|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21 and 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Wilkins suggest she and Mrs. Arbuthnot do in Chapter 1?
(a) Play some golf near Mrs. Wilkins' neighborhood.
(b) Have dinner with their husbands.
(c) Start a new club.
(d) Share the cost of renting the vacation home.
2. What does Mrs. Fisher receive two plates of in Chapter 9?
3. How does Mrs. Fisher react the Mrs. Wilkins' enthusiasm in Chapter 7?
(a) With impatience.
(b) With happiness.
(c) With enthusiasm.
(d) With indifference.
4. Where does Lady Caroline hide-out in Chapter 19?
(a) An isolated garden path.
(b) The village.
(c) A hotel.
(d) In a park.
5. What does Mrs. Arbuthnot believe of Frederick's presence at the villa at the end of Chapter 20?
(a) She believes he has come in response to her invitation to join her.
(b) She believes he has come to make sure there are no other men around her.
(c) She believes he needed a break from work.
(d) She believes he has come to surprise her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What must the renters provide to the landlord for the Italian villa?
2. What does Mrs. Arbuthnot feel she will have to do with Mrs. Wilkins at the villa in Chapter 3?
3. What does Mrs. Wilkins "see" happening between Lady Caroline and Mr. Briggs at the end of the novel?
4. Why doesn't Lady Caroline want Mr. Wilkins to come stay at the villa?
5. How many replies do the women receive from their advertisement in Chapter 3?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)