|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10, 11 and 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Fisher reminisce about when interviewed by Mrs. Wilkins and Mrs. Arbuthnot?
(a) A home filled with artists.
(b) Her past visits to Italy.
(c) Her school days.
(d) Her marriage.
2. What does Mrs. Arbuthnot ask guidance from God for in Chapter 2?
(a) How to overcome a recent death in the family.
(b) Of whether she should stay with her husband.
(c) How to avoid Mrs. Wilkins.
(d) Whether or not she should even hope that the holiday will become reality.
3. What does Lady Caroline want desperately for in Chapter 8?
(a) A best friend who is like a sister.
(b) A purpose in life.
(c) To be left alone.
(d) A passionate romance.
4. What is Hampstead?
(a) A parish near Mrs. Arbuthnot's hometown.
(b) A community near Oxford.
(c) A London suburb.
(d) A village in Somerset.
5. How does Mrs. Arbuthnot's husband make a living?
(a) He sells vacuums door to door to unassuming housewives.
(b) He gambles.
(c) He writes stories about kings and their mistresses.
(d) He works at a bank.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the two women do for the first time at the villa at the end of Chapter 5?
2. How many replies do the women receive from their advertisement in Chapter 3?
3. What does Mrs. Arbuthnot long to share with her husband in Chapter 11?
4. Who is Costanza?
5. What does Mrs. Arbuthnot feel she will have to do with Mrs. Wilkins at the villa in Chapter 3?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)