|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: The Throne, Pages 17-26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the contractor who was overseeing the workers performing construction work in Addis Ababa in 1930?
(a) A Swede.
(b) An Italian.
(c) An Armenian.
(d) A Russian.
2. Who was the head of Palace Spies?
(a) Solomon Kedir.
(b) Andrew Brinar.
(c) Peter Nineer.
(d) David Minar.
3. From what type of wood was the Emperor's bed made?
4. What unit has guns mounted next to the drivers' seats of their jeeps?
(a) First Division.
(b) Fourth Division.
(c) Second Division.
(d) Third Division.
5. What were flown in for the reception held in 1963 for the leaders of the independent African nations?
(b) Wine and caviar.
(c) Exotic flowers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote a book that had a passage describing the Emperor's coronation in 1930?
2. In 1963, what did some people steal at a reception for leaders of the independent African nations?
3. On page 11, what did the Emperor receive as a gift from the president of Uganda?
4. In what hotel did Kapuscinski meet Teferra soon after the Emperor was deposed?
5. What book described the Emperor's coronation in 1930?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)