|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In a quote on page 94, who could fall?
(a) Tightrope walkers.
(b) Competitive dancers.
(c) Hockey players.
(d) Competitive figure skaters.
2. Which of the Emperor's family members also enjoyed traveling abroad?
(a) His father.
(b) His mother.
(c) His son.
(d) His brother.
3. What was Makonen's position in the government?
(a) Minister of Industry and Commerce.
(b) Minister of Information.
(c) Minister of Development.
(d) Minister of Security.
4. What new hour did the Emperor institute between 4 and 5 p.m.?
(a) The International Hour.
(b) The Security Hour.
(c) The Army-Police Hour.
(d) The Hour of Development.
5. Who said, "One often observes a fear of falling in people"?
(a) Rochette and Lysacek.
(b) Plushenko and Yagadin.
(c) Kulik and Urmanov.
(d) Osinski and Starosta.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was a demonstration held by students after the peasant uprising?
2. What type of a vehicle did Makonen drive?
3. When was the Army-Police Hour held?
4. When some complained about development, what did they say that some of the people could not afford?
5. How many people lived in Ethiopia in 1973?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Mengistu say when he faced a court martial for his part in the coup with Germame?
2. How did the Emperor try to keep the people from thinking about the conditions in Ethiopia?
3. Why did soldiers start a rebellion and arrest their superiors in the province of Sidamo?
4. What did the people do to protect themselves from informers?
5. What did international aid workers discover when they came to help the starving people of Ethiopia?
6. What happened during a student demonstration in 1969?
7. Why did everyone especially wish to travel with the Emperor when he was visiting a foreign country?
8. According to "G.O.-E," why must the Emperor have gone to bed after the coup never knowing if he would wake in the morning?
9. What post did the Emperor assign to Germame?
10. Why did the overseas benefactors begin suspending shipments of food to feed the starving?
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)