|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: The Throne, Pages 17-26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1963, what meal did the foreign news correspondents share with the Emperor?
2. How much did it cost to bring a singer to sing for African leaders in 1963?
3. What other group of people are as silent as the Ethiopians?
4. What did the author say ran wild in Addis Ababa?
5. In what hotel did Kapuscinski meet Teferra soon after the Emperor was deposed?
(a) Hotel Gambela.
(b) Hotel Asela.
(c) Hotel Ras.
(d) Hotel Harar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What automobile did the Emperor prize for its dignified lines?
2. In 1963, where did the reception take place for African leaders?
3. In 1963, what did some people steal at a reception for leaders of the independent African nations?
4. What type of groves surrounded Addis Ababa in 1963?
5. On page 11, what did the Emperor receive as a gift from the president of Uganda?
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)