|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19 and 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mrs. Fisher's opinion of Mr. Briggs change when she senses his feelings for Lady Caroline in Chapter 19?
(a) She thinks less of him.
(b) She appreciates him more.
(c) She feels embarrassed for him.
(d) She is more intrigued by him.
2. How many replies do the women receive from their advertisement in Chapter 3?
3. When Mrs. Wilkins awakes in Chapter 6, which of the following does she not take pleasure in?
(a) The smell of the linens.
(b) The prettiness of her room.
(c) The thought of being away from her husband for an entire month.
(d) Being alone in bed.
4. What is the only word that the women can understand from the Italian man in Chapter 5?
(c) "San Salvatore".
(d) "Buon giorno".
5. Who is Mellersh?
(a) Mrs. Arbuthnot's husband.
(b) Mrs. Fisher's husband.
(c) Mrs. Wilkins' husband.
(d) Lady Caroline's lover.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Mrs. Wilkins and Mrs. Arbuthnot make plans to arrive at the villa before the others?
2. What does Mrs. Wilkins make sure is the first thing that happens in the house when the women arrive?
3. How does Mrs. Fisher feel when she sees she is the only one at the lunch table in Chapter 9?
4. How does Mrs. Fisher feel when she finds Mrs. Arbuthnot and Mrs. Wilkins in her sitting room area in Chapter 10?
5. What is Hampstead?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)