|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the coup, who grumbled when the "personal people" began to fill the Palace offices?
(a) The aristocrats.
(b) Crown Council.
(c) The head of the Palace guards.
(d) The Security Office.
2. What was "F.U.-H.'s" job?
(a) Officer in the Ministry of Security.
(b) Officer in the Ministry of Education.
(c) Officer in the Ministry of Ceremonies.
(d) Officer in the Ministry of Information.
3. Who led the Talkers faction?
(b) Mikael Imru.
(c) Ebn Melek.
4. What new hour did the Emperor institute between 4 and 5 p.m.?
(a) The Hour of Development.
(b) The Army-Police Hour.
(c) The International Hour.
(d) The Security Hour.
5. How many years did "F.U.-H.'s" have his government job?
(a) Fifteen years.
(b) Five years.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Twenty years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What student leader died in a demonstration held by the students after the peasant uprising?
2. When some complained about development, what did they say that some of the people could not afford?
3. What position did the Emperor give Germame?
4. When did Betwoded Negash wish to proclaim an Ethiopian republic?
5. What did the Emperor do as a child to show humility to his father?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was General Beleta Abebe arrested and held by his soldiers?
2. Describe Makonen.
3. What did the people do to protect themselves from informers?
4. How did foreign news correspondents obtain information about famine in the north of Ethiopia in 1973?
5. What did Mengistu say when he faced a court martial for his part in the coup with Germame?
6. Why were dignitaries from Sidamo upset with Germame?
7. According to "G.O.-E," why must the Emperor have gone to bed after the coup never knowing if he would wake in the morning?
8. What had to be done to clean up the mess in the Palace after the coup ended?
9. What were some of the new developments begun after the coup?
10. How did the Emperor try to keep the people from thinking about the conditions in Ethiopia?
This section contains 861 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)