|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Rose and Mr. Briggs do at the end of Chapter 17?
(a) Eat dinner.
(b) Share a kiss.
(c) Take a walk.
(d) Sit in front of the fire.
2. According to Mrs. Fisher's observations in Chapter 15, what has there been a lack of restraint with at the villa?
(a) The amount of money spent on liquor.
(b) The amount of money spent on nights out.
(c) The amount of money spent on clothes and souvenirs.
(d) The amount of money spent on food.
3. What is Lady Caroline concerned about in Chapter 10?
(a) What will happen to her when her beauty fades.
(b) How she will find happiness before it is too late.
(c) How she will cope with being away from her real life for so long.
(d) Whether or not the weather will remain on their side.
4. What does Mr. Briggs ask Lady Caroline when he follows her in Chapter 19?
(a) He wonders if they had met before.
(b) He asks her about her background.
(c) Whether she is involved with anyone at the moment.
(d) What part of the house she is staying in.
5. Where does Lady Caroline leave Ferdinand to wait for her return in Chapter 20?
(a) The garden.
(b) The drawing room.
(c) The library.
(d) The front foyer.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Mrs. Fisher, what are women not made for?
2. Why does Lady Caroline sneak out of the villa in Chapter 19?
3. According to Mrs. Wilkins, what will Mrs. Fisher do before long in Chapter 11?
4. What is Lady Caroline's nickname?
5. What does Lady Caroline note about Mr. Briggs behavior towards her when they first meet?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lady Caroline contemplate as Mrs. Fisher talks about her beauty in Chapter 10?
2. Is Mrs. Arbuthnot happy to see her husband at dinner or not? Does she believe he has responded to her letter?
3. How does Mrs. Fisher react when she finds Mrs. Wilkins and Mrs. Arbuthnot in her sitting area? Why does she react this way?
4. What does Lady Caroline realize about herself in Chapter 16?
5. What does Lady Caroline think of Ferdinand?
6. Why does Mrs. Wilkins kiss Mrs. Fisher in Chapter 18 and how does Mrs. Fisher react?
7. Why does Mr. Briggs insist on talking to Lady Caroline and how does he react when she finally appears?
8. How do the three other women feel when Mrs. Wilkins is absent for a day in Chapter 13?
9. What do Mrs. Arbuthnot and Mrs. Wilkins talk about on the way to the village in Chapter 11?
10. How do Mr. Briggs and Mrs. Arbuthnot react to one another when Mr.Briggs arrives at the villa?
This section contains 947 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)