|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19 and 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had "faded to the dimness of a dream" by the time the women arrived in Italy in Chapter 4?
(a) Their lives back in England.
(b) Their husband's faces.
(c) Their worries and guilt.
(d) Their aggression and angst from before.
2. Who is Costanza?
(a) The house cook.
(b) The chaffeur.
(c) The butler.
(d) The gardener.
3. What reminds Mrs. Fisher of her husband in Chapter 9?
(a) Mrs. Arbuthnot's weak laugh.
(b) A song that Lady Caroline hums in the garden.
(c) A red and orange bouquet in the foyer.
(d) The pasta course at lunch.
4. How does Mrs. Wilkins know Mrs. Arbuthnot?
(a) Their husbands are colleagues.
(b) From church.
(c) She is her neighbor.
(d) They went to school together.
5. Where is Mrs. Wilkins returning from when she kisses Mrs. Fisher in Chapter 18?
(a) The garden.
(b) A picnic.
(c) The beach.
(d) A trip to the grocer's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lady Caroline find strange in Chapter 10?
2. What does Mrs. Arbuthnot believe her husband is too busy doing to notice her gone?
3. Why does Lady Caroline decide to act cool, distant and commanding during her stay at the house?
4. According to Mrs. Wilkins at the train station, what does her husband have no right to do?
5. According to Mrs. Fisher's observations in Chapter 15, what has there been a lack of restraint with at the villa?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)