|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6 and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can Mrs. Wilkins see from her bedroom window?
(a) The nearby town waking up.
(b) A statue of the Virgin Mary.
(c) A sprawling golf course.
(d) The ocean, mountains and the gardens.
2. What is the only word that the women can understand from the Italian man in Chapter 5?
(a) "San Salvatore".
(c) "Buon giorno".
3. What does Mrs. Arbuthnot playfully remind Mrs. Wilkins of in Chapter 6?
(a) That home is where the heart is.
(b) That age is but a number.
(c) That money can't buy happiness.
(d) That beauty is temporary.
4. What does Mrs. Arbuthnot realize about both she and Mrs. Wilkins in Chapter 1?
(a) They are kindred spirits.
(b) They are both miserable.
(c) They are both lost.
(d) They are both happy in their marriages.
5. How does Mrs. Wilkins normally behave in public as of Chapter 1?
(b) Overly cheery.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has set herself up as hostess in Chapter 7?
2. What does Mrs. Wilkins do in Chapter 1 that surprises her?
3. Who meets the women in the courtyard of the castle in Chapter 5?
4. What does Lady Caroline call the pair of Mrs. Wilkins and Mrs. Arbuthnot in Chapter 6?
5. When Mrs. Wilkins awakes in Chapter 6, which of the following does she not take pleasure in?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)