|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lady Caroline's grace, beauty and nature allow her to be?
(a) Quite ditzy without ever being considered stupid.
(b) As silly as she wants.
(c) Snobbish without offending anyone.
(d) Standoffish and still charming.
2. What is the weather like when the women arrive in Italy in Chapter 5?
(b) Hot and humid.
(c) Cloudy and rainy.
(d) Freezing cold.
3. According to Mrs. Fisher, what is Lady Caroline able to do with the servants?
(a) Speak Italian in a way they can understand.
(b) Befriend them.
(c) Hire them to work at her estate in England.
(d) Pay them a daily wage.
4. Why does Mrs. Fisher hurry to the lunch table in Chapter 9?
(a) To ensure no one takes her place at the head of the table.
(b) To tell the other women her exciting news.
(c) She thinks the others are waiting for her.
(d) She is extremely famished.
5. What did Mrs. Fisher and Lady Caroline have taken out of their rooms upon their arrival at the house?
(b) The drapery.
(c) The chamber pots.
(d) Old clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had "faded to the dimness of a dream" by the time the women arrived in Italy in Chapter 4?
2. How does Mrs. Wilkins convince her husband that she is already going to Italy in Chapter 4?
3. What does Mrs. Arbuthnot ask guidance from God for in Chapter 2?
4. What do Mrs. Wilkins and Mrs. Arbuthnot briefly argue about in Chapter 8?
5. What does Mrs. Fisher tell Mrs. Wilkins and Mrs. Arbuthnot to do during the lunch course in Chapter 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mrs. Arbuthnot believe about her own happiness?
2. What does Mrs. Wilkins admire and appreciate when she awakes in Chapter 6?
3. What do Mrs. Wilkins and Mrs. Arbuthnot think of Lady Caroline's beauty in Chapter 6?
4. How does Mrs. Wilkins react to the advertisement she sees in the newspaper in Chapter 1 and why does she react in this manner?
5. What is shared in Chapter 2 in regards to Mrs. Arbuthnot's marriage?
6. Do Mrs. Arbuthnot and Mrs. Wilkins find the process of leasing the villa easy? Why or why not?
7. How do the two women go about finding other guests for their villa retreat? Why do they want to find more women?
8. What does Lady Caroline reflect on as she watches Mrs. Wilkins and Mrs. Arbuthnot in Chapter 8?
9. What sparks Mrs. Wilkins' and Mrs. Arbuthnots' debate about heaven?
10. How does Mrs. Arbuthnot react to Mrs. Wilkins' suggestions in Chapter 1?
This section contains 887 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)