|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: The Throne, Pages 17-26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to "Y.M.", who was the Emperor's only teacher?
(a) Monsignor Jerome.
(b) Bishop Andrew.
(c) Monsignor David.
(d) Bishop Philip.
2. If the Emperor stopped in front of the lions' cage during his morning walk, what would he throw the lions?
(a) Ribs of beef.
(b) A deer haunch.
(c) A leg of veal.
(d) A pig head.
3. When would the Emperor arrive at the Old Palace?
(a) 7:00 a.m.
(b) 10:00 a.m
(c) 8:00 a.m.
(d) 9:00 a.m.
4. What other group of people are as silent as the Ethiopians?
5. On page 11, what did the Emperor receive as a gift from the president of Uganda?
Short Answer Questions
1. What were flown in for the reception held in 1963 for the leaders of the independent African nations?
2. What was the name of the dog that slept on the Emperor's bed?
3. How many men rode together on their jeeps patrolling?
4. Who wrote, "At the bottom there is a drudge who has to take it from everyone"?
5. On page 5, "F" discusses a duty that he had to perform for ten years. What was this duty?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)