|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: The Collapse, Pages 107 - 120.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the 1930s, who invaded Ethiopia?
2. From what ethnic group was Teferra Gebrewold?
3. In 1963, what did some people steal at a reception for leaders of the independent African nations?
4. What was done with the bodies of insurgents?
(a) Their families were allowed to bury them.
(b) Burned publicly.
(c) Buried at night in hidden, unknown places.
(d) They were hung from trees until the birds disposed of them.
5. Where would the Emperor eat his dinner?
(a) Old Palace.
(b) Jubilee Palace.
(c) Anniversary Place.
(d) Imperial Palace.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1963, what meal did the foreign news correspondents share with the Emperor?
2. In 1963, what instruments were played during a reception for African leaders?
3. Who wrote, "It is an amazing thing, the extraordinary feeling of security..."?
4. What did children do while their parents were eating in the old days?
5. In what hotel did Kapuscinski meet Teferra soon after the Emperor was deposed?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)