|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were peasants doing to policemen?
2. What misfortune happened to "Z.S.-K"?
3. What did "Z.S.-K" say could lead "one right to the noose"?
4. When did the Emperor become the first monarch in the history of Ethiopia travel to another country?
5. Where was the Third Division stationed during all the strikes and rebellions?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did the soldiers in Eritrea want humane funerals?
2. How did the Emperor try to keep the people from thinking about the conditions in Ethiopia?
3. Why were dignitaries from Sidamo upset with Germame?
4. Why did the overseas benefactors begin suspending shipments of food to feed the starving?
5. Why did the Emperor introduce the Army-Police Hour?
6. Why did every hair on "F.U.-H.'s" head turn white?
7. What did Mengistu say when he faced a court martial for his part in the coup with Germame?
8. Why was General Beleta Abebe arrested and held by his soldiers?
9. How was the national budget divided?
10. What did the people do to protect themselves from informers?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the 1960 coup and why it failed.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the process that the peasants had to use to petition the Emperor for justice. Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the two images that the Emperor had.
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)