|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did children do while their parents were eating in the old days?
(a) Served their parents.
(b) Stood and watch their parents eat.
(c) Stood with their faces to the wall.
(d) Kept a prone position until the parents finished eating.
2. Who said, "One often observes a fear of falling in people"?
(a) Kulik and Urmanov.
(b) Plushenko and Yagadin.
(c) Rochette and Lysacek.
(d) Osinski and Starosta.
3. Where did the Emperor travel in order to make an official cruise?
4. What did the soldiers of Eritrea want?
(a) Pay raises, vacations, and better living quarters.
(b) Pay raises, better food, and better living quarters.
(c) Justice, pay raises, and humane funerals.
(d) Justice, pay raises, and vacations.
5. When does "F.U.-H." say that the end of the Empire began?
6. After the peasant uprising, who wanted to gather loyal students and stage a demonstration?
(a) Prince Kassa.
(b) Prince Menalik.
(c) Prince Ezanas.
(d) Prince Makonen.
7. When did the peasants rebel?
8. Where did reports say that most of the murmurs and whispers were originating after the coup?
(a) The peasants.
(b) The aristocrats.
(c) The university.
(d) The army.
9. What did "Z.S.-K" say could lead "one right to the noose"?
(a) Walking too quickly.
(b) Walking too slowly.
(c) Clandestine clapping.
(d) Looking someone in the eye.
10. What was hauled off in trucks after the coup?
(a) Weapons and ammunition.
(b) Heaps of broken furniture and boxes full of empty shells.
(c) Glass from broken windows and mirrors.
(d) Dead bodies.
11. How many of the men the Emperor trusted implicitly participated in the coup?
12. What was wrong with the flagship Ethiopia?
(a) None of the engines would start.
(b) There was a small fire on board.
(c) One engine would not start.
(d) The ship had been sabotaged.
13. What was Germame's brother's position in the government?
(a) Chief of the Imperial Guard.
(b) Chief of the Palace Guard.
(c) Chief of Information.
(d) Chief of Security.
14. Where were soldiers from who arrested General Abebe?
15. What did lackeys do in the Palace after the coup?
(a) Swept up broken glass.
(b) Sanded soaked-in bloodstains from the parquet.
(c) Cleaned the floors.
(d) Took down torn and partly burned curtains.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the Emperor's father's name?
2. Where did the Emperor's grandson flee when the navy rebelled?
3. What was Makonen's position in the government?
4. Who was the one person that the Emperor had difficulty believing had betrayed him during the coup?
5. What was "Z.S.-K.'s" son's mood when a misfortune happened to "Z.S.-K."?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)