|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the maid at the Thwaites' home?
2. What is the temperature in Julius' apartment?
3. What job does Murray hire Bootie to do?
4. What does Danielle suggest that Marina do?
5. What city is Bootie in at the beginning of Chapter 19?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Frederick (Bootie) Tubb and what is he doing since he left college?
2. Who is Murray's wife and what is her profession?
3. Describe how Ludo takes on greater importance in Marina's life and what he tries to convince her to do regarding her father.
4. What is the premise of THE EMPEROR'S CHILDREN?
5. How does Bootie know he has worn out his welcome with friends in Amherst?
6. Why is Danielle Minkoff in Australia and who does she meet there?
7. What strides has Bootie made in the two weeks he has been in Manhattan?
8. What do Danielle and her mother, Randy, do when her mother visits Danielle in Manhattan?
9. What risk does Julius take , especially since he is in a relationship with David?
10. How does an affair between Murray and Danielle get started?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a character study of Julius. What are his physical characteristics? What are his motivations? What are his fears? What are his dreams? What else can you say about Julius?
Essay Topic 2
Create a character study of Marina. What are her physical characteristics? What are her motivations? What are her fears? What are her dreams? What else can you say about Marina?
Essay Topic 3
The author uses more than one iteration on the motif of disappointment. Identify at least two characters who either embody or experience disappointment then cite an example to support your answers.
This section contains 889 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)