|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Judy begin to blame for Bootie's absence from home?
2. What is Murray doing at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) Mixing drinks.
(b) Eating dinner.
(c) Playing golf.
(d) Giving a lecture.
3. With whom has Marina been consulting about her manuscript?
4. Where is Bootie sitting at the beginning of Chapter 19?
(a) A Starbucks.
(b) An airport.
(c) A kitchen table.
(d) A park.
5. What does Bootie envy about Danielle?
(a) Her smooth transition to New York.
(b) Her apartment.
(c) Her job.
(d) Her car.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event do Danielle, Marina and Murray attend in Chapter 21?
2. Where does Danielle live?
3. In what city had Frederick Tubb attended college?
4. Murray now considers himself to be ________________.
5. Why is Marina at her family's vacation home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What topic does Danielle try to talk to Marina about and why does Marina resist?
2. Who is Murray's wife and what is her profession?
3. How does the author show that Bootie is unprepared for life in Manhattan?
4. What strides has Bootie made in the two weeks he has been in Manhattan?
5. How do the Thwaite family members react to Bootie's imminent arrival?
6. What is ironic about the chapter on raising children in Murray's book?
7. What is the disconnect between how Marina and Murray perceive themselves and how they actually are?
8. What are Ludo's obvious opinions about Murray and how does Danielle feel about them?
9. What are the three versions of Murray shown in this chapter?
10. How do Murray and Marina deal with the issue of the dead cat?
This section contains 847 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)