|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8 and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mrs. Wilkins normally behave in public as of Chapter 1?
(b) Overly cheery.
2. How does Mrs. Fisher react the Mrs. Wilkins' enthusiasm in Chapter 7?
(a) With impatience.
(b) With happiness.
(c) With enthusiasm.
(d) With indifference.
3. For what did Mrs. Arbuthnot marry?
4. What newspaper is Mrs. Wilkins reading in Chapter 1?
(a) The Local.
(b) The News.
(c) The Standard.
(d) The Times.
5. Where is Mrs. Wilkins at the beginning of the novel?
(a) At the supermarket.
(b) At the park.
(c) At the library.
(d) At a women's club.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narration note about Mrs. Wilkins marriage and life in Chapter 1?
2. What must the renters provide to the landlord for the Italian villa?
3. Why does Lady Caroline decide to act cool, distant and commanding during her stay at the house?
4. How does Mrs. Wilkins know Mrs. Arbuthnot?
5. What surprises Mrs. Wilkins and Mrs. Arbuthnot when they enter the dining room in Chapter 7?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)