|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13, 14 and 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Arbuthnot long to share with her husband in Chapter 11?
(a) The beauty of the villa.
(b) Her hopes and fears.
(c) The Italian way of life.
(d) Her newfound friendships.
2. According to Mrs. Fisher, what are women not made for?
(b) Lazying about.
3. What conclusion does Lady Caroline come to in Chapter 13?
(a) That her life back home is lacking nothing.
(b) That her life is flashy, shoddy and empty.
(c) That she made the wrong choice coming to Italy.
(d) That the other women are unruly and tiresome.
4. Why are Mrs. Arbuthnot, Lady Caroline and Mrs. Fisher disappointed in Chapter 13?
(a) Because Mrs. Wilkins does not return until dinner.
(b) Because Mrs. Wilkins does not bring anything back with her from town.
(c) Because Mrs. WIlkins returns quite quickly.
(d) Because Mrs. Wilkins decides to make dinner.
5. What catches Mrs. Wilkins eye in the newspaper?
(a) A photograph.
(b) An advertisement.
(c) A headline.
(d) An editorial.
Short Answer Questions
1. What surprises Mrs. Wilkins and Mrs. Arbuthnot when they enter the dining room in Chapter 7?
2. What does Lady Caroline call the pair of Mrs. Wilkins and Mrs. Arbuthnot in Chapter 6?
3. Who is Briggs?
4. Who does Lady Caroline watch from her terrace in Chapter 8?
5. What is Lady Caroline tired of in Chapter 10?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)