|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3, 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Mrs. Arbuthnot's child?
(a) Mrs. Arbuthnot's child was sent to live with relatives.
(b) Mrs. Arbuthnot's child died.
(c) Mrs. Arbuthnot's child was kidnapped.
(d) Mrs. Arbuthnot's child is away at school and rarely visits.
2. What does Mrs. Arbuthnot imagine will happen when she and her husband are old?
(a) They will realize they should never have married.
(b) They will die at around the same time.
(c) They will grow even more apart.
(d) Happiness will come.
3. What does Mrs. Wilkins suggest she and Mrs. Arbuthnot do in Chapter 1?
(a) Have dinner with their husbands.
(b) Play some golf near Mrs. Wilkins' neighborhood.
(c) Start a new club.
(d) Share the cost of renting the vacation home.
4. How much is the rent for the Italian villa?
(a) Forty-five pounds.
(b) One hundred pounds.
(c) Eighty pounds.
(d) Sixty pounds.
5. What excites Mrs. Wilkins about what she sees in the newspaper in Chapter 1?
(a) The chance to meet some new friends.
(b) The innovations in cleaning appliances.
(c) The idea of owning a new puppy.
(d) The possibility of a holiday in Italy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Arbuthnot ask guidance from God for in Chapter 2?
2. What does the narration note about Mrs. Wilkins marriage and life in Chapter 1?
3. What does Mrs. Arbuthnot believe her husband is too busy doing to notice her gone?
4. What does Mrs. Wilkins make sure is the first thing that happens in the house when the women arrive?
5. Why do Mrs. Wilkins and Mrs. Arbuthnot make plans to arrive at the villa before the others?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)