|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19 and 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mrs. Wilkins know Mrs. Arbuthnot?
(a) She is her neighbor.
(b) From church.
(c) They went to school together.
(d) Their husbands are colleagues.
2. What do Mrs. Wilkins and Mrs. Arbuthnot advertise in The Times?
(a) A private driver who can drive them to the villa.
(b) For other women to join them at the villa.
(c) A cook to accompany them to the villa.
(d) A spare room at their homes in England.
3. What does Mrs. Arbuthnot ask guidance from God for in Chapter 2?
(a) Of whether she should stay with her husband.
(b) How to avoid Mrs. Wilkins.
(c) Whether or not she should even hope that the holiday will become reality.
(d) How to overcome a recent death in the family.
4. What does Mrs. Arbuthnot consider doing in Chapter 16?
(a) Writing to her husband and inviting him to the villa.
(b) Starting a romance with Costanza.
(c) Moving to Italy permanently.
(d) Returning home to England.
5. What does Mrs. Wilkins make sure is the first thing that happens in the house when the women arrive?
(a) A feast.
(b) A toast.
(c) A kiss.
(d) A hug.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Rose and Mr. Briggs do at the end of Chapter 17?
2. What does the narration note about Mrs. Wilkins marriage and life in Chapter 1?
3. Who is Ferdinand Arundel?
4. How did Lady Caroline and Mrs. Fisher come to arrive at the house at the same time?
5. Where does Lady Caroline hide-out in Chapter 19?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)