|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many copies of the Ethiopian newspapers were printed?
(a) 15 million.
(d) 25 million.
2. On page 108, what was "M.S.'s" job?
3. What was grown in the region where Germame held a government position?
4. Where was the Third Division stationed during all the strikes and rebellions?
(c) Dire Dawa.
5. After the coup, who grumbled when the "personal people" began to fill the Palace offices?
(a) The aristocrats.
(b) The Security Office.
(c) The head of the Palace guards.
(d) Crown Council.
6. What did "Z.S.-K" say could lead "one right to the noose"?
(a) Clandestine clapping.
(b) Walking too quickly.
(c) Walking too slowly.
(d) Looking someone in the eye.
7. How many people lived in Ethiopia in 1973?
(a) 25 million.
(b) 30 million.
(c) 10 million.
(d) 15 million.
8. What was the name of a television documentary about the Ethiopian famine?
(a) Starvation and Death.
(b) The Famine of 1973.
(c) Ethiopia: The Unknown Famine.
(d) Famine in Africa.
9. When did the Emperor become the first monarch in the history of Ethiopia travel to another country?
10. How many years did "F.U.-H.'s" have his government job?
(a) Twenty years.
(b) Fifteen years.
(c) Five years.
(d) Ten years.
11. When did soldiers start a rebellion and arrest their superiors?
12. What was Makonen's position in the government?
(a) Minister of Development.
(b) Minister of Security.
(c) Minister of Industry and Commerce.
(d) Minister of Information.
13. What type of a vehicle did Makonen drive?
(b) Ford sedan.
(d) Chevy sedan.
14. What was the last year of the Emperor's reign?
15. Where were soldiers from who arrested General Abebe?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the last day of the coup headed by Germame?
2. After the peasant uprising, who wanted to gather loyal students and stage a demonstration?
3. What department caused problems with the peasants?
4. How long did the tumultuous conflict last between the Palace and the university?
5. Who did the Emperor raise to the post of premier after all the strikes and rebellions?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)