|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Randy visiting at the beginning of Chapter 11?
2. What does Donald tell Bootie that makes Bootie mad?
3. Who does Judy begin to blame for Bootie's absence from home?
4. To whom does Murray send an email to meet for lunch or drinks?
5. Who is Randy Minkoff?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Murray's wife and what is her profession?
2. What does David represent to Julius when he meets him while on a work assignment?
3. What are Bootie's plans for his arrival in Manhattan?
4. What kind of father is Murray to Marina when she comes to him for help?
5. What is Murray's philosophy on life since he was able to escape the banality of his childhood home?
6. Who is Bootie and what is his major life dilemma?
7. How does the author show that Bootie is unprepared for life in Manhattan?
8. What topic does Danielle try to talk to Marina about and why does Marina resist?
9. What is the state of Julius' relationship with David after two months?
10. What does Murray do to try to advance his flirtation with Danielle?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The frustration of unfulfilled affection touches several characters in the story. Name at least two characters who experience unfulfilled love and the situations that occur as a result.
Essay Topic 2
Being caught off guard is an important theme in THE EMPEROR'S CHILDREN. Can you cite an example to support this theme? Name two other themes and cite examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Create a character study of Marina. What are her physical characteristics? What are her motivations? What are her fears? What are her dreams? What else can you say about Marina?
This section contains 830 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)