|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where were soldiers from who arrested General Abebe?
2. Besides students, who else died in a demonstration the students held after the peasant uprising?
(a) A general.
(b) Innocent bystanders.
(c) Army officers.
3. How many years did "F.U.-H.'s" have his government job?
(a) Five years.
(b) Twenty years.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Fifteen years.
4. What was hauled off in trucks after the coup?
(a) Heaps of broken furniture and boxes full of empty shells.
(b) Dead bodies.
(c) Glass from broken windows and mirrors.
(d) Weapons and ammunition.
5. Who said, "One often observes a fear of falling in people"?
(a) Kulik and Urmanov.
(b) Rochette and Lysacek.
(c) Osinski and Starosta.
(d) Plushenko and Yagadin.
6. What was done with the bodies of insurgents?
(a) Buried at night in hidden, unknown places.
(b) Their families were allowed to bury them.
(c) They were hung from trees until the birds disposed of them.
(d) Burned publicly.
7. What was "Z.S.-K.'s" son's name?
8. What was the last year of the Emperor's reign?
9. How long did the tumultuous conflict last between the Palace and the university?
(a) Twelve years.
(b) Seventeen years.
(c) Fourteen years.
(d) Eleven years.
10. In what province did the peasants rebel?
11. What position did the Emperor give Germame?
(a) Governor of a region in Kaffa.
(b) Governor of a a region in Eritrea.
(c) Governor of a region in Sidamo.
(d) Governor of a region in Wello.
12. When had the Emperor come to power through a conspiracy?
13. In what province did soldiers start a rebellion and arrest their superiors?
14. Why did taxi drivers go on strike?
(a) Price of gas was raised.
(b) Taxes were levied on fares.
(c) They had to provide rides at no charge to government officials.
(d) Gas was rationed.
15. When does "F.U.-H." say that the end of the Empire began?
Short Answer Questions
1. On page 108, what was "M.S.'s" job?
2. What was Germame's brother's position in the government?
3. After the peasant uprising, who wanted to gather loyal students and stage a demonstration?
4. When some complained about development, what did they say that some of the people could not afford?
5. What did "Z.S.-K" say could lead "one right to the noose"?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)