|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10, 11 and 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reminds Mrs. Fisher of her husband in Chapter 9?
(a) Mrs. Arbuthnot's weak laugh.
(b) A song that Lady Caroline hums in the garden.
(c) A red and orange bouquet in the foyer.
(d) The pasta course at lunch.
2. What is Lady Caroline's nickname?
3. Who are Mrs. Wilkins and Mrs. Arbuthnot surprised to see from their window in Chapter 6?
(b) Lady Caroline.
(c) A gardener.
(d) Mrs. Fisher.
4. According to Mrs. Wilkins at the train station, what does her husband have no right to do?
(a) Make her feel guilty.
(b) Follow her to Italy.
(c) See her off.
(d) Forgive her.
5. What about Mrs. Wilkins is Mrs. Arbuthnot taken aback by in Chapter 1?
(a) Her spiritual beliefs.
(b) Her enthusiasm.
(c) Her deep voice.
(d) The sadness in her eyes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Lady Caroline give to Mrs. Fisher for why she wants to be left alone in Chapter 10?
2. What catches Mrs. Wilkins eye in the newspaper?
3. According to Mrs. Arbuthnot, why should she and Mrs.Wilkins be running things at the house?
4. What do the two women do for the first time at the villa at the end of Chapter 5?
5. How do Mrs. Wilkins and Mrs. Arbuthnot forget about their argument in Chapter 8?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)