|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the legal heir to the throne when Haile Selassie came to power?
(b) Lij Yasu.
2. How many of the men the Emperor trusted implicitly participated in the coup?
3. Who denounced the rebels headed by Germame and had leaflets dropped by plane?
(a) Patriarch Basilios.
(b) Patriarch Nevena.
(c) Patriarch Callista.
(d) Patriarch Martinas.
4. What television journalist came to Ethiopia in 1973?
(a) Jonathan Dimbleby.
(b) Brian Wescott.
(c) David Brigham.
(d) Nathan Wimbledon.
5. What type of a vehicle did Makonen drive?
(a) Chevy sedan.
(c) Ford sedan.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does "F.U.-H." say that the end of the Empire began?
2. What did "Z.S.-K" say could lead "one right to the noose"?
3. What student leader died in a demonstration held by the students after the peasant uprising?
4. Where were soldiers from who arrested General Abebe?
5. What was Germame's brother's position in the government?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the people do to protect themselves from informers?
2. Why was General Beleta Abebe arrested and held by his soldiers?
3. What was an important and useful characteristic of the new appointees after the coup?
4. Who were some of the innocents killed during the coup?
5. What post did the Emperor assign to Germame?
6. Why was "N.L.E." fired from his job as titular clerk?
7. Why did everyone especially wish to travel with the Emperor when he was visiting a foreign country?
8. What had to be done to clean up the mess in the Palace after the coup ended?
9. What were some of the new developments begun after the coup?
10. According to "G.O.-E," why must the Emperor have gone to bed after the coup never knowing if he would wake in the morning?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)