to do?
(a) Rape Goolrick's mother.
(b) Cut off Goolrick's ear.
(c) Kill Goolrick's sister.
(d) Shoot Goolrick.
8. What did brother want mother to say before he ate his dinner?
(a) "Howdy stranger."
(b) "God commands you to eat."
(c) "Eat your lunch cowboy."
(d) "Chief say eat."
9. What did Lackman bake for Butter Day?
10. What day was bridge day?
11. What did Goolrick's grandfather do to earn a medal?
(a) Fought in the war.
(b) Saved a family from a burning building.
(c) Helped cure yellow fever.
(d) Died in the war.
12. What does Goolrick watch by the river that excites him?
(a) Several people having sex with one another.
(b) A woman being raped.
(c) A young man masturbating.
(d) A couple having sex.
13. Whom does Goolrick meet on his way into town?
(a) His sister.
(b) His mother.
(c) His brother.
(d) Boys from school.
14. Why did the McClouds throw Goolrick out?
(a) He was gay.
(b) He was drunk.
(c) He did drugs.
(d) His family thought they were better than everyone.
15. What does Goolrick admit about his childhood?
(a) He remembers all of it.
(b) He despised it.
(c) He remembers little of it.
(d) He loved it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Goolrick begin to obsess about?
2. What did Goolrick's father do in one of the pageants?
3. What happened to the cream?
4. What does Goolrick do to his sister's friend that causes him to orgasm?
5. What excuse did the Goolrick children use to convince their parents to buy them things?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)