Chapters 1 and 2
1. Who is the author of "The Enchanted April"?
(a) Fanny Fern.
(b) Virginia Woolf.
(c) Barbara Pym.
(d) Elizabeth von Arnim.
2. What is the weather like at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Warm and sunny.
(b) Cold and rainy.
3. Where is Mrs. Wilkins at the beginning of the novel?
(a) At the park.
(b) At a women's club.
(c) At the library.
(d) At the supermarket.
4. What newspaper is Mrs. Wilkins reading in Chapter 1?
(a) The Standard.
(b) The News.
(c) The Times.
(d) The Local.
5. What catches Mrs. Wilkins eye in the newspaper?
(a) A photograph.
(b) A headline.
(c) An advertisement.
(d) An editorial.
6. What excites Mrs. Wilkins about what she sees in the newspaper in Chapter 1?
(a) The idea of owning a new puppy.
(b) The innovations in cleaning appliances.
(c) The possibility of a holiday in Italy.
(d) The chance to meet some new friends.
7. What does the narration note about Mrs. Wilkins marriage and life in Chapter 1?
(a) It is dull and routine.
(b) It is more interesting than she thinks.
(c) It is the result of careful planning in her youth.
(d) It has improved in recent years.
This section contains 5,947 words
(approx. 20 pages at 300 words per page)