|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Holy Theatre, part 2 (p 61-72).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The theatre has often been called what?
(a) A whore.
(b) A religion.
(c) A misery.
(d) A waste.
2. What play does the author describe his enjoying producing in America rather than in England?
(a) Romeo and Juliet.
(d) The Investigation.
3. Within a constrained time allotted for rehearsal, what cannot occur, according to the author?
(a) Artistic risks.
(b) True impulse.
(c) Creative explosion.
(d) Finding truth.
4. "In Grotowski's terminology, the actor allows a role to '_____' him."
5. Of whom does the author say, "His aim continually is holy, metaphysical, yet he never makes the mistake of staying too long on the highest plane"?
Short Answer Questions
1. The author says that we think of what as killing the theatre?
2. "When the Royal Shakespeare Company's production of King Lear toured through Europe, the production was steadily improving and the best performances lay between" where?
3. What is fast disappearing from modern-day life?
4. What does the author contend is "the only trouble with violent shocks"?
5. The author writes that, "All through the world theatre audiences are ______".
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)