|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Holy Theatre, part 2 (p 61-72).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Haitian voodoo priest called?
(a) The Krobodos.
(b) The Houngan.
(c) The Magic Man.
(d) The Voodoo.
2. "In Grotowski's terminology, the actor allows a role to '_____' him."
3. In France, there are how many deadly ways of playing classical tragedy, according to the author?
4. Whose "plays are symbols in an exact sense of the word. A false symbol is soft and vague: a true symbol is hard and clear"?
(a) Harold Pinter.
(b) Tennessee Williams.
(c) Samuel Beckett.
(d) James Joyce.
5. What does the author refer to as "The Theatre of the Invisible-Made-Visible"?
(a) The Living Theatre.
(b) The Dead Theatre.
(c) The Immediate Theatre.
(d) The Holy Theatre.
Short Answer Questions
1. "When the Royal Shakespeare Company's production of King Lear toured through Europe, the production was steadily improving and the best performances lay between" where?
2. According to Brook, "Beckett's dark plays are plays of ______, where the desperate object created is witness of the ferocity of the wish to bear witness to the truth."
3. Which production does the author refer to in Paris which was a flop, so they offered three free performances?
4. The theatre has often been called what?
5. What does "Deadly Theatre" mean?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)