|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Akilu's position in the government?
2. What type of a vehicle did Makonen drive?
(a) Chevy sedan.
(c) Ford sedan.
3. What was hauled off in trucks after the coup?
(a) Heaps of broken furniture and boxes full of empty shells.
(b) Weapons and ammunition.
(c) Glass from broken windows and mirrors.
(d) Dead bodies.
4. Where did reports say that most of the murmurs and whispers were originating after the coup?
(a) The aristocrats.
(b) The peasants.
(c) The university.
(d) The army.
5. What did "Z.S.-K" say could lead "one right to the noose"?
(a) Looking someone in the eye.
(b) Clandestine clapping.
(c) Walking too slowly.
(d) Walking too quickly.
6. What television journalist came to Ethiopia in 1973?
(a) Jonathan Dimbleby.
(b) David Brigham.
(c) Nathan Wimbledon.
(d) Brian Wescott.
7. What division rebelled in Eritrea?
(a) Second division.
(b) Fourth division.
(c) Third division.
(d) First division.
8. On page 108, what was "M.S.'s" job?
9. Who led the Jailers faction?
(a) Abebech Alem.
(b) Nigist Ken.
(c) Tenene Work.
(d) Mihret Bogalech.
10. What did Makonen spend all his time and money doing?
(a) Helping the poor.
(b) Creating a network of informers.
(c) Buying land.
(d) Tending to his duties as minister.
11. What was "Z.S.-K.'s" son's mood when a misfortune happened to "Z.S.-K."?
12. After the coup, what group began to grumble and speak unreasonably and insultingly against the Palace?
(a) The ministers.
(b) The aristocrats.
(c) The peasants.
(d) The students.
13. What trivial event organized by the American Peace Corps set off a revolution?
(a) A fashion show.
(b) A concert.
(c) A picnic.
(d) A book sale.
14. What did children do while their parents were eating in the old days?
(a) Kept a prone position until the parents finished eating.
(b) Served their parents.
(c) Stood and watch their parents eat.
(d) Stood with their faces to the wall.
15. What misfortune happened to "Z.S.-K"?
(a) His son began to think.
(b) His son began to criticize the Empire.
(c) His son committed suicide.
(d) His son started attending demonstrations.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were peasants doing to policemen?
2. How many of the men the Emperor trusted implicitly participated in the coup?
3. What position did the Emperor give Germame?
4. How many years did "F.U.-H.'s" have his government job?
5. In a quote on page 94, who could fall?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)