|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Briggs feel the need to confirm with Lady Caroline at the end of Chapter 18?
(a) Whether she is having a good time at the villa.
(b) Whether she has everything she needs during her stay.
(c) Whether it would be alright for him to spend the night at the villa.
(d) Whether she is involved with anyone romantically.
2. How does Mrs. Fisher's opinion of Mr. Briggs change when she senses his feelings for Lady Caroline in Chapter 19?
(a) She feels embarrassed for him.
(b) She is more intrigued by him.
(c) She thinks less of him.
(d) She appreciates him more.
3. How do Mrs. Fisher and Lady Caroline feel about Mr. Wilkins in Chapter 15?
(a) They find him rather pompous but harmless.
(b) They have no opinion of him.
(c) They are quite uncomfortable in his presence.
(d) They are comfortable and happy around him.
4. How does Mrs. Arbuthnot react when she sees Frederick in Chapter 20?
(a) She is confused.
(b) She is ecstatic.
(c) She reacts with indifference.
(d) She is angry.
5. Who is Lotty?
(a) Mrs. Arbuthnot.
(b) Mrs. Fisher.
(c) Lady Caroline.
(d) Mrs. Wilkins.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Rose been doing instead of paying attention to her surroundings in Chapter 18?
2. Who does Mellersh run into when he runs out of the bathroom soaking wet in Chapter 14?
3. Why doesn't Lady Caroline want Mr. Wilkins to come stay at the villa?
4. What does Mrs. Arbuthnot believe of Frederick's presence at the villa at the end of Chapter 20?
5. How does Mr. Briggs behave in front of Lady Caroline when he first meets her?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the four women react when Mrs. Wilkins' husband arrives in Chapter 14?
2. How do the three other women feel when Mrs. Wilkins is absent for a day in Chapter 13?
3. What does Lady Caroline contemplate as Mrs. Fisher talks about her beauty in Chapter 10?
4. Why does Lady Caroline escape to the garden in Chapter 19?
5. How does Mrs. Fisher react when she finds Mrs. Wilkins and Mrs. Arbuthnot in her sitting area? Why does she react this way?
6. Why does Mrs. Wilkins kiss Mrs. Fisher in Chapter 18 and how does Mrs. Fisher react?
7. Who is Ferdinand Arundel?
8. What does Lady Caroline realize about herself in Chapter 16?
9. What do Lady Caroline, Mellersh and Mrs. Fisher decide about the food bill in Chapter 15?
10. How does Mellersh fit in with the women as illustrated in Chapter 15?
This section contains 980 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)