|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: The Collapse, Pages 107 - 120.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the coup, what group began to grumble and speak unreasonably and insultingly against the Palace?
(a) The ministers.
(b) The students.
(c) The aristocrats.
(d) The peasants.
2. What was the name of the Minister of the Pen who was demoted?
(a) Walde Giyorgis.
(b) Ras Tafari.
(c) Balcha Safo.
(d) Tafari Makonnen.
3. Who was the leader of the aristocrats?
(a) Prince Cessa.
(b) Prince Mansa.
(c) Prince Kassa.
(d) Prince Bransa.
4. Which of the Emperor's family members also enjoyed traveling abroad?
(a) His son.
(b) His brother.
(c) His mother.
(d) His father.
5. How many people lived in Ethiopia in 1973?
(a) 25 million.
(b) 10 million.
(c) 30 million.
(d) 15 million.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did "Z.S.-K" say could lead "one right to the noose"?
2. In what province did the peasants rebel?
3. What did Makonen spend all his time and money doing?
4. On page 108, what was "M.S.'s" job?
5. From which of the palace factions were positions like Minister of the Pen or political police filled?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)