|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Mrs. Lackman bring for the young man the following day?
(b) A diaper.
(c) A high chair.
2. What excuse did the Goolrick children use to convince their parents to buy them things?
(a) They said their friends had it.
(b) They said they needed it for school.
(c) They threatened to run away.
(d) They said they wanted it.
3. What hors d'oeuvres did Goolrick make the adults?
(c) Shrimp balls.
(d) Cream cheese dip.
4. What does Goolrick smell on the man?
(c) Cigar smoke.
5. What does Goolrick note about celebrities?
(a) Their heads are bigger than those of normal people.
(b) They are smaller than most people.
(c) They are kinder than most people.
(d) They are rude.
6. What did the students have to bring on Butter Day?
7. What does George threaten to do?
(a) Rape Goolrick's mother.
(b) Kill Goolrick's sister.
(c) Shoot Goolrick.
(d) Cut off Goolrick's ear.
8. When Goolrick was hospitalized, what did his aunt think caused his breakdown?
(a) His car accident.
(b) His mother's breast cancer.
(c) His addiction.
(d) His breakup with his lover.
9. What did the children do with the jars of cream?
(a) Shake them.
(b) Freeze them.
(c) Seal them.
(d) Open them.
10. What did Goolrick think the man was doing at first?
(a) Punishing him.
(b) Having a seizure.
(c) Tickling him.
11. What does Goolrick think was the ultimate goal of Butter Day?
(a) For the children to learn.
(b) For the children to have a day off.
(c) For the store to sell cream.
(d) For Mrs. Lackman to receive free butter.
12. How long has Goolrick lived alone?
(a) Sixty years.
(c) Five years.
(d) Twenty five years.
13. Why did the McClouds throw Goolrick out?
(a) He was drunk.
(b) His family thought they were better than everyone.
(c) He did drugs.
(d) He was gay.
14. What does Mother say is wrong with Goolrick when he complains of blood in his stools?
(a) It was his fault for letting father molest him.
(b) It was something he drank.
(c) It is the flu.
(d) It was something he ate.
15. What did Goolrick's parents never buy for him?
(a) A new suit.
(b) A car.
(c) A bicycle.
(d) A new pair of shoes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Goolrick do with the girl next door?
2. What happened to Grandmother's Canton plates?
3. What did Goolrick do in both his grandmother's houses?
4. What allowed the family to begin going to the beach for three weeks a year?
5. Who watches him do this to the girl next door?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)