|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the topic of conversation when Marina and Julius come to Danielle's apartment in Chapter 55?
(a) Marina's wedding photos.
(b) Murray's book tour.
(c) David's hurting Julius.
(d) The September 11 attacks.
2. How many hours is David overdue returning home to Julius?
3. What kind of job does Bootie find?
(a) Cab driver.
4. What topic does Danielle mention that sheds a pall over the evening?
(b) The manuscript.
(d) The expose.
5. Julius is feeling guilty because he did not take the train to __________ as planned.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Bootie escape to after the September 11 attacks?
2. Who takes Danielle to the train station the morning after the wedding?
3. How many years has Marina been working on her book?
4. Marina has asked Julius to write an expose on what subject?
5. What does Danielle think she is to Murray?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Murray's opinion of Marina's book and how does she react to it?
2. Describe the altercation between David and Julius in the men's room at the bar.
3. Why does Danielle not go to the Thwaites' home in Stockbridge for the holiday weekend?
4. What is the reason that David is so late in arriving home?
5. Why is Ludo such a disruptive presence at the Thwaites' home on the holiday?
6. How has Julius betrayed David once again on the holiday weekend?
7. What does the storm in Stockbridge symbolize for the Thwaites?
8. What does the helicopter ride signify for Murray and Danielle?
9. What are the circumstances in which Murray leaves Danielle?
10. Why does Julius seem to be so uncomfortable around David's family?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)