|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was town an exciting place?
(a) It was a big city.
(b) There were other people.
(c) There were lots of drug addicts.
(d) There were often fights.
2. How long has Goolrick lived alone?
(b) Sixty years.
(c) Twenty five years.
(d) Five years.
3. Whom does Goolrick meet on his way into town?
(a) His mother.
(b) Boys from school.
(c) His sister.
(d) His brother.
4. What word do the Goolrick's use instead of fabrics?
5. What did the young man eventually become in life?
(a) A judge.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) A felon.
6. Why goes Goolrick call walking by the river "violently sexy" (pg. 135)?
(a) Everything by the river was erotic.
(b) The river was a flood zone.
(c) The river was dirty.
(d) The river was wavy.
7. What costume did Goolrick and his brother love as children?
(a) Angel costumes.
(b) Indian costumes.
(c) Jester costumes.
(d) Cowboy costumes.
8. What did Goolrick do at age thirteen for a local paper?
(a) A book review.
(b) An interview.
(c) A news story.
(d) A photograph.
9. What did Goolrick think the man was doing at first?
(a) Having a seizure.
(b) Tickling him.
(c) Punishing him.
10. What does Goolrick do to his sister's friend that causes him to orgasm?
(a) Touches her finger.
(b) Touches her breast.
(c) Makes love to her.
(d) Kisses her.
11. When does Goolrick first fall in love?
(a) He is in college.
(b) He is a senior in high school.
(c) He is an adult.
(d) He is thirteen.
12. How does Goolrick get home that day?
(a) He rides his bike.
(b) He calls his mother.
(c) He walks.
(d) He takes the bus.
13. What did Goolrick give a speech about at graduation?
(a) University life in the eighties.
(b) University life in the nineties.
(c) University life in the sixties.
(d) University life in the seventies.
14. What does Goolrick admit about his childhood?
(a) He loved it.
(b) He remembers little of it.
(c) He remembers all of it.
(d) He despised it.
15. Why did the McClouds throw Goolrick out?
(a) He did drugs.
(b) He was gay.
(c) He was drunk.
(d) His family thought they were better than everyone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What excuse did the Goolrick children use to convince their parents to buy them things?
2. What are the Goolrick children not allowed to say, much less eat?
3. What did Goolrick fantasize about his parents?
4. Who molested Goolrick?
5. Who watches him do this to the girl next door?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)