|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Holy Theatre, part 1 (p 47 to 61).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who challenged Stanislavsky, proposing a different style of playing?
2. The author refers to Broadway not as a jungle, but a what?
3. What play does the author use as an example of the actor's inability to play "adjectives"?
(b) King Lear.
(c) Romeo and Juliet.
(d) A Midsummer Night's Dream.
4. The author contends that "we do not know how to celebrate, because we do not know ____ to celebrate."
5. A word is an end product which begins with what?
(a) A motion.
(b) An impulse.
(c) An idea.
(d) A thought.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author writes that New York has potentially the best audience in the world, but they don't go to the theatre. Why?
2. What are audiences doing in "elevating something bad into a success"?
3. What does "Deadly Theatre" mean?
4. The author writes, "Of course nowhere does the Deadly Theatre install itself so securely, so comfortably and so slyly as in the works of" whom?
5. What era was a thriving point for Jouvet and Bérard, Jean-Louis Barrault, Clave at the ballet, Don Juan, Amphitryon, La Folk de Chaillot, Carmen, and others?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)