|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: The Throne, Pages 17-26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What other group of people are as silent as the Ethiopians?
2. What type of groves surrounded Addis Ababa in 1963?
3. How much did it cost to bring a singer to sing for African leaders in 1963?
4. On a typical day, what time did the Emperor get up in the morning?
(a) 4:00 or 5:00 a.m.
(b) 6:00 or 7:00 a.m.
(c) 9:00 a.m.
(d) 8:00 a.m.
5. What were flown in for the reception held in 1963 for the leaders of the independent African nations?
(a) Wine and caviar.
(b) Exotic flowers.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1963, what instruments were played during a reception for African leaders?
2. How many men rode together on their jeeps patrolling?
3. From what ethnic group was Teferra Gebrewold?
4. Who was the contractor who was overseeing the workers performing construction work in Addis Ababa in 1930?
5. In 1963, for what would cars driving on Churchill Road have to stop?
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)