|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long have Julius and David been dating at this point?
(a) One year.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Six months.
(d) Two months.
2. Who joins Danielle and Randy for lunch?
3. What city is Bootie in at the beginning of Chapter 19?
(b) St. Louis.
4. Marina tells Julius that Bootie makes her feel _____________.
5. Where is Marina Thwaite's family's vacation home located?
(a) Hyde Park.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the author show more information about Murray?
2. Where does Murray keep his manuscript?
3. What does Marina tease Julius about?
4. What has Murray rejected about his upbringing?
5. Who is Bootie especially in awe of at his new location?
Short Essay Questions
1. What topic does Danielle try to talk to Marina about and why does Marina resist?
2. How does the author use the literary technique of foreshadowing in this section?
3. What kind of father is Murray to Marina when she comes to him for help?
4. What is Murray's philosophy on life since he was able to escape the banality of his childhood home?
5. What are Danielle's thoughts about Murray?
6. What strides has Bootie made in the two weeks he has been in Manhattan?
7. What does David represent to Julius when he meets him while on a work assignment?
8. How do Murray and Marina deal with the issue of the dead cat?
9. What dominates Danielle's thoughts as she prepares to go to sleep?
10. Who is Marina and what is the emotional drama she is working through?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)