|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Annabel have to leave the family holiday to return to the city?
(a) DeVaughn has problems.
(b) There is a water problem at the apartment.
(c) She forgot to bring some holiday gifts.
(d) She has to prepare for court.
2. What is Bootie's opinion on the whole city of Manhattan?
(a) It is overwhelming.
(b) It is cruel.
(c) It is fabulous.
(d) It is rotting.
3. How long is Bootie's subway stuck?
(a) 23 minutes.
(b) 2 hours.
(c) 1 hour.
(d) 48 minutes.
4. Who was Julius to spend the holiday with in #109?
(a) His ex-lover.
(b) His mother and her new husband.
(c) The Thwaites.
(d) David and his family.
5. What does Bootie think will make Marina fall in love with him?
(a) His dinner dates.
(b) His expensive gifts.
(c) His expose of her father.
(d) His floral bouquets.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Bootie go since he has to leave Julius' apartment?
2. What does Annabel ask Bootie to do?
3. What is Bootie working on in Chapter 38?
4. In what condition does Bootie leave the location in #121?
5. Who takes Danielle to the train station the morning after the wedding?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Bootie so surprised by Murray's reactions to Bootie's expose on him?
2. What is the content of Chapter 51?
3. What does the storm in Stockbridge symbolize for the Thwaites?
4. What secret does Danielle continue to keep from Julius and Marina?
5. How is Marina at odds with the important people in her life as she prepares for her wedding?
6. What is Murray's opinion of Marina's book and how does she react to it?
7. What memories does Danielle have about Marina's wedding the next morning?
8. How has Julius betrayed David once again on the holiday weekend?
9. What changes does Bootie make after he is kicked out of the Thwaite house and loses his job working for Murray?
10. Why does Julius seem to be so uncomfortable around David's family?
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)