|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Danielle relate to Bootie?
(a) They have the same astrological sign.
(b) They are not native New Yorkers.
(c) They went to the same college.
(d) They were both geeks at school.
2. In what condition does Bootie leave the location in #121?
(a) He cleans up the biggest messes.
(b) He leaves some dishes in the sink.
(c) He is meticulous about cleaning up.
(d) He leaves a big mess.
3. Julius is feeling guilty because he did not take the train to __________ as planned.
4. Where does Julius go after the altercation?
(a) The emergency room.
(b) Danielle's apartment.
(d) His mother's home.
5. What is one of the things that Danielle does in preparation for her tryst with Murray?
(a) Gets a pedicure.
(b) Puts nice sheets on the bed.
(c) Buys new lingerie.
(d) Gets her hair highlighted.
6. What news does David share with Julius when he returns home?
(a) He wants to take a vacation.
(b) He has been fired.
(c) He bought a new car.
(d) He wants to get married.
7. What holiday are the Thwaites celebrating in Stockbridge?
(a) Memorial Day.
(b) The Fourth of July.
(d) Labor Day.
8. Bootie has changed his name to _______________.
(a) Elijah Moore.
(b) Monty Pearson.
(c) Ulrich New.
(d) Ulysses Peyton.
9. Who/what consumes Danielle's thoughts as she waits for her train?
(a) A new documentary.
(b) The magazine.
10. What topic does Danielle mention that sheds a pall over the evening?
(b) The expose.
(d) The manuscript.
11. Where does the Thwaite family usually spend the holidays?
(b) Hyde Park.
12. How does David feel about Julius' apartment?
(a) It will do temporarily.
(b) It's too big.
(c) He loves it.
(d) He hates it.
13. Marina has asked Julius to write an expose on what subject?
(a) Gay culture.
(b) The next election.
(c) Interior decorating.
(d) The shift to the suburbs.
14. What do David and Julius discuss in Chapter 54?
(a) Getting married.
(b) Moving to Chicago.
(c) Buying a house.
(d) Breaking up.
15. To whom does Marina give copies of her manuscript to read?
(a) Murray and Danielle.
(b) Annabel and Bootie.
(c) Murray and Ludo.
(d) Annabel and Danielle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is David angry with Julius when he phones him?
2. What is the subject of the article in the New York Times in Chapter 51?
3. Who does Ludo manage to agitate during dinner conversation?
4. Where does Bootie go since he has to leave Julius' apartment?
5. How many hours is David overdue returning home to Julius?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)