|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6 and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mrs. Arbuthnot described as in Chapter 1?
2. What is Mrs. Arbuthnot going to Hampstead for in Chapter 2?
(a) To visit her niece.
(b) To go to the museum.
(c) To shop for a particular perfume.
(d) To deliver a lecture.
3. Who is the author of "The Enchanted April"?
(a) Fanny Fern.
(b) Elizabeth von Arnim.
(c) Barbara Pym.
(d) Virginia Woolf.
4. According to Mrs. Fisher, what is Lady Caroline able to do with the servants?
(a) Befriend them.
(b) Hire them to work at her estate in England.
(c) Pay them a daily wage.
(d) Speak Italian in a way they can understand.
5. According to Mrs. Wilkins at the train station, what does her husband have no right to do?
(a) Make her feel guilty.
(b) Forgive her.
(c) See her off.
(d) Follow her to Italy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lady Caroline decide to act cool, distant and commanding during her stay at the house?
2. What does Mrs. Wilkins do before going to fetch Mrs. Arbuthnot in Chapter 6?
3. What does Mrs. Wilkins do in Chapter 1 that surprises her?
4. How did Lady Caroline and Mrs. Fisher come to arrive at the house at the same time?
5. Who meets the women in the courtyard of the castle in Chapter 5?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)