|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8 and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mrs. Fisher send to find the other women in Chapter 9?
2. Who interrupts Lady Caroline after Costanza does in Chapter 8?
3. Who is Briggs?
(a) The owner of the Italian villa.
(b) Mrs. Arbuthnot's uncle.
(c) A friend of Mrs. Arbuthnot's husband.
(d) Mrs. Wilkins' first love that she occasionally sees.
4. What is the only word that the women can understand from the Italian man in Chapter 5?
(c) "Buon giorno".
(d) "San Salvatore".
5. What does Mrs. Wilkins notice Mrs. Arbuthnot doing in Chapter 1?
(a) Crying in the corner.
(b) Reading a book about Italy.
(c) Reading the same thing in the newspaper.
(d) Eating her favorite cookies.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Mrs. Wilkins awakes in Chapter 6, which of the following does she not take pleasure in?
2. How does Mrs. Fisher feel when she sees she is the only one at the lunch table in Chapter 9?
3. How does Mrs. Fisher feel about the chatty and enthusiastic Mrs. Wilkins when she first meets her?
4. What newspaper is Mrs. Wilkins reading in Chapter 1?
5. Why does Mrs. Arbuthnot feel guilty in Chapter 4?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)