|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6 and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Arbuthnot feel guilty in Chapter 4?
(a) For shutting Mrs. Wilkins out.
(b) For spending money and time on her own happiness.
(c) For not praying before eating her breakfast.
(d) For not inviting her sister on the trip.
2. How much is the rent for the Italian villa?
(a) One hundred pounds.
(b) Eighty pounds.
(c) Sixty pounds.
(d) Forty-five pounds.
3. What does the narration note about Mrs. Wilkins marriage and life in Chapter 1?
(a) It is more interesting than she thinks.
(b) It is dull and routine.
(c) It has improved in recent years.
(d) It is the result of careful planning in her youth.
4. How does Mrs. Wilkins know Mrs. Arbuthnot?
(a) They went to school together.
(b) Their husbands are colleagues.
(c) She is her neighbor.
(d) From church.
5. According to Mrs. Wilkins at the train station, what does her husband have no right to do?
(a) See her off.
(b) Forgive her.
(c) Follow her to Italy.
(d) Make her feel guilty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Wilkins notice Mrs. Arbuthnot doing in Chapter 1?
2. What is the only word that the women can understand from the Italian man in Chapter 5?
3. For what did Mrs. Arbuthnot marry?
4. What does Lady Caroline call the pair of Mrs. Wilkins and Mrs. Arbuthnot in Chapter 6?
5. How does Mrs. Fisher feel about the chatty and enthusiastic Mrs. Wilkins when she first meets her?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)