|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What didn't Goolrick attend that most other children attended?
(a) Dance school.
(b) Boarding school.
(c) Military school.
2. What did Goolrick give a speech about at graduation?
(a) University life in the eighties.
(b) University life in the nineties.
(c) University life in the seventies.
(d) University life in the sixties.
3. What costume did Goolrick and his brother love as children?
(a) Jester costumes.
(b) Angel costumes.
(c) Indian costumes.
(d) Cowboy costumes.
4. What happened to the cream?
(a) It would melt.
(b) It would coagulate.
(c) It would spoil.
(d) It would separate.
5. What does Goolrick suddenly hear as George is threatening him?
(a) The church bells.
(b) His brother.
(c) Girl scouts.
(d) His mother.
6. Who saved George's life that day?
(a) Judy Garland.
(b) Kathleen McKenna.
(c) Jennifer Dench.
(d) Iona Freeland.
7. What does Goolrick do with the girl next door?
(a) Ties her up.
(b) Has sex.
(c) Tries to molest her.
(d) Kisses her.
8. What does Goolrick admit about his childhood?
(a) He loved it.
(b) He remembers little of it.
(c) He despised it.
(d) He remembers all of it.
9. What did Goolrick's father stop doing nearly entirely?
(a) Touching him.
(b) Speaking to him.
(c) Telling him he loved him.
(d) Having sex with his wife.
10. What does Mother say is wrong with Goolrick when he complains of blood in his stools?
(a) It was something he drank.
(b) It was his fault for letting father molest him.
(c) It is the flu.
(d) It was something he ate.
11. What did Goolrick's parents never buy for him?
(a) A new suit.
(b) A car.
(c) A new pair of shoes.
(d) A bicycle.
12. Whom does Goolrick meet on his way into town?
(a) His sister.
(b) His mother.
(c) Boys from school.
(d) His brother.
13. What are the Goolrick children not allowed to say, much less eat?
14. What did Goolrick do at age thirteen for a local paper?
(a) An interview.
(b) A photograph.
(c) A book review.
(d) A news story.
15. What is wrong with Mrs. Lackman's son?
(a) He is schizophrenic.
(b) He is a sociopath.
(c) He is manic depressive.
(d) He is bipolar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was town an exciting place?
2. What does Goolrick grow to despise?
3. What does Goolrick watch by the river that excites him?
4. How does Goolrick get home that day?
5. When does Goolrick first fall in love?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)