|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19 and 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the appearances of Mrs. Wilkins and Mrs. Arbuthnot change as they look outside in Chapter 6?
(a) They look bigger and brighter.
(b) They look more relaxed, prettier and younger.
(c) They look a little sad and guilty.
(d) They look more energized.
2. When Mrs. Wilkins awakes in Chapter 6, which of the following does she not take pleasure in?
(a) The thought of being away from her husband for an entire month.
(b) Being alone in bed.
(c) The smell of the linens.
(d) The prettiness of her room.
3. What does Mr. Briggs telegram say in Chapter 17?
(a) That he is coming to the villa to collect rent.
(b) That he would like to take the women out on the town.
(c) That he would like to pick up some personal items at the villa.
(d) That he is passing through Rome and would like to see Rose.
4. How does Mr. Briggs behave in front of Lady Caroline when he first meets her?
(a) Overly attentive and appreciative.
(b) Uncaring and curt.
(c) Rather agressive.
(d) Physically awkward and silent.
5. Why are Mrs. Arbuthnot, Lady Caroline and Mrs. Fisher disappointed in Chapter 13?
(a) Because Mrs. Wilkins decides to make dinner.
(b) Because Mrs. Wilkins does not return until dinner.
(c) Because Mrs. WIlkins returns quite quickly.
(d) Because Mrs. Wilkins does not bring anything back with her from town.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mellersh see when he encounters Mr. Briggs and Rose in Chapter 18?
2. When Lady Caroline meets Mrs. Wilkins and Mrs. Arbuthnot for the first time, what does she suggest they do?
3. Who has set herself up as hostess in Chapter 7?
4. What is Hampstead?
5. According to Mrs. Wilkins at the train station, what does her husband have no right to do?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)