|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Frederik is fleeing Sweden because he got ______________ girls pregnant.
2. Which of the following is a food which the ship's passengers do NOT lack?
(a) Salted food.
(d) Fresh fruit.
3. What happens for the first time during the trip in Chapter 18?
(a) Casualties occur.
(b) Land is sighted.
(c) Seasickness is gone.
(d) Drinking water is gone.
4. Robert talks to a man on board who claims to be ___________________.
(a) a friend of the U.S. president.
(b) a plantation owner.
(c) a marine merchant.
(d) an Episcopalian bishop.
5. What is a major challenge for the ship's passengers?
Short Answer Questions
1. Robert is ridden with angst about memories of ____________________.
2. Frederik Mattsson tells Robert that Frederik is to work __________________.
3. Elin hopes to find work as _________________.
4. All immigrants risk everything they have in their determination to _____________________.
5. Robert and Elin note ____________________ as they get closer to land.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Karl Oskar's mindset when it is learned that Kristina is bleeding from scurvy?
2. Who are the first two casualties on board the ship?
3. How is the ship a symbol for its passengers?
4. What is Karl Oskar's mindset, even in the face of adversity and disapproval from others, regarding his journey?
5. How do the family members cope with the first storm they encounter at sea?
6. How does time become an important element in the peasants' lives?
7. To what does Kristina compare her conditions on the ship?
8. What does Robert learn about his friend, Frederik, on the ship?
9. How are the story times beneficial for the peasants?
10. Why does Inga-Lena keep her illness to herself?
This section contains 1,052 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)