|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19 and 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Arbuthnot consider wearing in her hair in Chapter 20?
(a) A flower.
(b) A bonnet.
(c) A clip.
(d) A bow.
2. Who is Lotty?
(a) Mrs. Arbuthnot.
(b) Mrs. Fisher.
(c) Mrs. Wilkins.
(d) Lady Caroline.
3. What does Mrs. Arbuthnot imagine will happen when she and her husband are old?
(a) They will die at around the same time.
(b) They will grow even more apart.
(c) Happiness will come.
(d) They will realize they should never have married.
4. How does Mr. Briggs surprise Rose as they drink tea in Chapter 18?
(a) By flattering the women in a most sincere manner.
(b) By bringing up a scholarly subject to discuss.
(c) By being able to make Mrs. Fisher laugh.
(d) By sipping his tea like a lady.
5. How much is the rent for the Italian villa?
(a) Sixty pounds.
(b) Forty-five pounds.
(c) One hundred pounds.
(d) Eighty pounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mrs. Arbuthnot react when she sees Frederick in Chapter 20?
2. What does Mrs. Fisher reminisce about when interviewed by Mrs. Wilkins and Mrs. Arbuthnot?
3. What does Mrs. Arbuthnot fail at in Chapter 7?
4. What is Mrs. Fisher confused to discover in Chapter 13?
5. According to Mrs. Fisher's observations in Chapter 15, what has there been a lack of restraint with at the villa?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)