|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news does Marina giddily deliver to Danielle?
(a) She got a raise.
(b) Max asked her out.
(c) Ludo kissed her.
(d) She is in love with Bootie.
2. Where is Marina Thwaite's family's vacation home located?
(c) Hyde Park.
3. In what city had Frederick Tubb attended college?
4. What has Ludo named Marina's book about children's clothes?
(a) I Can Dress Myself.
(b) The Emperor's Children Have No Clothes.
(c) So Many Outfits, So Little Time.
(d) What Do You Want To Wear Today?
5. Who is Murray's nephew?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Murray's wife?
2. In what year does THE EMPEROR'S CHILDREN take place?
3. How do Murray and Marina deal with the cat's death?
4. What article has Marina requested that Bootie write?
5. What does Ludo call Murray?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the state of Julius' relationship with David after two months?
2. How do the Thwaite family members react to Bootie's imminent arrival?
3. How is Murray Thwaite introduced into the story?
4. What strides has Bootie made in the two weeks he has been in Manhattan?
5. Who is Bootie and what is his major life dilemma?
6. How is Bootie out of place on his first night in Manhattan?
7. How does Bootie know he has worn out his welcome with friends in Amherst?
8. How does the author show that Bootie is unprepared for life in Manhattan?
9. What risk does Julius take , especially since he is in a relationship with David?
10. How does Marina unwittingly accelerate the affair between her father and Danielle?
This section contains 892 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)