|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the temperature in Julius' apartment?
(b) Very hot.
(c) A little chilly.
2. Who does Murray meet with after drinks with his old friend?
3. Who befriends Bootie when he is out of place at a party?
4. Murray's hometown represents ________________ to him.
5. Where does Bootie feel abnormally claustrophobic?
(a) Danielle's tiny apartment.
(b) An elevator.
(c) A storage room.
(d) The subway.
6. Whose apartment is available to sublet?
7. What does the Thwaite family have for dinner?
(a) Chinese takeout.
(d) Burgers and fries.
8. What does Bootie envy about Danielle?
(a) Her job.
(b) Her apartment.
(c) Her car.
(d) Her smooth transition to New York.
9. What does Bootie feel about the Thwaite family?
(a) He is bored by them.
(b) He can take them or leave them.
(c) He is in awe of them.
(d) He does not like them.
10. What does Marina tease Julius about?
(a) His apartment.
(b) Having temporary jobs.
(c) His clothes.
(d) His new haircut.
11. Who is the Thwaite family cat?
12. Whose arrival at the home does Marina dread?
13. Murray now considers himself to be ________________.
(a) A spiritual leader.
(b) A failure.
(c) A good father.
(d) An iconic thinker.
14. Who is Murray's sister?
15. Where does Bootie plan to go after leaving Donald's house?
(a) The unemployment office.
(b) David's house.
(c) Murray's house.
(d) Danielle's apartment.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Julius make his living?
2. Where does Marina invite Bootie to go with her?
3. What chapter does Murray consider adding to his manuscript after speaking to Marina?
4. What has Murray rejected about his upbringing?
5. What does Donald tell Bootie that makes Bootie mad?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)