|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what day does Chapter 58 take place?
(a) January 1, 2002
(b) September 11, 2001.
(c) November 24, 2001.
(d) December 25, 2002.
2. What is Ludo's last name?
3. Marina has asked Julius to write an expose on what subject?
(a) The next election.
(b) Interior decorating.
(c) Gay culture.
(d) The shift to the suburbs.
4. Why does Bootie go to the Thwaites' home on the holiday?
(a) To party.
(b) To play piano.
(c) To tend bar.
(d) To work.
5. What is Bootie's opinion on the whole city of Manhattan?
(a) It is overwhelming.
(b) It is rotting.
(c) It is fabulous.
(d) It is cruel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Danielle not want to spend the holiday with the Thwaites?
2. What consumes Ludo so much that he ignores Marina?
3. What does David do when he finds Julius in the bathroom stall with the stranger?
4. What topic does Danielle mention that sheds a pall over the evening?
5. Why does Annabel have to leave the family holiday to return to the city?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the altercation between David and Julius in the men's room at the bar.
2. What does the storm in Stockbridge symbolize for the Thwaites?
3. What does the helicopter ride signify for Murray and Danielle?
4. Why is Bootie so surprised by Murray's reactions to Bootie's expose on him?
5. What are the circumstances in which Murray leaves Danielle?
6. How has Julius betrayed David once again on the holiday weekend?
7. What memories does Danielle have about Marina's wedding the next morning?
8. How does Annabel treat Bootie even though he has made a huge mess in her home?
9. Why is Ludo such a disruptive presence at the Thwaites' home on the holiday?
10. Why does Danielle not go to the Thwaites' home in Stockbridge for the holiday weekend?
This section contains 848 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)