|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of the things that Danielle does in preparation for her tryst with Murray?
2. What does Danielle think she is to Murray?
3. What is the status of Marina's book?
4. In whose hotel room does Danielle spend the night after the wedding?
5. What do David and Julius discuss in Chapter 54?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is Bootie after the September 11 attacks in New York?
2. Why is Bootie so surprised by Murray's reactions to Bootie's expose on him?
3. How has Julius betrayed David once again on the holiday weekend?
4. What secret does Danielle continue to keep from Julius and Marina?
5. What does the helicopter ride signify for Murray and Danielle?
6. How does Annabel treat Bootie even though he has made a huge mess in her home?
7. What changes does Bootie make after he is kicked out of the Thwaite house and loses his job working for Murray?
8. What are the circumstances in which Murray leaves Danielle?
9. What memories does Danielle have about Marina's wedding the next morning?
10. What is the content of Chapter 51?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the overall setting setting for the novel? Be sure to include geography, time period and any pertinent popular culture events. Why did Messud choose to use these places in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
The author uses several instances of foreshadowing in the story. Explain what foreshadowing is and cite at least two examples making sure to explain what makes each an instance of foreshadowing.
Essay Topic 3
Create a character study of Danielle. What are her physical characteristics? What are her motivations? What are her fears? What are her dreams? What else can you say about Danielle?
This section contains 844 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)