|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8 and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Costanza?
(a) The butler.
(b) The house cook.
(c) The gardener.
(d) The chaffeur.
2. Who is the author of "The Enchanted April"?
(a) Fanny Fern.
(b) Elizabeth von Arnim.
(c) Virginia Woolf.
(d) Barbara Pym.
3. When Lady Caroline meets Mrs. Wilkins and Mrs. Arbuthnot for the first time, what does she suggest they do?
(a) Tell each other about their lives.
(b) Go for a walk in the garden.
(c) Keep out of each others' way.
(d) Eat breakfast.
4. Who does Lady Caroline watch from her terrace in Chapter 8?
(a) The gardener.
(b) A group of young students walking down the sideroad.
(c) Mrs. Wilkins and Mrs. Arbuthnot.
(d) Mrs. Fisher.
5. When Mrs. Wilkins awakes in Chapter 6, which of the following does she not take pleasure in?
(a) The smell of the linens.
(b) Being alone in bed.
(c) The prettiness of her room.
(d) The thought of being away from her husband for an entire month.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lady Caroline tell Costanza in Chapter 8?
2. What does Lady Caroline's grace, beauty and nature allow her to be?
3. Where is Mrs. Wilkins at the beginning of the novel?
4. What does a man do with the women's luggage in Chapter 5?
5. What newspaper is Mrs. Wilkins reading in Chapter 1?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)