|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was a demonstration held by students after the peasant uprising?
(a) The beginning of 1969.
(b) The end of 1970.
(c) The beginning of 1970.
(d) The end of 1969.
2. What trivial event organized by the American Peace Corps set off a revolution?
(a) A concert.
(b) A book sale.
(c) A picnic.
(d) A fashion show.
3. In what province did soldiers start a rebellion and arrest their superiors?
4. What was "Z.S.-K.'s" son's name?
5. When does "F.U.-H." say that the end of the Empire began?
Short Answer Questions
1. On page 108, what was "M.S.'s" job?
2. In the 1930s, where did Haile Selassie live during the invasion of Ethiopia?
3. After the peasant uprising, who wanted to gather loyal students and stage a demonstration?
4. What was hauled off in trucks after the coup?
5. How many people lived in Ethiopia in 1973?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Makonen.
2. How did foreign news correspondents obtain information about famine in the north of Ethiopia in 1973?
3. Why was General Beleta Abebe arrested and held by his soldiers?
4. Describe what the mortar man, "M.S." did.
5. How did the Emperor keep track of the new developments that were being built?
6. Why did soldiers start a rebellion and arrest their superiors in the province of Sidamo?
7. Why was "N.L.E." fired from his job as titular clerk?
8. Why did the Emperor introduce the Army-Police Hour?
9. How did the Emperor try to keep the people from thinking about the conditions in Ethiopia?
10. Why did every hair on "F.U.-H.'s" head turn white?
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)