|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Danielle not want to spend the holiday with the Thwaites?
(a) She has had a fight with Marina.
(b) She is having an affair with Murray.
(c) She is depressed over the holidays.
(d) She has a work deadline.
2. What does Julius do when a handsome stranger approaches him in the bar?
(a) He slaps him.
(b) He rebuffs him.
(c) He goes to the men's room with him.
(d) He walks away from him.
3. What is Ludo's last name?
4. How does Murray acknowledge Danielle in a quiet moment?
(a) He runs his hand down her spine.
(b) He gives her a peck on the cheek.
(c) He touches the top of her head.
(d) He embraces her passionately.
5. Who/what consumes Danielle's thoughts as she waits for her train?
(a) The magazine.
(b) A new documentary.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Julius and David move back into Julius' apartment?
2. What does Murray think about Marina's book?
3. What does Ludo encourage Marina to do?
4. What is one of the things that Danielle does in preparation for her tryst with Murray?
5. Why does Annabel have to leave the family holiday to return to the city?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has Julius betrayed David once again on the holiday weekend?
2. What changes does Bootie make after he is kicked out of the Thwaite house and loses his job working for Murray?
3. Where is Bootie after the September 11 attacks in New York?
4. In what way do Bootie and Danielle relate to each other?
5. What does the storm in Stockbridge symbolize for the Thwaites?
6. What secret does Danielle continue to keep from Julius and Marina?
7. Why does Julius seem to be so uncomfortable around David's family?
8. What are the circumstances in which Murray leaves Danielle?
9. Describe the altercation between David and Julius in the men's room at the bar.
10. How does Annabel treat Bootie even though he has made a huge mess in her home?
This section contains 861 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)