|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what holiday does Marina plan to marry Ludo?
2. Who was Julius to spend the holiday with in #109?
3. What does Murray do after he reads the expose Bootie wrote?
4. What does Bootie think will make Marina fall in love with him?
5. What secret does Danielle keep from Marina and Julius?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Annabel treat Bootie even though he has made a huge mess in her home?
2. What events and circumstances add to a feeling of doom for Bootie?
3. What is the reason that David is so late in arriving home?
4. What is the content of Chapter 51?
5. What is Murray's opinion of Marina's book and how does she react to it?
6. Why is Ludo such a disruptive presence at the Thwaites' home on the holiday?
7. What does the helicopter ride signify for Murray and Danielle?
8. What memories does Danielle have about Marina's wedding the next morning?
9. What does the storm in Stockbridge symbolize for the Thwaites?
10. What changes does Bootie make after he is kicked out of the Thwaite house and loses his job working for Murray?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author uses more than one instance of irony in the book. Cite at least two other examples you can identify in the book and note why they are examples of irony.
Essay Topic 2
Betrayal seems to be almost an unnamed character in the book. How pervasive is the sense of betrayal Why does it have such a prevalent place in the characters' lives? Explain how an inanimate object or characteristic can be a character.
Essay Topic 3
Create a character study of Julius. What are his physical characteristics? What are his motivations? What are his fears? What are his dreams? What else can you say about Julius?
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)